Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
    I read that I liked it
    I am enjoying it.

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
    A new read or reread? That is one awesome book. I really got hooked on David Weber with The Path of the Fury and quickly moved on to Basilisk Station. I've been hooked on him every since.
    New read, Starfist recommended them.
    sigpic

Comment

Hi all.
      I'm just about to start reading 'The Game of Thrones' bt George R.R. Martin.
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Good for you, it's brilliant. Definitely my favourite series of books ever written.
        Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

After that I'm going to start to read all my Honor Harrington books again.

Comment

I just bought Unnatural History from the steampunk series Pax Britannia by Jonathan Green. Has anyone read it? It looks pretty good:

'In the closing years of the 20th century the British Empire's rule is still going strong. Queen Victoria is about to celebrate her 160th birthday, kept alive by advanced steam technology. London is a fantastical sprawling metropolis where dirigibles roam the skies, robot bobbies enforce the law and dinosaurs are on display in London zoo. Welcome to Magna Britannia, a steam driven world full of fantastical creations and shady villains. Here dashing dandies and mustachioed villains battle for supremacy while below the city strange things stir in the flooded tunnels of the old London Underground. (source: http://astore.amazon.co.uk/jongreaut-21 )'
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trynki View Post
              I just bought Unnatural History from the steampunk series Pax Britannia by Jonathan Green. Has anyone read it? It looks pretty good:

'In the closing years of the 20th century the British Empire's rule is still going strong. Queen Victoria is about to celebrate her 160th birthday, kept alive by advanced steam technology. London is a fantastical sprawling metropolis where dirigibles roam the skies, robot bobbies enforce the law and dinosaurs are on display in London zoo. Welcome to Magna Britannia, a steam driven world full of fantastical creations and shady villains. Here dashing dandies and mustachioed villains battle for supremacy while below the city strange things stir in the flooded tunnels of the old London Underground. (source: http://astore.amazon.co.uk/jongreaut-21 )'
              That sounds like a fun read.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Adventurous View Post
                I've been reading Jack Campbell's "Lost Fleet" series and just finished Book 3, "Courageous." There's a tiresome little romance side-plot going on (which you can't just skip, since sometimes relevant stuff happens during the scenes), but otherwise it's pretty good.
                My best description of this series is, that it's one enormous book that has been split into 6 seperate parts.

Comment

Finished reading "The Heroes" by Joe Abercrombie. Good book and while it isn't a sequel as such it still requires that you've first read "The First Law" trilogy and "Best Served Cold".

Next up is "The Darkness that comes before" by R. Scott Baker.

Comment

Naked Empire - Terry Goodkind
                    sigpic

Comment

Erewhon by Samuel Butler
                      "The center of every man's existence is a dream." - G.K. Chesterton

Comment

Well I've started to read 'Game of Thrones'.
                        But I'm also reading Rogue Forces by Dale Brown.

Comment

I'm currently reading Arthur C. Clarke's A Fall of Moondust. A very engaging story. I also borrowed a book called Brain Thief by Alexander Jablokov from the library. I haven't read it yet, but the dust jacket makes it seem interesting. "...a sort of New England cyberpunk noir..." as it describes it.
                          My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

The Eyre Affair by Japser Fforde.
                            sigpic

Comment

I recently read an awesome steampunk vampire novel called "The Greyfriar". It's the first of a series called "Vampire Empire", which is set presentish time-- if vampires had risen up against humanity in the 1800s. It's awesome, and absolutely blew my mind.

The authors are Clay and Susan Griffith.

Comment

Finished reading "The Darkness that Comes Before" by R. Scott Baker. The book starts a bit slow but once it gains momentum it becomes really good and I will definitely be buying the rest of the series.

I've now started reading "The Shadow of the Scorpion" by Neal Asher which is a prequel book set in his Polity universe and tells the story of how Ian Cormac becomes an ECS agent.

Comment

Working...
                                X