Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
    I really enjoyed the Dragon Prince series--haven't thought of them in years!

I loved the Dragon Prince/Dragon Star series.

I still wonder if Melanie Rawn will ever finish the Exiles series. The Ruins of Ambrai was probably the first adult fantasy book I'd read ever read, back when I was 15; and the third book to that series still hasn't come out yet.
    sigpic

Comment

I read the Dragon Prince series last year, it was fairly good.

Just got a large shipment of books from Amazon.co.uk (got to love their no shipping cost promo). All in all it was eleven books:

Crippled God - Steven Eriksson
      Way of Kings - Brandon Sanderson
      Line War - Neal Asher
      Horsemans Gambig - David B. Coe
      Watcher of the Dead - J.V. Jonves
      Chronicles of the Black Company - Glen Cook
      The Heroes - Joe Abercrombie
      Storm Front - Jim Butcher
      The Darkness that comes before - R. Scott Bakker
      The river of shadows - Robert V.S. Redick
      Return of the Crimson Guard - Ian C. Esslemont

So my reading list for the next few months should be full

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
        I read the Dragon Prince series last year, it was fairly good.

Just got a large shipment of books from Amazon.co.uk (got to love their no shipping cost promo). All in all it was eleven books:

Crippled God - Steven Eriksson
        Way of Kings - Brandon Sanderson
        Line War - Neal Asher
        Horsemans Gambig - David B. Coe
        Watcher of the Dead - J.V. Jonves
        Chronicles of the Black Company - Glen Cook
        The Heroes - Joe Abercrombie
        Storm Front - Jim Butcher
        The Darkness that comes before - R. Scott Bakker
        The river of shadows - Robert V.S. Redick
        Return of the Crimson Guard - Ian C. Esslemont

So my reading list for the next few months should be full
        The only one I recognize from your list is Storm Front and that was a good book!
        sigpic
        Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Hi all.
          Well from the Dark age of heresy in the WH40k universe.
          I'm now back in the 31st century and back in the Battletech Universe.
          I'm reading 'Assumption of Risk' by Michael A. Stackpole. One of my favourite authors in the Battletech Universe.
          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
          To thy own self... Be true
          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Im reading The Sword Of Flame by Maggie Furey at the mo.
            sigpic

Comment

Just finished up the LEgend of Camber Culdi trilogy by Katherine Kurtz.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
                Just finished up the LEgend of Camber Culdi trilogy by Katherine Kurtz.
                I love that whole series! Too bad she hasn't written about this universe in a while. I keep checking the bookstores, but nothing new by her is ever there.
                sigpic
                Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

I continuing in going through my Battletech books.
                  I'm now reading 'Malicous Intent' by Michael A. Stackpole.
                  "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                  Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                  Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                  Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                  I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                  To thy own self... Be true
                  May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Finished reding "Line War" by Neal Asher which was another solid "Agent Cormac" book (last one of the series I think).

Started reading "The Crippled God" by Steven Erikson. Great series but so big and it's been so long since I started reading it that I've forgotten a lot of the details. It doesn't really help that Eriksson isn't big on reminding readers about what has happened before.

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                      I love that whole series! Too bad she hasn't written about this universe in a while. I keep checking the bookstores, but nothing new by her is ever there.
                      It was a fun read. I have one book of the Deryni series that I picked up at the library book sale of course it is the last book in the trilogy.

Currently reading The Secret Books of Paradys by Tanith Lee.
                      sigpic

Comment

Just borrowed Game of Thrones from my brother. Nice to have time to read again
                        sigpic

Comment

Another Anne McCaffery fan here! (There's a few on the first page)
                          My favourite two are Dragonsong and Dragonsinger: Harper Of Pern.
                          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Oh, I totally forgot about the Anne McCaffery books. Those were great!. I actually have a first edition signed copy of White Dragon. It's buried on one of my boxes of many books.

Hmmmm, I need to reread the Feist Magicians Apprentice books again. Loved those.
                            sigpic

Comment

I've recently started reading the "Malazan Book of the Fallen" series. It's quite hard work at first but now I'm into Book 2 of the first novel and really starting to enjoy it
                              "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Originally posted by loserinc View Post
                                Oh, I totally forgot about the Anne McCaffery books. Those were great!. I actually have a first edition signed copy of White Dragon. It's buried on one of my boxes of many books.

Hmmmm, I need to reread the Feist Magicians Apprentice books again. Loved those.
                                Aw, lucky you! I haven't read that one yet, but I have it. Never got round to it...
                                I'll have to pick up the series again one of these days...
                                "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                                "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Working...
                                X