Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm reading The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks
    sigpic

Comment

*waves* Hello everyone! I just saw this thread and wanted to post. I LOVE fantasy books, though I will admit that I'm a bit picky about them.

My favorite Author is Terry Brooks, LOVE all of his books. I own almost all of them. (Yes, I know I'm a dork. ) I also like Juliet Mariller, R A Salvatore.

I also like Shannon Drake but ONLY the ones where she mixes vampirism or werewolfs in with the story. She tends to do Romance in general but there are a few "Supernatural" ones with the romance.

sigpic
      Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
        I'm reading The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks
        How is that? I've been looking at it for months but haven't bought it.
        sigpic

Comment

still reading a book called , if Aristotle ran Hogwarts pretty good
          sigpic
          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
            *waves* Hello everyone! I just saw this thread and wanted to post. I LOVE fantasy books, though I will admit that I'm a bit picky about them.

My favorite Author is Terry Brooks, LOVE all of his books. I own almost all of them. (Yes, I know I'm a dork. ) I also like Juliet Mariller, R A Salvatore.

I also like Shannon Drake but ONLY the ones where she mixes vampirism or werewolfs in with the story. She tends to do Romance in general but there are a few "Supernatural" ones with the romance.
            Yes, a giant dork Just kidding. Welcome to the thread

I just recieved my new book in the post. Steven Erikson's Gardens Of The moon I still havent finished that list though
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
              It's pretty good; I'm almost halfway though. I thought it started off a bit slow but it picks up. The ending seemed good lol. I can never resist the urge to read the ending; once I get to know and like the characters I start to get impatient and need to see what happens so I read the end and then go back to read the middle. The only thing that kinda bothered me were some of the names, but it wasn't really a big deal anyway. Theres more books in the series and I'm planning on reading them too.
              sigpic

Comment

Just finished Temporal Void.
                Looking forward to starting the next one in the Trilogy, The Evolutionary Void
                no means no, and so does pepper spray
                Sig by The Carpenter
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                  It's pretty good; I'm almost halfway though. I thought it started off a bit slow but it picks up. The ending seemed good lol. I can never resist the urge to read the ending; once I get to know and like the characters I start to get impatient and need to see what happens so I read the end and then go back to read the middle. The only thing that kinda bothered me were some of the names, but it wasn't really a big deal anyway. Theres more books in the series and I'm planning on reading them too.
                  Thanks.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
                    It's pretty awesome if you want to read an assassin type story heavily inspired by Robert Jordan and Terry Goodkind. The only problem I had with the series as a whole was the world that Weeks created seemed too big for a trilogy. Even worse is that the books themselves are not particularly long either.

Comment

How is it heavily inspired by Terry Goodkind and Robert Jordan? I only read the first book but I didn't get that impression from what I read, are the other two books different?
                      sigpic

Comment

Lost World by Arthur Conan Doyle.

That guy had an imagination. Fun to read 18th or 19th century scientists squabble.

Comment

Finished reading "The Other Lands" which is book two in David Anthony Durham's "Acacia" trilogy. This is a pretty good series though this book could have used a stronger ending and really served more as a setup for the final book.

Comment

Also on my to-read stack is The Ware Tetrology by Rudy Rucker. Looked interesting on Amazon.
                            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                            Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                            Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                            Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                            Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I've just started reading...

Storm from the Shadows by David Weber (a Honorverse novel)
                              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                              To thy own self... Be true
                              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

go with Terry Pratchett -- Discworld series, Good Omens
                                nice book..

Comment

Working...
                                X