Yeah, I think I'd pass on that too.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      I suppose that really depends how they write him t o be. In G-1 he would have been significantly smaller. He was smaller than Cybertron (when he transformed into his super big robot mode he still was smaller enough to stand on and and presumably would have had to expend a effort while tearing it apart) while Cybertron was clearly a planetary body much smaller than Earth. Transformers never was strong on maintaining a consistent size different in its shows however.
      didn't he at one point become cybertron or something?

anyway megatron used to be a gun that stood about the same height as a transformer that became a jet, and soundwave, who was a tape player, could have panther/eagle sized transformers fit inside him...
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
        didn't he at one point become cybertron or something?

anyway megatron used to be a gun that stood about the same height as a transformer that became a jet, and soundwave, who was a tape player, could have panther/eagle sized transformers fit inside him...

See that is what I don't understand. Things like Soundwave happened all the time in the cartoon series yet the movie makers became really picky about mass shifting and all that other nonsense.

As far as I am concerned guys this is fantasy and that shouldn't have been an issue.
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          See that is what I don't understand. Things like Soundwave happened all the time in the cartoon series yet the movie makers became really picky about mass shifting and all that other nonsense.

As far as I am concerned guys this is fantasy and that shouldn't have been an issue.
          I do agree with you, but I can also see where they are coming from. They want to add an element of realism and plausibility to the machines they are bringing to life.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            I do agree with you, but I can also see where they are coming from. They want to add an element of realism and plausibility to the machines they are bringing to life.

^ ^ But does everything in movies these days "have to be plausible" at all?
            Worrying over all that is just being anal as far as I am concerned

Comment

^ ^ But does everything in movies these days "have to be plausible" at all?
              Worrying over all that is just being anal as far as I am concerned
              IMO, no, it doesn't have to be. And in some cases, it is better when it is not. I just know where they are coming from.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

The problem was if they were so picky about mass changing from G-1, why did they have the All Spark do it in the film? It even seemed to suffer the strange inconsistent size errors from the cartoons. "First," after it turned little, it was evidently show to be big enough to fit perfectly in Bumblebee's hand, clearly then small enough to easily fit in Sam's.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                  The problem was if they were so picky about mass changing from G-1, why did they have the All Spark do it in the film? It even seemed to suffer the strange inconsistent size errors from the cartoons. "First," after it turned little, it was evidently show to be big enough to fit perfectly in Bumblebee's hand, clearly then small enough to easily fit in Sam's.
                  Yes! Yes! Yes!

Finally someone else who noticed. For all the director's talk about mass shifting in the commentary there's no way the Allspark could go from giant cube to cube that can fit in Sam's hand...... They shot their own rules out the window ...

So next movie I hope we get a classic Soundwave who turns from cassette player to giant robot.

Comment

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Finally someone else who noticed. For all the director's talk about mass shifting in the commentary there's no way the Allspark could go from giant cube to cube that can fit in Sam's hand...... They shot their own rules out the window ...

So next movie I hope we get a classic Soundwave who turns from cassette player to giant robot.
                    Even if they aren't as concerned with the mass shifting, I don't see Soundwave being a cassette player. They are barely even around anymore. Maybe an I-Pod or CD player.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Even if they aren't as concerned with the mass shifting, I don't see Soundwave being a cassette player. They are barely even around anymore. Maybe an I-Pod or CD player.

Well we did have Frenzy in the current movie and he was a CD player so a classic soundwave should be offered to the viewers.

Comment

But that limits Soundwave then...especially if he were an I-Pod. Part of his character was that he could send out other Transformer spies like Ravage and Laserbeak who were the cassettes. Don't see how he could do that as an IPod...maybe as a CD player. But cassettes are so much cooler than CDs when they transform.

I agree that there is basically no chance that he will be the classic cassette player because they are outdated and some people don't even know what those are. They will go for something modern.

He'll probably just end up being another vehicle....
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                          But that limits Soundwave then...especially if he were an I-Pod. Part of his character was that he could send out other Transformer spies like Ravage and Laserbeak who were the cassettes. Don't see how he could do that as an IPod...maybe as a CD player. But cassettes are so much cooler than CDs when they transform.

I agree that there is basically no chance that he will be the classic cassette player because they are outdated and some people don't even know what those are. They will go for something modern.

He'll probably just end up being another vehicle....

That would be a pity because I really lliked Soundwave.... We did have Frenzy in the last movie but he was just a boring CD player.

Comment

That would be a pity because I really lliked Soundwave.... We did have Frenzy in the last movie but he was just a boring CD player.
                            As long as they keep Soundwave's robot form as close as they can to what he used to look like, I don't care what kind of vehicle or device they make him transform into.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

As long as they keep Soundwave's robot form as close as they can to what he used to look like, I don't care what kind of vehicle or device they make him transform into.
                              Well I can live with that as well. I'm just glad he is in the movie to begin with.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                                Well I can live with that as well. I'm just glad he is in the movie to begin with.
                                Same here. I really missed him in the first one.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X