Primeval : Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dumper View Post
    I thought i would tune in to see if it had improved on the few episodes i saw of the first season. Unfortunately it seems to be worse, some of the decisions by the main characters like Conner going for a drink unarmed while a Raptor is on the loose, and leaving an unconscious Abby on the floor while a Raptor is still on the loose is just having a laugh at the viewing audience.
    They're pretty dim if they don't know by now that wandering off on your owneeo or leaving someone unattended is a no-no.
    sigpic
    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I actually liked this weeks episode of Primevel
      Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Does anyone else watch this? I've just watched through the first season and I can't get enough of it. It's such an original show and the characters are awesome. It seems like we brits are fantastic at sci-fi after all. (not counting doctor who of course.)
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Damn it. I just made a new thread for this cos i couldn't find one. Ah well.

I just watched through the first season and i have to say, wow oh wow, this is such a fantastic show!

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            Does anyone else watch this? I've just watched through the first season and I can't get enough of it. It's such an original show and the characters are awesome. It seems like we brits are fantastic at sci-fi after all. (not counting doctor who of course.)

Lol, you are joking right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dumper View Post
              Lol, you are joking right?
              not at all.

Comment

I love this show. I can't get enough too.

At first I had trouble to understand the characters accents. I find it easier to understand american english.

I am thinking about buying Season 1 on DVD. Having seen the first two eps of Season 2 however
                Spoiler:
                I miss Lucy Browns character from Season 1. I hope she comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGolf-OneNiner View Post
                  I love this show. I can't get enough too.

At first I had trouble to understand the characters accents. I find it easier to understand american english.

I am thinking about buying Season 1 on DVD. Having seen the first two eps of Season 2 however
                  Spoiler:
                  I miss Lucy Browns character from Season 1. I hope she comes back.
                  well technically she still plays the same character...............just different.........

Comment

The "just different" part bugs me a bit. Because it means that her backstory is gone.

I must say their new Headquarters are great. The Home Office was a nice set but it seemed so small and crowded. The ARC however is a great set. It looks more theatrical/cinematic because of its size. They have outdone themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGolf-OneNiner View Post
                      The "just different" part bugs me a bit. Because it means that her backstory is gone.

I must say their new Headquarters are great. The Home Office was a nice set but it seemed so small and crowded. The ARC however is a great set. It looks more theatrical/cinematic because of its size. They have outdone themselves.
                      You know when i first saw the first ep of the season all i kept thinking is that the past screwing up is one hell of a good excuse to come up with a new set. lol

Comment

Even though she plays a diffrent Character she still kicks ass as she used that axe to chop the humungous worm in half and i for one love the show as well im especially a stephen and abby fan im hoping they explore a bit more of that relationship this season
                        Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

I wasn't sure about the first couple of eps of the second season,i couldn't really get into it but after that it seems to get better and better every week.....It was brilliant tonight.....But i'm more of a Connor/Abby fan Donna
                          sigpic

Comment

That was a cool episode once again. It was good to throw in a little extra risk. Next episode looks like it's going to be awesome though........

Comment

Apologies to non UK members who most likely wont have seen or heard of this show.

For those of you in the UK, who has watched the show? What do you think of it? How does it compare with other sci fi that you watch?

OK for those who dont know what i am talking about, Primeval is an ITV series shown on saturday nights. the basic idea is that there are temporal gateways, know as 'anomalies' opening up all over present day britain, linking the present with various points in prehistory. Creatures from these vaious periods in time frequently come through to our time and wreak havoc. The main human characters are a rather mis matched team who have become experts in the anomalies and the creatures that come through them and strive to stop the creatures and if possible send them back to where they came from. On top of all this we have a government agency doing it s best to keep the anomalies and the creatures a secret from the general public (sound familar?). Plus you also have the inevitable sub story lines about the team and thier lives.

Follow this link for more. I have only given a very rough outline here:
                              http://www.itv.com/Drama/cult/Primeval/default.html

I wasnt sure about it at first but season 2 is nearly at an end and i am still watching so it must be good!

People say the show is Doctor Who meets Jurassic Park. I disagree. it a more Torchwood meets Jurassic Park with a touch of Stargate thrown in for good measure. In fact I can see quite a lot of Stargate influences in the show: Portal to another world, government cover ups, even dark forces at work behind the scenes, as well as the team and its dynamics (although this is common to other shows as well).

Comment

there is already a thread about this.

But yeah I think it's great. The last episode was fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                                X