Primeval : Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that we're easy, and quite possibly shallow? /amused

there's a Primeval thread on GW? huh. after reading the first two pages of the thread though, it's pretty much convinced me of what i already knew....that my tastes are vaaaaaastly different from those that frequent GW, because it seems like they have no idea how to enjoy something for what it is.

that sweeping generalization said...my thoughts anyway, because this is teh internets and i can.

It's beginning to get boring, not a lot happens.
    overall, the series is quite fun, and anything with dinosaurs is just golden. rex is the cutest thing ever, and they wisely don't overuse him. also, the characters have a lot of texture and depth for so new and short a series. (ahhhhh, Brits; both a brilliant idea [short series'] and kinda crazy.) the show's strength, imho, is all of the fabulous tiny moments between characters, and the fact that it clearly knows its premise is fairly ridiculous and has fun with it.

ep 4 was spot on, stylish direction, low key funny how life is funny, and very sweetly tragic. Cutter's treatment of Connor at the end was beautifully done.

5 not so much, though it had a *lot* of really good moments. it felt stretched, though, so it makes me wonder if they had some new!Who-like camera catastrophe and had to do reshoots.

i LOVE that they seem to understand their own potential, if i read the preview for ep 6 correctly. and yayz, for a second series pickup!!

"Jurassic Park meets the A Team"?
    i think whomever wrote that should step away from the controlled substances. if anything, it's Land of the Lost meets Torchwood. clearly, they need a brush up on American television.

now, since the majority on the thread don't even seem to like the show, i'm going back to my little corner of non-fandomness.

thanks for the invite, though. that was sweet.
    Last edited by Shep; 15 March 2007, 01:37 AM.

Comment

get away! I love the show
      but I really don't think it justifies it's Saturday late evening time slot - the sunday repeat is much better - my 8 and 10 year olds adore it and they don't watch any old rubbish

but it is faintly ridiculous, and knows it - in the way that only British TV can do (Dr Who and Robin Hood to name recent ones)

The idea is good - if they get away from the Clichés: military are all eejits, only the under 25s can save the world, creepy governmet guy putting a spanner in the works and playing both sides against the middle, using Helen Cutter almost like a Deus ex machina...

I'm even writing fic for it in my head - a sure sign I like somethig

having 2 to letch at is just the icing on the cake!
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
        I'm even writing fic for it in my head - a sure sign I like somethig
        Is that fic really just in your head, or did it find its way on to Area 52?!
        Lookee here, a Stargate/Primeval crossover fanfic:

http://www.area52hkh.net/asb/bethany/entryint.php

Enjoy! (? - I don't quite know what to make of this)
        sigpic
        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

it doesn't seem finished to me - why put in characters and then not actually interact with them.

But my stuff would be on Area52 if I crossed it over -but there wouldn't be a link from here

(ooo, er, missus!)

so, is it the last ep today? I've lost count.

sigpic

Comment

Don't know, but I'm off back to the States on Monday so it'll be the last ep for me anyway.
            sigpic

Comment

well it was the last ep

great stuff - unfortunately Stephen kept his shirt on but... well, we loved it

sigpic

Comment

That Helen is a nasty piece of work isn't she? Not only does she try to seduce our unwilling hero at every turn, but she cradle-snatches the prof's assistant and on top of that gets the lovely specials ops guys killed. Now I bet she's gone back in time and made the new love interest Claudia disappear out of spite so hero Prof has to go and fix things... Cue Season 2.
                sigpic

Comment

GRR...

I could take her...

the Gruesome Twosome are nagging me for the DVD. I have to admit that I'm tempted... I can freezeframe the wetsuit scenes...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
                    That Helen is a nasty piece of work isn't she? Not only does she try to seduce our unwilling hero at every turn, but she cradle-snatches the prof's assistant and on top of that gets the lovely specials ops guys killed.
                    ::: plans Helen's demise. is sad over SpecOpsGuy. :::

Comment

IT'S BACK!

Did anyone catch the first ep of the new series?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
                        IT'S BACK!

Did anyone catch the first ep of the new series?
                        I did i love the show i didnt know there was even a Thread for this show im really glad there is and the new episode they Brought back Claudia but she plays a diffrent Character
                        Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Oh that's right! I caught a few bits n bobs of this episode on Saturday. I've no idea about what's been happening as I'd tuned out by the third episode in the first series. Dunno if it's worth continuing as I'd need to catch up with the first series episodes and maybe the cheese factor is still a little too high for my taste.

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
                          I did i love the show i didnt know there was even a Thread for this show im really glad there is and the new episode they Brought back Claudia but she plays a diffrent Character
                          I was wondering where she had disappeared to. Is it the same actress portraying the new character? She looked a lot different this time.
                          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

blimey! It was completely naff with loads of unnecessary rubbish but The Gruesome Twosome love it, and with at least 2 manly-tottys to look at who am I to complain.

Although complain I will if Stephen doesn't take off his shirt next week
                            hehe

sigpic

Comment

I thought i would tune in to see if it had improved on the few episodes i saw of the first season. Unfortunately it seems to be worse, some of the decisions by the main characters like Conner going for a drink unarmed while a Raptor is on the loose, and leaving an unconscious Abby on the floor while a Raptor is still on the loose is just having a laugh at the viewing audience.

The CGI just doesn't look realistic enough, there's a blurriness to the dinosaurs that makes them stand out too much from the background. I guess it's OK for kids to watch but if you're and adult it's best to remove your brain before watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                                Oh that's right! I caught a few bits n bobs of this episode on Saturday. I've no idea about what's been happening as I'd tuned out by the third episode in the first series. Dunno if it's worth continuing as I'd need to catch up with the first series episodes and maybe the cheese factor is still a little too high for my taste.

I was wondering where she had disappeared to. Is it the same actress portraying the new character? She looked a lot different this time.
                                Yes it is
                                Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Working...
                                X