Primeval : Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab View Post
    Ivanova, I dont think so no. I'd say stick with top shows like.....Babylon 5
    Obviously B5 is right up there in my pantheon of all-time great sci fi shows, but that doesn't mean I'm not open to new possibilities. Just a shame most of them suck, isn't it!?
    sigpic
    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
      Obviously B5 is right up there in my pantheon of all-time great sci fi shows, but that doesn't mean I'm not open to new possibilities. Just a shame most of them suck, isn't it!?
      speaking of which .. i am off to watch my weekly dose ... "No Surrender, No Retreat" sounds good ...

(actually i came to check if ep2 was any better, but now i'll watch B5)
      VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

If I think a scifi show is rubbish, I stop watching. Support the genre, yeah, but support the bits I like or the bigwigs will go, "Oh, so THIS is what they like? Great! Order up more of it!"

Comment

I rather enjoyed watching the first two episodes. I agree with most of you a little lax on the special effects, but I like the idea of the show.
          BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Um... it's on again tonite if anyone can be bothered but I think I'd rather stab myself with a blunt pencil than see any more of the pathetic shipping that started up last week.
            sigpic

Comment

Um... it's on again tonite if anyone can be bothered but I think I'd rather stab myself with a blunt pencil than see any more of the pathetic shipping that started up last week.
              Let me guess- Rookie MIB Chick wuvs Professor Angst.

Nope, one ep was enough to convince me this show wasn't something I ever wanted to watch again. I'm sure that probably makes me a horrible, nasty person for pre-judging an entire show based on one ep instead of watching the entire season before deciding, but frankly I don't give a ****. I'd rather be a prejudiced jerk than have to sit through an entire season of that slop just to prove that I really DON'T like it.

Comment

My video recorder is set and ready to go! woohoo!
                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  Let me guess- Rookie MIB Chick wuvs Professor Angst.

Nope, one ep was enough to convince me this show wasn't something I ever wanted to watch again. I'm sure that probably makes me a horrible, nasty person for pre-judging an entire show based on one ep instead of watching the entire season before deciding, but frankly I don't give a ****. I'd rather be a prejudiced jerk than have to sit through an entire season of that slop just to prove that I really DON'T like it.
                  No, it WAS her but it wasn't him, if you see what I mean.

I stuck it out for the first 2 eps mainly because I felt a sad, twisted responsibility to do so having started this thread.
                  BUT.
                  Wild horses couldn't make me watch this again so guess I'll be joining you in your prejudiced jerkdom.

OR...
                  maybe I'll give it one more chance, just to make sure. Blunt pencils at the ready!
                  sigpic

Comment

I missed this weeks episode (episode 3) does anyone know if ITV will repeat it?

Comment

Ah, unlucky (or lucky), it was repeated today at 3:55pm.
                      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

first ep was total rubbish but, the 2nd and third were watchable...nothing special though.

Comment

The Gruesome Twosome liked it along the lines of: since Stargate has gone rubbish and there's no Dr Who on... we'll watch this

I watched it because it has 2 rather lovely fellows who are very easy on the eye and so angsty it make my eyes water trying not to write a fic about them wile we watched.
                          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
                            I watched it because it has 2 rather lovely fellows who are very easy on the eye and so angsty it make my eyes water trying not to write a fic about them wile we watched.
                            Indeed! Their angst-ridden antics are quickly turning into the real draw, rather than all the dino doodoo.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm looking forward to all the fic...

now, in the last ep, Stephen said that he was very attached (or words to that effect) by Helen.

And reading his biog on the ITV website (yep, I was looking for something to drool at - I'm that sad old lady) I see he had his heart broken at uni....

what if he was seeing Helen, and then she upped and offed with the Prof?
                              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Ok, finally caught the "dodo" episode on vid, did you notice how they totally ripped off Stargate by having the eyes of the character infested with the parasite GLOW?!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X