Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dresden Files (spoilers for all episodes)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad news from Sci Fi Wire.
    Original article here.

SCI FI Channel confirmed that The Dresden Files will not return for a second season.

Comment

Originally posted by PuddleJumper42 View Post
      Sad news from Sci Fi Wire.
      Original article here.
      Wasn't that nice of them? They waited until Paul got another JOB to announce this.

This is seriously making me want to quit watching SciLIE all together. I haven't decided since I'm sorta excited to see Amanda Tapping on SGA, but in all honesty, I'm not sure I can. Why should I continue to watch a network that continually ignores the fact that WOMEN LOVE SCIFI!!!

<Insert censored words here>
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Sad, but predictable move. I liked this show anyway.
        sigpic

Comment

From TV Guide Online:

http://www.tvguide.com/ask-matt

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

ASK MATT

Matt Roush

Monday, August 27, 2007

**snippage**

Question: : I know that you love The Dresden Files, as do so many of us out in TV land. We fans are very disappointed that the Sci Fi Channel would cancel this fine show that garnered good ratings. Instead, we are stuck with wrestling, superhero reality shows and other programming well outside of the sci-fi genre. We are hoping Lionsgate, which makes the show, will shop it around to other networks. USA Network would be a great place for it, given their "Characters Welcome" slogan. Anything you can do to help get the word out would be greatly appreciated!— Anita K.

Matt Roush: "Love" may be putting it a big strongly, but I certainly enjoyed what I saw of The Dresden Files (I was especially keen on its star, Paul Blackthorne), and I admit I was surprised when the channel didn't rally more strongly behind it. Beyond the fact that reviving a show that has been canceled is incredibly rare, in this case further complicated by the fact that Blackthorne already has a new job (on the ABC series Hot Shots), it would be truly ironic if USA picked it up from Sci Fi, as they're sister channels (part of the enormous NBC-Universal cable empire). But it's true Harry Dresden would be right at home alongside the heroes of The 4400 and The Dead Zone (which is also from Lionsgate, by the way). And given the volume of mail I've been getting over the last week, I guess I shouldn't ignore that Dresden's fans are trying to pull a Jericho and get the show resurrected, if not on Sci Fi, then elsewhere. I can't really get involved in these efforts, but for those who are so inclined, I will pass on the fan website that has most frequently come to my attention: dresdencity.org. Go to it and good luck. (Which is a nice way of saying: Please quit flooding my mailbox.)

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Got my Season 1 DVD boxset today. Have to say, on first glance the packaging isn't overly impressive... it all looks a bit cheap and flimsy... and if the info on the back of each of the three slimline cases is correct, the first two discs have exactly the same extras repeated on them! What's the point of that?

Ah well... will see how they are when I play them. And at least now I have all the eps in one place with no ad breaks...
            sigpic

Comment

I was gonna buy the DVDs, but they were all out at Target.
              sigpic

Sig by SamJackShipLover! Thanks!

Thanks to Vanity_killsxxx on LJ for my profile pic!

Comment

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2007/09/...tick-campaign/

Some fans of Desden Files started a campaign to bring thre show back. thought some of you here would get a kick out of it. and remember the music kind not kfc.
                Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

The Dresden Files now on HULU:

NBC/Universal's video portal, HULU, is now offering The Dresden Files for viewing.

This site may be be available to those fans outside of the US.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I rented the dvd set a few months ago and quite enjoyed the show. It had the potential to go further and longer than it did.

Comment

One more in a long list of good genre shows that were developing an interesting mythology and a strong fan following and got needlessly cancelled after 1 season, or less (points to Firefly, Jake 2.0, Moonlight etc).
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                        One more in a long list of good genre shows that were developing an interesting mythology and a strong fan following and got needlessly cancelled after 1 season, or less (points to Firefly, Jake 2.0, Moonlight etc).
                        I was just curious as to why Dresden Files was cancelled? Anyone know?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                          I was just curious as to why Dresden Files was cancelled? Anyone know?
                          Who knows? Just network TV in action. It did well but apparently not well enough and the network never really gave any clear reasons. Heck, they didn't even actually make an announcement and confirm it was cancelled until Paul had actually been confirmed as taking a role in a new show!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                            Who knows? Just network TV in action. It did well but apparently not well enough and the network never really gave any clear reasons. Heck, they didn't even actually make an announcement and confirm it was cancelled until Paul had actually been confirmed as taking a role in a new show!
                            Maybe someday before I die, I'll understand television excutives and the decisions they make.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              Maybe someday before I die, I'll understand television excutives and the decisions they make.
                              Unlikely. That would require there to be some kind of rationale to their decisions.
                              sigpic

Comment

We were really rallying (on the jim-butcher forum) to save that show too. Sci Fi just kept putting off their decision. Then the reason they gave was that Blackthorne had taken another role. Yeah because they kept putting off a decision untill he had to either take that role or pass it up and hope they renewed TDF.
                                Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

Working...
                                X