Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dresden Files (spoilers for all episodes)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    Here's something:

http://www.sfsite.com/columns/rick247.htm

Don't know if it's trustworthy though...
    I emailed the guy and asked where he got the information from. He said that because it wasn't on tv.now, he thought it had been canceled. I told him that only 12 episodes had been shot and the decision to renew or NOT hadn't been made yet.
    sigpic

Selmak.Org ~ A website dedicated to a Snarky Symbiote & Her Boy Toys.
    Sel's Memorial to Don Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by unowhoandwhy View Post
      Thinking of a second season, I was wondering what everyone thought of possible casting choices for other Dresdenverse characters. The two I am most interested in hearing about are Thomas & Michael, but feel free to chime in with any characters from the books that you would like to see and who you would like to see playing them.
      I still think Ebenezar should be played by Don Davis. Stocky, balding with a fringe, Ozark accent?

sigpic

Selmak.Org ~ A website dedicated to a Snarky Symbiote & Her Boy Toys.
      Sel's Memorial to Don Davis.

Comment

Here's a question: on all the book covers (or the ones I can remember) Dresden is wearing a fedora, but I don't recall him ever actually wearing one. So, what, the artist added it just because it's cool?

As for Ebenezer, I always pictured him as kinda thin and wiry.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          Here's a question: on all the book covers (or the ones I can remember) Dresden is wearing a fedora, but I don't recall him ever actually wearing one. So, what, the artist added it just because it's cool?

As for Ebenezer, I always pictured him as kinda thin and wiry.
          Pretty much, yeah. He has never worn a fedora in the books (in fact I think has only worn a hat once and that was a baseball cap?) and I've seen Jim comment on that on, I think, a thread on the SciFi forums.

Which does make me laugh when you see book-purists complaining that the TV is bad, bad, bad, bad and WRONG because a) Murphy has brown hair instead of blonde and b) Harry doesn't wear his duster coat and fedorra!

As for Ebenezer... yeah, I'd thought of him as kinda wiry and grizzled too. I doubt we'd ever see him in the show though as the history they have given TV!Harry has no room for Ebenezer... in the TV-verse after his father died he went to live with Uncle Justin - until the death of said Uncle.
          sigpic

Comment

hey guys

Just found this part of gateworld. LOVE the dresden files, think there is a lot of potental in the show and the characters and i've just started reading the books. i really hope it gets picked up for another season (and hopefully more episodes).

Everything crossed
            X Red.

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Hey Red Phoenix, you will love the books, they are very well written. I am only up to #5 myself & can't wait to read more.

Love the pic in your sig line, by the way!

Comment

Well, among other things, a petition with more than 5,000 names was sent off to TPTB in support of more Dresden. The latest word is that we won't hear anything till mid-June. I am going on the "No news is good news" theory, thank you!

Also, Amazon.com (among others) now has The Dresden Files Season One DVD's for pre-order... I find it encouraging that they call it "Season One" rather than "The Complete Series"!!!

Comment

June?!! Waaaah.

But I'm with you on the optimism.... at least it's not a definite no!
                  sigpic

Comment

I dunno, I keep getting Surface flashbacks. Finale was listed as "season" not "series" and they said they were holding off until May or June before making a decision, campaigns were launched, petitions were signed and ultimately it still got canned.

Not that Surface has a lot in common with Dresden, but I can see them being in similar situations. Hopefully it'll work out better for Dresden. At least we haven't heard anything about the producers needing to re-pitch the series to the Suits, which I think happened with Surface. Or so the rumor went.

Comment

I hope that the suits announce something by at least the 15th of June. The longer it takes for them to say yes/no, after that signals something.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                        I hope that the suits announce something by at least the 15th of June. The longer it takes for them to say yes/no, after that signals something.
                        hopeful the good responce to the annoucent about the dvd's will go well for them. It's brilliant to see the amount of special feactures that will be on them, it's one of the main reasons why i bother buying dvd's.

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Phoniex View Post
                          hopeful the good responce to the annoucent about the dvd's will go well for them. It's brilliant to see the amount of special feactures that will be on them, it's one of the main reasons why i bother buying dvd's.

I just checked Amazon and it looks like the release date for the DVD's are August 7, 2007.

http://www.amazon.com/Dresden-Files-...QUEQ4U/iagonet

Comment

Still no word on whether the show's gonna be renewed or not. *sigh*

Meanwhile, do any of the book fans happen to watch 4400? In regards to the character Kyle I'm wondering if I'm the only one who
                            Spoiler:
                            keeps getting a Lasciel vibe off Kyle's power which manifests itself as a girl named Cassie. Seeing as he was once possessed by an evil force from the future I can't shake the nagging suspicion that Cassie is an echo of that exorcised evil.

Comment

Looks like no decision yet, but at least it isn't out yet.

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2007/07/...hoot-location/
                              sigpic
                              ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris View Post
                                Looks like no decision yet, but at least it isn't out yet.

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2007/07/...hoot-location/
                                Interesting. Thanks for that. The way they are talking about shooting set to begin in fall makes it sound like it's fairly sure that shooting will be happening?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X