Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dresden Files (spoilers for all episodes)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I LOVED this week's ep, even the over-the-top bits, lol. I am so sad that the season will be over next week, because they have really hit their stride in the last 3 or 4 eps.

I know I have said it before (on more than one forum, lol) but Paul Blackthorne and Terrence Mann have the most wonderfully expressive faces and can say more with body language than most so-called actors can with pages of dialogue.

Harry couldn't have hugged that skull tighter when Bob went into the Other Side, could he? Poor thing, thought he lost Bob to a skullnapper and then to real death in the last ep & then he almost lost him again.

I loved the scenes with Morgan, especially the "I scare myself" scene with Harry & the jazz scene with not-Murphy. That scene humanized him for me. I think it is interesting that they make Morgan look taller than Harry. Both actors are very tall, but Paul has an official half an inch on Conrad.

Comment

A few caps from "Things That Go Bump"

I have NEVER wanted to be Murphy before... until I saw this scene!
      Spoiler:

Just some random shots I liked:
      Spoiler:

A light show for Murphy:
      Spoiler:

Comment

And some more. I loved this scene, and Harry's lines were bone-chilling and spine-tingling.
        Spoiler:

And this scene was heartbreaking! You know, when Harry
        Spoiler:
        was in tears at the sight of his dad. Poor baby, c'mere & let me make it feel ALL better!

Comment

And then of course, there is this scene. Poor Harry
          Spoiler:
          just had Bob skullnapped & then died (but he got better) last ep, how must he feel about possibly losing him again!

And poor Bob! The look on his face when he finally returned. Poor ghost needs a hug.

Comment

Wheeee! Nice caps! Many of my favourite moments in there too...

(However I happen to know of another scene in which I am *definitely* jealous of Murphy!... )
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              Grrr on the move to 10PM!

edit: Hmmm. Tonight's ep seemed a little... over-the-top to me. Didn't call the ending at all, which is good, but I also found myself rolling my eyes a bit, which is bad.

Between this and the previews for next week's SEASON FINALE (OMGWHAT?!) I have to keep repeating my mantra: Alternate universe, alternate universe, alternate universe...

Although one upside of the show is that Dresden/Murph is the obvious ship. Well, obvious from a production standpoint, anyway. I'm sure there are Dresden/Bob shippers out there. Amongst other, even unlikelier pairings.

I thought along the same lines for this episode. Can't wait to see the finale.

I'm a Morgan/Murphy shipper myself, seeing that their both kind of in the same profession.

Comment

I actually hate Morgan even more than I hate Bob, but whereas I can tick off all the reasons I don't like Bob, I'm not sure what it is about Morgan that rubs me wrong.

I'm curious to see how they'll handle Murphy's "daddy issues" next week. Looks like it'll be a big jump away from the Bookverse. Good on them, but at the same time I'm getting sick of how many characters on various shows had "daddy issues." It's getting so that I cringe at the very hint of it.

Comment

Which reminds me. I still have to see if B&N has Storm Front in stock. Or is there a better alternate solution?

Comment

You can always try finding it online, but if you are only looking for one book it wouldn't be worth the shipping costs.

Buy three or four, they're small! lol

Comment

I got three massive compendiums for what was undoubtedly way too much money, but I NEEDED the books in a desperate way and couldn't wait any longer. They contained the first six books, I think.

I managed to finish Unshapely Things, the Boston area knock-off of Dresden. A lot of it really bugged me, but I'm getting the second book anyway, mostly because I think there's a chance that the author could improve with time. Not really a good substitute for Dresden, but an.... interesting take on things. I'm also curious to see if I'm right about something regarding the main character.

Comment

I have just seen an episode with Claudia black in it and I must say it's one of the best episodes so far in Dresden Files for me.She was so much different to her character in SG-1(whom I didn't like) and I really enjoyed seeing her.

Comment

Oh, just wait, the episodes after that one get better & better!

Comment

Originally posted by unowhoandwhy View Post
                            Oh, just wait, the episodes after that one get better & better!
                            Oh my yes!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Sunday night is going to be very bittersweet. I can't wait to see the next ep, but it is the season finale & there are no confirmations about another season. I can't imagine they wouldn't give it another season... but I thought that about Firefly & look what that got me... only one season (but a heckuva movie!).

Comment

Originally posted by unowhoandwhy View Post
                                Sunday night is going to be very bittersweet. I can't wait to see the next ep, but it is the season finale & there are no confirmations about another season. I can't imagine they wouldn't give it another season... but I thought that about Firefly & look what that got me... only one season (but a heckuva movie!).
                                I know.. *sigh* Last I heard there was talk of an announcement in May as to whether a second season would be picked up.

Don't be too downhearted though... Firefly was actually cancelled (as in told definitely not being picked up) whilst still producing the first series... at least that hasn't happened with TDF.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X