Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry but I think all his movie are boring as I feel asleep in most.
    sigpic

Comment

I like all his movie but Unbreakable. His movies are the type I like to just sit back and have fun waiting. His children sure have it great because Lady in the Water was a real bedtime story he told them. The ones I was read when I was a girl were okay but this would have been alot more fun.
      "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
      'Eleanor Roosevelt'
      Individuality is freedom lived.
      'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
        James Cameron (Titanic) is also doing an "Avatar" based on an Anime series. The two projects are too much alike for me and actually neither sounds interesting. Maybe they both should go on to something else.
        From what I understand they aren't very similar except for the word "Avatar" in the title.

Shyamalan's Avatar is about a young boy who must (re)master his magical abilities with the four elements in order to defeat the greedy Fire Nation.

Cameron's Avatar is about "...a paralyzed ex-marine who employs an experimental avatar, one that happens to be a giant alien humanoid creature."

Way over-simplifying things, but I still don't think they're very similar. I'm wary of both projects, but if they get made, I'll probably see them anyway.

Comment

Love the cartoon Avatar: The Last Airbender,

But, I do not like Shyamalans recent movie offerings.

Liked 6th Sense and Signs, but other than that, so-so with his stuff.

Good cartoon + Shyamalan = unpredictable results.

Nonetheless, I will probably take my daughter.
          Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
          Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
            I've seen Sixth Sense, The Village and Unbreakable. I thought that Unbreakable was the best lol I heard that they were planning a sequel though so has anyone heard any news on that? I think I read it on wikipedia....
            I don't know, I haven't heard anything. Then again, I normally don't hear anything about a particular movie until I see the trailer.

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
            As for "Lady in the Water", that was very different and my whole family enjoyed it. I really identified with the kooky apartment dwellers - I lived in a place like that once. *LOL*
            I agree. I've never lived in an apartment, but all the characters just seemed so... normal. There was not much special about most of them, just your everyday, average people. And that's what made me appreciate the movie even more. I thought it was done very well.

Originally posted by Atlantis1 View Post
            I like all his movie but Unbreakable. His movies are the type I like to just sit back and have fun waiting. His children sure have it great because Lady in the Water was a real bedtime story he told them. The ones I was read when I was a girl were okay but this would have been alot more fun.
            I know, they are lucky! And the fact that he made the story for them just made the movie even better, IMO. It almost made me feel like a kid again. But at the same time, it was exciting for grown-ups, too.
            Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

I thikn that Unbreakable is his best and one of my favourite films.
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Mine too!

I just thought it was cool, until I read some guy's review on IMDB, where he pointed out all of the comic book symbolisms. It was surreal how many there were.

Comment

I read afterwards that the movie "Unbreakable" was a comic book styled movie, I always used to think it was just rather supernatural and it leaves the viewer to make their own mind up...?

Signs was probably my favourite, If I can overlook the obvious plot hole concerning the alien's aversion to water then it is pretty dramatic, and makes me jump a little.

The idea of of "Signs" that most people I have spoken to about it is that it is basically a movie about a man who has lost faith, the wrap up to that is Alien's are invading Earth to take the humans and feed upon them, I think that alien eating human part could have been emphasised more so than just a few tall aliens running around and scaring the s**t outta people.

The "Village" was neither really here nor there, it was dramatic and if I hadn't known the ending already it may have made an impression on me..meh! oh well.

haven't gotten around to seeing LITW yet, didn't appeal to me that much.
                  For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Working...
                  X