Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creed462
    I think a movie would be cool too
    Without a doubt. That show was great. However, I'd only want a movie as long as Dean Stockwell and Scott Bakula were in it. I wouldn't want new actors playing them.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Great show.
      Have to save up and get the DVD's at some point.
      I think that this was the show that got me interested in scifi. Or it could have been Babylon 5 but I think it was QL.

Comment

And finally saw The Leap Home (4x01) today! Another one that made me misty eyed. I was expecting it but it's still very sad to watch. I'm not thrilled to know that Sam never returns home to Donna. *grumbling*

Anyway, I made some icons of the episode in case anyone is interested. quite a few donna/sam icons but some other random ones.

Click here

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
          And finally saw The Leap Home (4x01) today! Another one that made me misty eyed. I was expecting it but it's still very sad to watch. I'm not thrilled to know that Sam never returns home to Donna. *grumbling*

Anyway, I made some icons of the episode in case anyone is interested. quite a few donna/sam icons but some other random ones.

Click here
          Nice icons.

Trust me, a lot of us QL fans were upset with the ending of the show. I would have loved it if Sam could have returned home.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I love Quantum Leap.

My favorite episode was the one where Sam leaped into Lee Harvey Oswald. So dark and so compelling on a lot of levels.

I also loved "The Leap Home" (where Sam tries to save his father and brother) along with "The Leap Back", "Ghost Ship", "The Curse of Ptah-Hotep" and many others.

Great series. I hope "A Bold Leap Forward" still gets produced.
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
              Great series. I hope "A Bold Leap Forward" still gets produced.
              I would love to see a future QL project at some point. It was indeed a very smart, enjoyable show.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I'm a massive massive fan of Quantum Leap, I've been watching it since I was about 9/10 years old, that's about 15 years!

I've got to admit boxsets 2-4 are pretty naff compared to season 1 boxset.

I didn't have a crush on Al, but I did have a crush on Sam. (still do) I was thrilled when I saw Dean Stockwell on SG-1. One of the biggest thrills of my life was when I met Dean at (Collectormania 7 Milton Keynes UK) last year. He was so lovely. It was like he was 3D I mean he was outside smoking a cigar outside a pub, but then a couple of minutes later after Dean asked me to join him <sqees> Corin turns up!!! I'm in heaven!!!

I had to ask Dean about the "Halloween Episode!" of Quantum Leap. I think that's one of the best episodes. It's just so out there! But another one of my faves is "A Leap For Lisa" That is cool. But "Mirror Image" makes me cry....Dr. Sam Beckett did return home! ---well that's what I say.

But thinking about it again I'd say actually it would make sense that he never returned home because he would always want to help people and put right what once went wrong. But I think that he could of gone home once or twice for a holiday, (ie "Leap Back")

"A Bold Leap Forward" has been on the table for almost FOUR years. I hope something is going to come out of this but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Peace!
                Janna Galaxy
                Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                The Strongest Will Survive!
                I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Recently revisited QL on DVD after not seeing since the eighties. I lasted about halfway into Season 2 then gave up. I found it very dated and rather chessy alot of the time. The plots were usually pedestrian and seemed to be of the quality I'd see on an ep of The Love Boat or Fanatasy Island.
                  I'd classify the show as 1% Scifi and 99% cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
                    Recently revisited QL on DVD after not seeing since the eighties. I lasted about halfway into Season 2 then gave up. I found it very dated and rather chessy alot of the time. The plots were usually pedestrian and seemed to be of the quality I'd see on an ep of The Love Boat or Fanatasy Island.
                    I'd classify the show as 1% Scifi and 99% cheese.
                    And there goes the thread.
                    sigpic

Comment

Although I haven't seen QL in years, I loved it when it was originally airing. I think I'm going to ask for a couple of seasons for Christmas. I really like Scott Bakula (although I was disappointed with Capt. Archer in the later seasons....I guess I missed Sam's humor and empathy for other people). I was defending Sam in the "Best Hero" tourny the other day because he was just such a great guy. He was never selfish, he truly cared about people, he used his intelligence and compassion rather than violence, he never got any thanks or appreciation because nobody even knew he had been there, and he made the supreme sacrifice for his best friend twice: once when leaping back in so Al could leap out and then again so Al could be happy.

(There, Descent, did that help?)
                      Last edited by Callista; 28 October 2006, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                        (There, Descent, did that help?)
                        Very much so.
                        sigpic

Comment

I LOVE Quantum Leap - sure, it's a lot cheesier in the revisiting than it was when I watched originally as a teenager ( ) but I still enjoyed it I have the first season on DVD (but it's gone walk-abouts right now), but I am permanently scarred that they replaced most of the period music with generic crap - even if I understand why they had to, I SO don't agree with it! MIA is just NOT the same!

Comment

Al's a cylon in BSG and a crazy kook in stargate!!!
                            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                              Al's a cylon in BSG and a crazy kook in stargate!!!
                              Also hes an alien dictator in Enterprise.

I loved the cheesyness of Quantum Leap. I watch it whenever its aired on ITV4 (I have no more room for any of the boxsets). Apparently there were rumours of a movie. Can anyone confirm this?
                              Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
                                I LOVE Quantum Leap - sure, it's a lot cheesier in the revisiting than it was when I watched originally as a teenager ( ) but I still enjoyed it I have the first season on DVD (but it's gone walk-abouts right now), but I am permanently scarred that they replaced most of the period music with generic crap - even if I understand why they had to, I SO don't agree with it! MIA is just NOT the same!
                                stupid frelling copyright of songs...*grumbling* audio should STAY the same in episodes on DVD.

I think people say "cheesy" because the show had family morals and stuff. I believe that's why my parents loved it and may be the reason I enjoy it. Not to say it's all family stuff. There's some very heady episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X