Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    I still have not watched Quantum Leap. *hides in a corner*
    Definitely worth checking out. It was, overall, a really great show.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Bring Sam home!!

Not that I'll believe they'll actually make a movie. Just a fangurl dream...
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Quantum Leap movie may be moving forward

Bakula told the gathered audience that “Quantum Leap” creator Donald P. Bellisario is currently writing a script for a big-screen version of the series and has a “big time” Hollywood producer interested in developing it. Unfortunately, Bakula says he’s now too old to step back into the role of Sam Beckett, but assured fans he’d play a role in it:

The good news is that Don [Quantum Leap creator Donald P. Bellisario] is working on the film script and has a big time Hollywood producer who wants to do it … It’s about time. But what I always thought would happen, happened … [that he's now too old for the role]. But Dean [Stockwell, who played Al] and I will have a part in it somehow.

Don did say that as he was writing, he told me he was having trouble, ‘getting you and Dean out of my head.’ But I know he will do it.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          WOW! I really hope this happens.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Too old?? What sort of cop out is that! If Dean Stockwell isn't too old, then Scott Bakula certainly isn't. The whole POINT (for me) is for Bakula's Sam to get home, not some cop out impersonator

(apparently I feel quite strongly about this )

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
              Too old?? What sort of cop out is that! If Dean Stockwell isn't too old, then Scott Bakula certainly isn't. The whole POINT (for me) is for Bakula's Sam to get home, not some cop out impersonator

You should feel strongly about it. Bakula being "too old" for the role is actually great, because they get to show how much has went on for Sam and Al during the 20 years the show has been off the air.

Sam never returning home pretty much suggest that he leaped until he died, so I think a movie taking place showing him old, tired and having Al there showing how much of a friendship these two guys have is a powerful statement towards the show's development of these characters.

A QL movie wouldn't be QL without the Sam/Al story being finished, with Sam getting back home and someone else taking over.

sigpic

Comment

Quantum Leap fans have just as much of a right to want a movie as any other fandom. If you don't like the idea, I suggest that you stay out of the thread and leave it be and show others the respect of letting them discuss what they want to discuss.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I do agree that Sam needs a better ending than he got. Hopefully, he will get a chance at that.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                    You should feel strongly about it. Bakula being "too old" for the role is actually great, because they get to show how much has went on for Sam and Al during the 20 years the show has been off the air.

Sam never returning home pretty much suggest that he leaped until he died, so I think a movie taking place showing him old, tired and having Al there showing how much of a friendship these two guys have is a powerful statement towards the show's development of these characters.

A QL movie wouldn't be QL without the Sam/Al story being finished, with Sam getting back home and someone else taking over.
                    I agree. If Scott & Dean aren't in it (as the major actors) I'm not interested in the movie.

Comment

It would interesting to see that Sam has already made it home and him and Al take turns as the hologram so that Beckett could take over for Gooshie. The person doing the leaping now could be a niece, nephew or someone related to Beckett. During the current leap it could be Al’s turn as the hologram then he gets sick and Beckett has to take over. Maybe the rest of the QL project team could be in danger of getting sick after Al gets sick and the leap is the whole key to fixing the current problem.

Just my thoughts on what I think the movie could be about.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I've been re-watching my Quantum Leap boxsets season by season, I had forgotten that Sam actually killed people from time to time.
                        sigpic
                        Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
                          I've been re-watching my Quantum Leap boxsets season by season, I had forgotten that Sam actually killed people from time to time.
                          really? cannot remember that
                          Grimm returns October 24
                          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Yep, I'm on season 4 and I've seen four episodes where Sam had to kill, he shot three bad guys and one bad girl and knocked another guy off of a cliff. All died.
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't remember that either. Good old Sam, nah! I loved Scott and Dean together. That was a fun show.
                              sigpic

Comment

These are the episode titles in which sam killed.

Permanent Wave (shoots and kills a female killer)

M.I.A. (Shoots and kills two criminals with a shotgun)

The Leap Back (Hits a guy and knocks him off of a cliff)

Honeymoon Express (Stabs a killer)

Her Charm (Empties his gun into a killer's chest)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X