X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elles View Post
    I liked that site.

It's good to know that there's a fair amount of people who didn't completely ignore the fact that Eragon was a rip off of Star Wars when they read the book...
    That is a great site. But *cough*Istillthinkthebookwasfun*cough*. Don't plan of seeing the movie now though, specially considering the number of people who have said it was bad.

Comment

Watched it the other night. Was ok. Enjoyable viewing.
      Haven't read the books. Might one day now...
      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

The movie was ok thought it was rushed. Though I think it had potential to be great.
        sigpic

Comment

have read eragon and 2/3's of eldest ... saw the movie the day it came out ... major disappointment ... it was like whoever made the movie ... never read the books ... did not translate across at all in the manor LOTR or HP did!!

teehee!!
          sigpic
          SCORE!!
          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

I finally got around to reading "Eragon" and have ordered "Eldest" since I liked the first book so much. I haven't heard very good things about the movie, but I'm still going to add it to my Netflix list and form my own opinion.

Comment

I saw the movie and it sucked. I do not know the books but I know LotR and Harry Potter. And the movie was like a remake of the best scenes and characters of those two. Lots of LotR references...
              Eragon is something for people, who do not know the masters of fantasy.

The only thing I liked about the movie was Jeremy Irons. Amazing man!
              sigpic

Peter Petrelli: What do you do with something that killed you?
              Nathan Petrelli: You could put it underneath your pillow.

Comment

I watched the movie and I loved it. Especially the scene where Eragon is doing the magic arrow thing. Absolutely hilarious.

I might read the book, depending on how bored I am When is the last book coming out though?

Comment

No plans to, sounds like a poor man's LOTR
                  sigpic
                  "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Both of my friends read it and they love it. When I'm hanging out with them, they'll sometimes start talking about it. I don't think I'll read it though. It sounds a little too much like LOTR to me.
                    sigpic

GROOVY!!

<A href="http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=altonbrownrox">Play Trivia and Quizzes at FunTrivia.com</a>

Come and play trivia quizzes to your heart's desire!

Comment

The first time I went through it, I did see the LOTR stuff, but it wasn't until after I'd finished the book that I noticed the Star Wars stuff...

Paolini can't even make an especially creative map. I noticed that parts of Algaesia are in a map of the Holy Land in my copy of the bible.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Working...
                      X