X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan View Post
    I totally agree. I'm okay with The X-Files II being a stand-alone monster-of-the-week movie but I'd really like any sequels that follow to pick up on the mythology.

One other thing I hope - That this movie will get a sub-title like the first got Fight the Future. I hate having to call this new movie The X-Files II.
    Actually the first film wasn't called "X-files: Fight the Future" It was just called "The X Files Movie". Fight the Future was a tagline for the film that was positioned so close to the title, that some idiotic companies *cough* Amazon America, got confused and thought it was a title.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
      Actually the first film wasn't called "X-files: Fight the Future" It was just called "The X Files Movie".
      Actually, it's just The X Files.

Fight the Future was a tagline for the film that was positioned so close to the title, that some idiotic companies *cough* Amazon America, got confused and thought it was a title.
      Making such a mistake does not make a company idiotic. I've seen fans of the show make the same mistake.

Comment

I totally agree. I'm okay with The X-Files II being a stand-alone monster-of-the-week movie but I'd really like any sequels that follow to pick up on the mythology.

One other thing I hope - That this movie will get a sub-title like the first got Fight the Future. I hate having to call this new movie The X-Files II.
        X-Files II sounds dreadful. I hope they drop that completely and give it a sub-title as well. We don't need numbers in the title.

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post

Making such a mistake does not make a company idiotic. I've seen fans of the show make the same mistake.
        I thought "Fight the Future" was part of the title, considering on my copy of the DVD, on the spine it says "The X Files Fight the Future" in the same bold print looking like one title. Personally, I like "Fight the Future" as part of the title and will continue to refer to the movie as such, since saying "The X-Files" gets confusing with the show, and saying "the first X-Files movie" gets ridiculously long winded.

Comment

I just refer to it as "X-Files One" or simply "Fight the Future"
          Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
          Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
          Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
          --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

I've seen Fight the Future as the movie's subtitle everywhere except for the actual movie itself. When you're watching it on TV or your computer, it just says THE X FILES over the black goop. Fight the Future is just the tagline, but the promotional people treat it as a subtitle.

I hope the sequel has a subtitle. Having a 2 or II between the series title would be OK but not necessary.

Comment

What I Don't Want:
              * For the expected alien colonisation of Earth in 2012 to not be forgotten.

* For Mulder and Scully's son William to not be forgotten.
              Couldn't these be in the "what you want" part? Because doesn't the double negitive make it mean you want these things?

Shouldn't it read......

What I Don't Want:
              * For Mulder and Scully's son William to be forgotten.
              Last edited by Oreo; 03 November 2007, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
                Couldn't these me i nthe "what you want" part? Because doesn't the double negitive make it mean you want these things?

Souldn't it read......

What I Don't Want:
                * For Mulder and Scully's son William to be forgotten.
                Ooops. You're absolutely right. I'll go back and edit that right now.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I was just bored and figured I'll point that out.

And we should go back to talknig about the Mayan calendar, it will most likely be more entertaining than this movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post

Yes but companies have the responsibility to get it right and SHOULD be in the know. Fans getting it wrong is different.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

All the promotional articles had the line "Fight the future" just bellow the title ( calendars, T-shirts, baseball caps, etc )

Anyway, you guys just need to go to a DVD store to find this weird trend :

ID4 = Independence Day
                      T2 = Terminator 2
                      X1, X2, X3 = X-Men movies

How come people don't want to write down a whole sentence anymore ????

Comment

Originally posted by Caldwell's 2IC View Post
                        All the promotional articles had the line "Fight the future" just bellow the title ( calendars, T-shirts, baseball caps, etc )

ID4 = Independence Day
                        T2 = Terminator 2

Because one giant letter makes a cool graphic but whole bunch of them strung together is just like this sentence...nothing interesting.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

It's all about the abbreviations these days.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

ID4 = Independence Day
                            T2 = Terminator 2

Because we are a society of very, very lazy people, with very, very short attention spans.
                            "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                            My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten View Post
                              Because we are a society of very, very lazy people, with very, very short attention spans.
                              *sigh unfortunately. It's just getting more and more out of hand. It's astonishing how illiterate a lot of people have become over this. They don't know how to write in proper English and presume that their internet speak is acceptable anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                                *sigh unfortunately. It's just getting more and more out of hand. It's astonishing how illiterate a lot of people have become over this. They don't know how to write in proper English and presume that their internet speak is acceptable anywhere.
                                Wt u tlkn abt? Netz spk iz cl k? Dnt u strt slgin of d wy iz tlk k?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X