No announcement yet.

X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait for it and I really hope it does happen. I had given up all hope but this does sound good.

As for how they'll be able to do a stand-alone movie set in the present given what happened in the last episode; keep in mind that when Chris Carter wrote the last episode it was always planned to continue in movie form so he obviously had a plan in place for how to get Mulder and Scully back into a position to investigate these cases.
    'Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the end of it too?' - Douglas Adams

Comment

I'd love to see "X-files 2" !!!! And a "Monster-of-the-week" would be great; if you are thinking about the finale, don't forget we can always go back in time and it would be like a "missing x-file" or something, with the whole gang together again...including A.D. Skinner of course, the Lone Gunmen and Cigarette-smoking Man. I like Robert Patrick, so for me it is not a problem if he is in the movie too ( his season 8 episodes with David Duchovny are still among my favorites ) but please get rid of Monica Reyes; I can't stand her.

Comment

A during the series movie? Ew. The actors have aged too much for that to work.

Comment

I think they could pull it off. Not like beginning of the series necessarily, but later, sure.

That being said, I really want to see them give some sort of resolution to the end of the series. But at the same time, I really don't want to have to watch two hours of that late-series crappy mythology.
          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

If they do a new one, then I feel it should be a proper ending for it. The ending the series got I thought was very weak. A feature-film would be a great way to end the franchise properly..go out on a bang..not the burnt out ciggerette of the season9 finale.
            Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
            Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Gillian Anderson is now saying that there's a good chance on it happening this time. That's definitely a good sign.

Comment

Cannot wait tbh. So what if they've aged slightly, make up can do wonderous things...

Still htis would be one movie i'd deffinatly go to see. I loved X-Files always has been my number 1 fav TV show of all time. Secon dbeing Stargate. Cannot wait to hear a plot for it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1989 View Post
                  Cannot wait tbh. So what if they've aged slightly, make up can do wonderous things...
                  Makeup can't deage people. I'm still irritated with Frakes and Sirtis playing the 1994 version of their characters in a 2005 Star Trek episode. If they do that with The X Files, I'm not watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                    Makeup can't deage people. I'm still irritated with Frakes and Sirtis playing the 1994 version of their characters in a 2005 Star Trek episode. If they do that with The X Files, I'm not watching it.
                    LMAO.....yeah, that didn't work too well. Doubtful that they'd do that same extensive time gap with The X-Files though.

And X-Files fans, head over to Myn and Camello's smiley shop (under Stargate fandom) for some very cute Mulder, Scully, and Caldwell Skinner smilies.

Comment

That would be quite annoying, wouldn't it?
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Possibly... but Mulder and Scully feel kinda timeless for me, too, so who knows?
                        "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                        My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Let's say the movie comes out in 2010 but is set during Season 7 of the show... the last year Mulder was there full time. That means Duchovny and Anderson are playing their characters from a decade ago. Oh, wait, that's what Frakes and Sirtis did in the ENT finale. Yeah, I'll pass...

Comment

All parties involved have said multiple times that the movie will take place in the present and will deal with where Mulder and Scully are after the events of the final episode.

And I wouldn't worry too much about age when it comes to David and Gillian. Both of them still look amazing and at 46 (David) and 38/39? (Gillian) they are both far more age appropriate for their jobs.
                            'Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the end of it too?' - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by BJX View Post
                              All parties involved have said multiple times that the movie will take place in the present and will deal with where Mulder and Scully are after the events of the final episode.

And I wouldn't worry too much about age when it comes to David and Gillian. Both of them still look amazing and at 46 (David) and 38/39? (Gillian) they are both far more age appropriate for their jobs.
                              Yeah, I agree, I don't think either of them have packed on the same paunch that Frakes and Sirtis did (and they didn't have the time to prepare for their roles in Enterprise either, it was basically just a sign on and go).

Comment

Originally posted by BJX View Post
                                That's what I was hoping. A stand-alone movie is fine by me, so long as it's not a lame flashback. I'm guessing Mulder and Scully are now paranormal investigators on the run from the Human/Alien hybrid clones?

Their age only becomes a factor when you set the movie ten years in the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X