No announcement yet.

X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
    You saw it! Oh I am so happy for you hun! <g> Oh I watched some of that too (I was in bed just about to sleep, you know how it is, you have the tv on just before you go to bed lol)! Oh that is cool! I wasn't imagining it! Yeah I think it is, well my mum seems to think so too (I asked her if she knew what UPs was 'cos it was annoying me lol)!
    I know! It is really funny. Maybe they still might resurrect it from the cancelled bin! Am I stretching to far there???

I actually only found out a few weeks ago, my old letter said the start date was 7th April, which would be strange 'cos I think that is a Thursday??? It is indeed getting further *is very nervous*! Yeah I guess so. Thanks hun!
    Oh it was indeed! And like I said, the easiest but most boring-ist Saturday I have ever had lol! Yeah exactly. But that is BHS for you!

Ah well I was kind of there right?? Oh that sounds very cool. My Nan would like something like that (makes a mental note for mum for an idea for Nan’s birthday in June ). Er not so great at the moment. I am stuck in a rut. I have a few ideas for my little brother though! I am still thinking lol!
    Oh yeah, like the one in s4 Double Jeopardy (I love it when the 2 Jacks fight lol <g>)!
    Oh speaking of Amanda, she is due next week! I wonder how she is doing??
    I did indeed, and I still have the big grin to prove it! Oh that was so my reasoning for watching it too, I was too tired to read but not tired enough to fall asleep, if you see what I mean. Now if only they'd show that ad again at a reasonable hour... *giggles* No you definitely weren't imagining it!
    Hmm well you never know, but I seriously doubt it.

Yeah the 7th is a thursday & that would definitely be a strange day to start! I think you're probably going to be nervous until you start & find out there's nothing to be nervous about. I would've been like that had the faculty office actually sent me the start dates in the first place(we had to ring up & find out that 'oh yes, this is freshers week & you have to go & enrol', doh!).

Yup! Well I thought so, so I hope she likes it, it's come already & it has postcards of the original film posters with it . That sounds like a good idea, it's actually cheaper on Amazonius for once too!
    I'd actually forgotten about that one but now that you mention it, yep exactly like that. And she's not the only one either, just look at Hathor's wig...it has a life of it's own !
    Next week? Wow that's really soon, I wonder if many people entered the contest?

((((((((((huggles)))))))))))

Sis

Comment

Hello !
      I'm going to insert myself in your discussion (don't understand anything by the way, except that you call Jean Reno "Mr Lovely Frenchman" )

Anyway... I don't know if you'll be interested by this but cause it's a little bit related to XFiles, I thought I'd post it here

DD is currently writing a blog you can see here :
      Lions Gate Directors David Duchovny

It's about his new movie House of Dark. A bit hard to understand what he means sometimes but I think it's great he's doing this blog. And he seems to read readers'comments
      Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by florence
        Hello !
        I'm going to insert myself in your discussion (don't understand anything by the way, except that you call Jean Reno "Mr Lovely Frenchman" )

Anyway... I don't know if you'll be interested by this but cause it's a little bit related to XFiles, I thought I'd post it here

It's about his new movie House of Dark. A bit hard to understand what he means sometimes but I think it's great he's doing this blog. And he seems to read readers'comments
        Hi there!

Thanks for the link, I only had a quick peek but it seems pretty cool...DD's licence to ramble! I shall definitely have more of a read later . And well, that's what we do here in this thread...ramble!!! So, er, that's probably why nothing makes sense to you. I blame it all on Tracey *giggles*

Sis

Comment

Originally posted by florence
          Hello !

Oh hey Florence. Nice to see a fellow xf fan and shipper over here!

Oh thanks for the link! Sounds cool! And yep, we like to ramble in here lol! And nope, not just me who does it *throws a big stare at Kirsty *! And Kirsty is the one with the obsession of Mr lovely French man btw!

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by thelittlesis
            Isn't that always the way?!

Didn't it say there were some Star Trekky people coming on board too, i'm not sure whether that was SG-1 or Atlantis though. Oh i'd say so! (and yeah it was a bit fab wasn't it , and I just knew it'd end on a cliffhanger!)
            Indeed! *giggles*

Well, it might be a while but ok!

((((((((huggles)))))))))

Sis
            It sure is!

I am not sure; I haven't heard that one yet! I wonder whom they have coming on board then??. It was very fab and yep, cliffhanger, what else would they do!

*Giggles* that’s fine! Well I could always write my report (lol) on it and then add it to my long discussion on, oh, about 5 other episodes!

(((((((((((huggles))))))))))))

~Tracey~
            Last edited by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules); 13 March 2005, 09:22 AM.

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

I did indeed, and I still have the big grin to prove it! Oh that was so my reasoning for watching it too, I was too tired to read but not tired enough to fall asleep, if you see what I mean. Now if only they'd show that ad again at a reasonable hour... *giggles* No you definitely weren't imagining it!
              Hmm well you never know, but I seriously doubt it.

Yeah the 7th is a thursday & that would definitely be a strange day to start! I think you're probably going to be nervous until you start & find out there's nothing to be nervous about. I would've been like that had the faculty office actually sent me the start dates in the first place(we had to ring up & find out that 'oh yes, this is freshers week & you have to go & enrol', doh!).

Yup! Well I thought so, so I hope she likes it, it's come already & it has postcards of the original film posters with it . That sounds like a good idea, it's actually cheaper on Amazonius for once too!
              I'd actually forgotten about that one but now that you mention it, yep exactly like that. And she's not the only one either, just look at Hathor's wig...it has a life of it's own !
              Next week? Wow that's really soon, I wonder if many people entered the contest?
              *Giggles* I am sure you do hun! Yep I get exactly what you mean and it was the same here too, even though I knew I had to be up for work the next morning lol! Yeah, a reasonable hour! I was going to say in between Stargate but that is not going to happen lol!
              Yeah me either. It was just a thought but yep, will never happen!

Exactly. I have no idea why they put that date to begin with!
              Yep, I think so too. So that is about another month or so of nervousness then! LOL! They never sent you the start dates out??? That is a bit, er, stupid! D'oh indeed!

Oh so you are quite organised then! It sounds very cool! I still have yet to get anything for my brothers although I have ideas. I think I will get it tomorrow after work! Well look around tomorrow after work!
              I try to forget about that wig lol! *Giggles* oh yep, Hathors wig was by far the worst of them all. Then probably followed by Daniels one (the one in Moebius comes to mind lol).
              Yep it is, the 15th is her due date (my day off, which is why I am going to find pressies for my brothers after work tomorrow )! I did! I have entered a few times!

((((((((((((huggles)))))))))))))

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Oh thanks for the link! Sounds cool! And yep, we like to ramble in here lol! And nope, not just me who does it *throws a big stare at Kirsty *!
                Thought i'd interrupt the staring(or should that be glaring?! ) with more Xf-iness news, well of a sort, it seems very deja vu to me!

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050313b.php

Comment

Yep I get exactly what you mean and it was the same here too, even though I knew I had to be up for work the next morning lol! Yeah, a reasonable hour! I was going to say in between Stargate but that is not going to happen lol!

Exactly. I have no idea why they put that date to begin with!
                  Yep, I think so too. So that is about another month or so of nervousness then! LOL! They never sent you the start dates out??? That is a bit, er, stupid! D'oh indeed!

Oh so you are quite organised then! It sounds very cool! I still have yet to get anything for my brothers although I have ideas. I think I will get it tomorrow after work! Well look around tomorrow after work!
                  I try to forget about that wig lol! *Giggles* oh yep, Hathors wig was by far the worst of them all. Then probably followed by Daniels one (the one in Moebius comes to mind lol).
                  Yep it is, the 15th is her due date (my day off, which is why I am going to find pressies for my brothers after work tomorrow )! I did! I have entered a few times!
                  Yup, tv you can fall asleep to & not mind at all if you miss anything! Well maybe the Stargate repeats, isn't that where you saw it in the first place? I'd say Dead Like Me would be a good place to put it, but maybe that's just wishful thinking!

Well it's the UCE isn't it? Maybe they're still as bad now!
                  I'd have to say so, maybe if you focus on something else, like your brothers birthdays, then it'll sneak up on you & you won't have time to be nervous.....it's a theory anyway!

For once, yep!
                  I'm sure AT does too *giggles*, but then she was being a robot clone at the time so good hair - not necessary! I don't know why they had that horrible wig anyway, I saw some pics of whatsherface that played her at a con & her normal hair would have done just fine, ok so it wasn't orange but....
                  So tomorrow then, wow, all I can say is good luck AT!

Sis

Comment

Thought i'd interrupt the staring(or should that be glaring?! ) with more Xf-iness news, well of a sort, it seems very deja vu to me!

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050313b.php
                    LOL! Yeah, maybe it should be glaring *glares over at you *.

Ok so more of the same old news, and this time it is off CC! So there is no script and they are still in negotiations. Ok I am just getting to confused now and at the moment I am really not that bothered! Oh and it looks like DD was in a dreamland after all! We were right!

((((((huggles))))))))

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Yup, tv you can fall asleep to & not mind at all if you miss anything! Well maybe the Stargate repeats, isn't that where you saw it in the first place? I'd say Dead Like Me would be a good place to put it, but maybe that's just wishful thinking!

Well it's the UCE isn't it? Maybe they're still as bad now!
                      I'd have to say so, maybe if you focus on something else, like your brothers birthdays, then it'll sneak up on you & you won't have time to be nervous.....it's a theory anyway!

For once, yep!
                      I'm sure AT does too *giggles*, but then she was being a robot clone at the time so good hair - not necessary! I don't know why they had that horrible wig anyway, I saw some pics of whatsherface that played her at a con & her normal hair would have done just fine, ok so it wasn't orange but....
                      So tomorrow then, wow, all I can say is good luck AT!
                      Exactly. Good either way! Oh good idea . And yep, that was where I saw the add lol! *Giggles* oh yeah, well keep your eyes peeled tomorrow! Yay it is on tomorrow!

Yep it is! I think they probably are. And the NHS students grant. They still have not sent my forms out. It has been 2 months now. I have phoned and emailed them so much. I am going to have to phone them again tomorrow!
                      Oh yeah, good idea hun! I did go shopping after work btw and came home with a few things (some nice things for me too ). I have so far got my little brother some Spiderman figures (still got to get him one more thing) and my other brother I have decided just to give some money. I know that is what he would prefer anyway. Or maybe I can give him a HMV voucher!

Most probably *giggles*! Oh yeah, I have seen some piccies of her at a con too (with DSD I think) and it looked fine. But oh well!
                      Yeah me too! ((((Amanda))))! *sending positive and happy vibes to her*!

Oh btw, did you watch that programme on BBC1 'Supervolcano'! I watched yesterdays part and taped today’s (will watch it tomorrow) 'cos smallville was on! It was quite cool! But I was also asking 'cos if you have watched it, did you notice there were a few Stargate faces in there?

Ok I have rambled on again lol!

(((((((huggles))))))))

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

LOL! Yeah, maybe it should be glaring *glares over at you *.

Ok so more of the same old news, and this time it is off CC! So there is no script and they are still in negotiations. Ok I am just getting to confused now and at the moment I am really not that bothered! Oh and it looks like DD was in a dreamland after all! We were right!
                        Eep! I think I liked it better when it was just staring!

Yep, same old same old. So they have a story but no script & are negotiating their socks off...do you think DD's even talked to CC recently?! *giggles* Yep we were.

((((((huggles)))))))

Sis

Comment

Oh good idea . And yep, that was where I saw the add lol! *Giggles* oh yeah, well keep your eyes peeled tomorrow! Yay it is on tomorrow!

Yep it is! I think they probably are. And the NHS students grant. They still have not sent my forms out. It has been 2 months now. I have phoned and emailed them so much. I am going to have to phone them again tomorrow!
                          Oh yeah, good idea hun! I did go shopping after work btw and came home with a few things (some nice things for me too ). I have so far got my little brother some Spiderman figures (still got to get him one more thing) and my other brother I have decided just to give some money. I know that is what he would prefer anyway. Or maybe I can give him a HMV voucher!

Most probably *giggles*! Oh yeah, I have seen some piccies of her at a con too (with DSD I think) and it looked fine. But oh well!
                          Yeah me too! ((((Amanda))))! *sending positive and happy vibes to her*!

Oh btw, did you watch that programme on BBC1 'Supervolcano'! I watched yesterdays part and taped today’s (will watch it tomorrow) 'cos smallville was on! It was quite cool! But I was also asking 'cos if you have watched it, did you notice there were a few Stargate faces in there?

Ok I have rambled on again lol!
                          I will be doing , i'm definitely paying more attention to the adverts these days! Yay indeed!

2 months & you still haven't had the forms?! That's not so good, you're just going to have to keep bugging them until something happens....fun! Ooh so you're almost done then!

Yeah & i'm sure some of the guys were trying on Hathor's wig too, maybe at one of the auctions or something, well either that or I imagined it LOL!

Nope can't say I did, i'm not sure I like disastery, 'we're all doomed!' type things. Was it any good? Really? Let me guess, it was filmed in Vancouver!

What's this thread for if not rambling? At least we do it coherently, well, semi-coherently anyway!

(((((((huggles))))))))

Sis

Comment

Yep. I am finally getting around to replying as well. It does take a lot of time to post, but we have 2 other posts going on as well so it is not like we are not rambling to each other. Like that would ever happen! Yep, and the Atlantis ep is tomorrow! When I first read this I had no idea we were getting Dead like me back (hadn’t read the Sky guide yet) and then as soon as I read it I saw an advert for DLM lol!
                            It really does, and we would only have one other post if that XF news one hadn't spiralled out of control LOL! Nope I don't think we could stop that!
                            Ah well there you go, it's actually being advertised quite a lot, so i'm guessing they want the ratings!

Well now this has been a while, we are all back to normal. Well it’s still cold (although not as much) but there is no snow in sight. Nearly 2 weeks of snow and we really didn’t have much! And it is getting so much lighter as well. We will be turning to clocks forward soon. And spring is nearly upon us!
                            Well just about, I seem to be a bit sniffly in the mornings still. It is & yeah you'd think with all that snow it would've settled more, still, i'm glad we didn't have it like the north and places. That we will & yep spring has nearly sprung!
                            *Giggles* I haven’t been into Topshop for a while. Well the last time was with you when we meet a couple of weeks ago! They really don’t have much I like at all! LOL! It seems to be that way! Oh you know! I have something green now. It is a jumper, not exactly the green I wanted (sort of light green) but it is nice! Oh that sounds really nice, I hope I can see it some time!
                            Another Care Bear’s fan (well when we were little that is)! Yeah I think so. Yeah I know. Mum has a Disney calendar and March’s month has a ‘Spring time with Roo’ so I gather that is another movie too!
                            Me either, in fact I haven't been shopping since! But yeah Topshop seems to be all that kind of hippy drippy stuff, but not in a good way.... So you're a green convert? Well next time I see you i'll wear my coat & you can wear your top, how about that?
                            Yeah, I remember having a cuddly toy too, I think mine was cheerful bear, my gran bought it for me .
                            LOL! Thank you and sheesh, that is a lot of episode titles here hehe! Spoilers for Threads, Moebius 1 & 2, & Atlantis eps Letters From Pegasus, The Gift & The Siege pt 1…
                            Spoiler:
                            *Giggles* It so is! Yep it was just a quick death I guess. Kind of like Janet. But they are gone but not forgotten!
                            Ok so Moebius part 1. The only reason why I thought Jack was annoying was because it was not our Jack lol! No it was just that he was such an ass! You know, he was quite mean when they first went to him! But then the 2nd part came and all was forgotten, then it was Jack and how could you not like him! Yep it was very nice to see Hammy again and Kawalsky (sp???) and yep, Major Davis and that :-{, that was hilarious! I loved it when they went to Tu’lac (Sp??) to get Teal’c, that was so funny. And he shot Daniel ‘cos he was a gou’ald lol! And Sam when see was all ‘I have never seen anybody shot before’ lol! Then they went back in time, again! And who was there but Daniel! That was cool, although I thought he would have been happier to see them seeing as ‘his’ friends died! And now onto the inevitable, the Sam & Jack bits lol. As you can imagine some shippers weren’t happy ‘cos well, it was all alternative again but most were. But I so loved it all, Sam’s ‘I wonder if the future me will have a boyfriend’ to Jack’s ‘it is weird seeing that come out of someone so…. Hot’. And then kiss was pretty hot too. Still would have loved a real one, but it was great anyway! Ok so I can’t remember much more either. I think I shall watch it again soon too! <g>
                            Yes Teyla and her superpowers is trés cool! Yeah it was. I must admit I hadn’t liked Teyla so much. But having that episode, I think I like her a little more now. McKay, Shep and Weir are my favs still! Oh yes, Sheps wraith naming is getting notorious now lol! Ok I still love RDA and he will always be number one, but I am getting a big soft spot for Joe now, he is pretty damn hot! <BG>I loved the name Bob! Erm anyway, back to Atlantis <g>! Yes 2 Hive ships, very good that they got one down. And poor, Grodin is it? He got blasted in that satellite! I can’t remember much more ‘cos it was last week lol, but I did love it! And I am looking forward to tomorrows!
                            Tons of ep titles in fact & there's one more to add ! Spoilers for Threads, Moebius(both parts) and Atlantis eps The Siege(both parts)
                            Spoiler:
                            Hmmm I suppose so, but they did seem to linger on Janet's death a bit longer than they did with Jacob .
                            Anyway yes, so he wasn't as annoying in part 2 then, that's good. He did seem more like regular Jack in that ep but then he was being action Jack so you know, back to normal. Some shippers weren't happy? But it wouldn't have been an alternate thing had they not changed the timeline thing, and it was such a shippy ep, there was even fishing...again! Ooh yep Kawalski, I slightly forgot about him, but obviously he couldn't live to see the mission succeed, that would just be wrong...as would 2 Daniels. And now i'm having exactly the same problem as I did last time, I really do have to watch it again!
                            No, well I can see why, 'cos they haven't really done a lot with her character have they, which hopefully next season they will. Yeah mine too, and the Scottish chappie, he's fab too! *giggles* Yeah but if they're not gonna tell him their names then well, Steve & Bob are obviously just great wraith names . He has to call the next one Dave, i'll be disappointed otherwise! Aww so maybe we should be posting Shep pics too then! I have no idea what his name was but I did think when I saw McKay's team that, well, i've never seen them before so one or both of them is going to die. So part 2, unexpected back up from Earth(a colonel with a funny voice it has to be said) & wraiths everywhere, ooh & the Genii made an appearance too...which is another point, whatever happened to Sora, she could help them fight surely? And that colonel was a bit of a meanie too, I know Elizabeth isn't military but still! Although they did seem to warm to each other towards the end... So Teyla's disappeared, Ford is surrounded, Shep's on a suicide mission ! How are they going to get out of that!!!

Ooohh a Jack-ism lol! *Giggles* well I don’t mind, you know this thread is for ranting and rambling and just a little bit of XF talk! Yep exactly, and I do love the freeway chase bit! And yep, she is cool! Yep I think so too. The ending wasn’t what you expected. It was just a bit stupid IMO! Yep you are but then again, so am I! It does. It is about devils, demons?? And stuff. Sort of like Devils Advocate. Well not really like it but you get what I mean (right???)! lol! Has JR done a review of it yet??
                            Mother’s day has now gone lol! And we both got things and both our mum’s loved it so all is right with the world! :-)
                            Hehe! We've had enough Teal'cisms(i'm sorry but that word just looks wrong! I think it's the apostrophe) for a lifetime I thought it was about time for a Jackism . Yeah but not too much, wouldn't want to be bombarded with that XF-iness now would we! The freeway chase is pretty impressive but on the whole I find it a bit bleurgh. Yeah I agree, and also I don't like long death scenes. They annoy me, it's like get on with it already! LOL, yeah I know what you mean, heaven & hell & good & evil 'n' all that. Nope not yet, but it says on the website they'll be one on mondays programme. They had a British film special this week so he didn't review anything.
                            Yeah he doesn’t. It is indeed a theory! Yeah, I know I probably would have too! I must admit I haven’t watched last Thursday’s yet as I wasn’t home. But I do know that Chen killed her dad! Is that right???
                            Yeah that's right, not the cheeriest of eps I must say, but hey Luka's happy & Carter's getting happier so someone has to be miserable!

((((((((huggles))))))))

Sis

Comment

I will be doing , i'm definitely paying more attention to the adverts these days! Yay indeed!

2 months & you still haven't had the forms?! That's not so good, you're just going to have to keep bugging them until something happens....fun! Ooh so you're almost done then!

Yeah & i'm sure some of the guys were trying on Hathor's wig too, maybe at one of the auctions or something, well either that or I imagined it LOL!

Nope can't say I did, i'm not sure I like disastery, 'we're all doomed!' type things. Was it any good? Really? Let me guess, it was filmed in Vancouver!

What's this thread for if not rambling? At least we do it coherently, well, semi-coherently anyway!
                              *Giggles* I can imagine. Your mum and dad aren't getting worried are they??? I mean, your eyes are peeled to the tv are they not? *Giggles* ok I'll shut up! You know, I think they should have shown the last episode again before showing the new season, well just 'cos!

I know! You wouldn't believe how much I have phoned and emailed. I emailed them twice today 'cos I am not waiting in a 30 minute phone queue again! I am indeed. I can't wait until it's over lol!

*Giggles* I don't think you were imagining it, I seem to recall something about that. I would love to see that wig and try it on too!

Yeah me too mostly. So why did I watch it you ask lol! Well I watched it 'cos of the science. I used to love that part of science, leaning about the earth, volcanoes and their science etc! It was about Yellowstone parks volcano! And plus there was nothing else on tv! I still haven't watched the second part yet, but I thought it was ok! You know I have no idea; I will try and have a look on the credits later! But anyway, we had Harry in it, the one who plays the Russian general (can't remember his name) and Samuels or the pusher from XF!

*Giggles* true! Hehe, yep, most of the time!

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

*Giggles* I can imagine. Your mum and dad aren't getting worried are they??? I mean, your eyes are peeled to the tv are they not? *Giggles* ok I'll shut up! You know, I think they should have shown the last episode again before showing the new season, well just 'cos!

I know! You wouldn't believe how much I have phoned and emailed. I emailed them twice today 'cos I am not waiting in a 30 minute phone queue again! I am indeed. I can't wait until it's over lol!

*Giggles* I don't think you were imagining it, I seem to recall something about that. I would love to see that wig and try it on too!

Yeah me too mostly. So why did I watch it you ask lol! Well I watched it 'cos of the science. I used to love that part of science, leaning about the earth, volcanoes and their science etc! It was about Yellowstone parks volcano! And plus there was nothing else on tv! I still haven't watched the second part yet, but I thought it was ok! You know I have no idea; I will try and have a look on the credits later! But anyway, we had Harry in it, the one who plays the Russian general (can't remember his name) and Samuels or the pusher from XF!
                                Well, I say peeled what I really mean is not going & making a cuppa in the breaks...of anything! I've not seen it again though...
                                It would have been nice to have the whole first season shown before going onto the next one but at least we got a relatively long catch up bit at the start.

So you've still not managed to get anything out of them then?

*giggles* It's an odd thing to imagine so it must've happened. Wasn't it CN? Or maybe Colin whatshisname that's Major Davis('cos lets face it, it's the sort of thing he'd do! ). LOL, you'd look great with orange hair!

It's like The Day After Tomorrow all over again, only with fieryness instead of an ice age! Didn't they have some kind of documentary to go with it too? Funnily enough it got mentioned on last night's ER too...very topical! Ooh so quite a lot then, maybe I should have watched it just for the name spotting potential!

Sis

Comment

Working...
                                X