No announcement yet.

X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a good thing I knew about it or I would not have gotten the last of half of the episode on the DVR because I wanted to check it out as I have seen a little more then 2 dozen X-Files episodes and both movies.

Quick question for those who get the Chiller network: Are they only reairing certain seasons of the X-Files or are the reairing the whole series?

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I finished watching seasons 1-9 (and the movies) all the way through a few months ago (I was never really able to get into the show when it first aired, so before that, I had only watched some random episodes when they aired and the first movie). I enjoyed it overall. I pretty much loved seasons 2-5, but I also liked the other seasons (for the most part), I enjoyed some episodes more than others.

I really liked the first episode of the new season, and I'm looking forward to watching the next one tonight.
      sigpic

Comment

Never watched the show much when it was on the air. Enjoyed last nights episode.
        Spoiler:
        Right now it looks like they're going with a rogue element of the government is actually doing the abducting, creating hybrids, ect, not the aliens. Will be interesting to see where that ends up.
        So the old 1947 doctor won't tell Mulder the whole truth he has to figure it out on his own?

Have to work tonight so I will have to DVR tonight's episode.
        Last edited by Perelandra; 26 January 2016, 10:28 AM.

Comment

KINDLY REMINDER FROM U.K. FANS TO U.S. FANS:

Dear American Fan of The X-Files,

When discussing the new 6 episodes please do so using Spoiler Tags. Here in the U.K. we will be 3 or 4 episodes behind you before Season 10 of The X-Files airs so your help in keeping us unspoiled would be so very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
          British Fans of The X-Files

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
            Did the X-Files start late for anyone else in the US?
            Yes. It was delayed because of football. The after game report aired for nearly half an hour, which delayed the start of X-files.

Comment

Watching the new episode on streaming now. (One of the crafts when Mulder was talking about sightings looked like an Alkesh.)
              Last edited by Morgania; 25 January 2016, 09:48 AM.
              sigpic
              Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Haha I was going to say that too, and also in the photo sequence at the beginning, there was a photo of a person who looked just like an Observer from Fringe, not to mention the typecast Man in Black in the flashbacks who also looked like an Observer.

I like the twist, that's all I'm going to say, don't want to spoil it for those that haven't seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                  KINDLY REMINDER FROM U.K. FANS TO U.S. FANS:

Dear American Fan of The X-Files,

When discussing the new 6 episodes please do so using Spoiler Tags. Here in the U.K. we will be 3 or 4 episodes behind you before Season 10 of The X-Files airs so your help in keeping us unspoiled would be so very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
                  British Fans of The X-Files
                  No offense, man, but if you don't want to get spoiled you really shouldn't be reading this thread.

Comment

Another new episode tonight!

I am one satisfied nerd!

Comment

Since this is a general discussion thread and not an episode thread, we should use spoiler tags if we're going to talk about the new episodes since they haven't aired in other countries yet. I think it's actually part of the board rules that we do so anyway (if it's not, I think it would just be nice if we do, especially since we were asked by another board member). In case anyone doesn't know or has forgotten the tags for spoilers are [spoiler] [ /spoiler] or [spoilers] [ /spoilers] but without the space between the [ and the / . I hope this doesn't sound bossy or anything, I don't mean it to, I'm just trying to be helpful lol.
                      sigpic

Comment

No spoilers...

The X-Files has been getting GREAT ratings!

Sunday's episode got a 6.1 in the key demo (the number most important to advertisers) while Monday's outing received a 3.2 in the demo (with no NFC lead-in).

Very promising numbers all around. The likelihood of another batch of episodes is gaining strength!

Comment

I'm glad it's doing well ratings wise. It would be nice if the series continued past these 6 episodes.
                          sigpic

Comment

Is 3.2 good for Fox? That's only 3x what Syfy get for their stuff, I don't know, but I'd expect Fox executives would want a higher figure for 'network TV'?

Comment

A 3.2 in 18-49 is great for FOX (and every other broadcast network). Network ratings aren't as high as they used to be. I think it's the second highest rated show on FOX right now. Empire is their highest rated ( I think that's the highest rated (in 18-49) scripted show on network tv right now, but I'm not positive).
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                                I'm glad it's doing well ratings wise. It would be nice if the series continued past these 6 episodes.
                                I hope so too and am certain that if these six episodes do well, then we can expect more in the future.
                                Total syffy posts: 36,690
                                (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                                Matthew 5:9

Comment

Working...
                                X