Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The X-Files Will Make You Believe Again With These Spooky New Posters:
    http://uk.eonline.com/news/717118/th...ky-new-posters

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

THE X-FILES | Show & Not Tell: Gillian Anderson:

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Channel 5 Secures UK Rights To ‘The X-Files’ Revival, Eyes 2016 Premiere
        By Patrick Munn | December 10, 2015 - 12:55 pm

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2015/12/shoc...files-revival/

In a surprise move, Channel 5 has sealed a deal with Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution to acquire the exclusive first run UK broadcast rights to Fox’s upcoming six episode The X-Files revival, TVWise has learned. The X-Files event series, referred to internally at Fox as season 10, will premiere on Channel 5 in 2016.

From series creator Chris Carter, The X-Files Revival is envisioned as a follow up to the original nine season series and both feature films. Ten Thirteen Productions and 20th Century Fox Television are producing, with Carter and Glen Morgan serving as executive producers. The duo also serve as writers and directors alongside Darin Morgan and James Wong.

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are reprising their roles as FBI Special Agents Mulder and Scully, while other returning cast members include Mitch Pileggi, William B. Davis, Annabeth Gish, Dean Haglund, Bruce Harwood and Tom Braidwood. Joining the cast for the revival are Robbie Amell, Lauren Ambrose, Joel McHale, Annet Mahendru, Rhys Darby, Aliza Vellani and Kumail Nanjiani.

The closed deal, which includes some 20 episodes of the original series which were hand-picked by Chris Carter, comes after a heated bidding war between Channel 5 and a number of UK broadcasters including Sky1, who as recently as three months ago were tipped as the frontrunner to land the series.

C5 were able to beat their rivals to the punch thanks in large part to the war-chest afforded them by the Viacom acquisition and sources tell TVWise that have paid a premium for the new episodes (sources are pegging the price tag at north of £480K per ep). The agreement with Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution was brokered by Channel 5’s Head of Acquisitions Katie Keenan.

“Securing the UK premiere of the hugely anticipated return of The X-Files is a major coup for the channel and will create one of the television events of 2016,” said Ben Frow, Channel 5’s Director of Programmes. “This acquisition underlines our ambition to deliver a diverse slate of brilliant, must-see programming on Channel 5.”

This marks the latest high-profile deal for Channel 5, who have been heavily investing in acquisitions since the Viacom merger. Just last week they struck a deal with NBCU to acquire the UK rights to Heroes Reborn, which will go out on digi-net 5*; and earlier this week TVWise revealed that there are plans afoot to boost the level of first run US acquisitions on 5USA.

Comment

Holy crap didn't expect that, fully expected SkyOne to get it.

Comment

THE X-FILES | First Look:
            Last edited by Alan; 11 December 2015, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
              Thanks. Oh, I finally stopped thinking of Doggett as Agent T-1000.
              Lol, it took me ages to stop seeing him as the T-1000. I liked how he gave a little nod to that role in the season 8 episode 'Salvage' with a comment Doggett made.

Comment

December 21, 2015 10:00am PT by Marisa Roffman
                'The X-Files' Star Mitch Pileggi Previews Skinner's Return:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...terview-835559

When The X-Files revival launches in January, Mulder (David Duchovny) and Scully (Gillian Anderson) will have a familiar face in their corner: Mitch Pileggi's Skinner.

Skinner — who was the duo's FBI boss for most of the Fox drama's nine seasons — has been a key fixture in the X-Files universe. And for Pileggi, he also has the distinction of being the only person (outside of Anderson and Duchovny) who appeared all nine seasons of the series and both feature films. (And he also appeared in the one-season X-Files spinoff, The Lone Gunmen.)

With the revival around the corner, THR caught up with Pileggi to discuss where the revival finds Skinner, his backstory for what's happened since the original show's finale and more.

What was your thought when you heard The X-Files revival was in the works?

My thought was, "I wonder if they're going to call?" [The X-Files creator Chris Carter] didn't tell me I was in the second movie until halfway through shooting it; they're shooting the movie, and Chris is like, "You're in the movie." And I was like, [Joking] "Oh, really? Thanks for the info."

As you were thinking about returning for the revival, did you have a set number of episodes you wanted to participate in?

I was ready to do whatever they wanted me to do. It's a great character, a great show, and the excitement about it coming back is palpable. It's a huge part of my life. And it's a huge part of my career. I told Chris, "I owe a huge part of my career to you, and to Wes Craven." [Craven wrote/directed the 1989 film, Shocker, which Pileggi starred in.] Those two people are the most instrumental people in any success I've had. So it's very important to me.

Though Skinner was in I Want to Believe, fans didn't really get much insight into what had happened in his life post-series finale. What can you say about where we'll find Skinner in this revival?

He's still in the same office. He's moved his desk.

Skinner was one of the people who helped Mulder escape from prison and avoid a death sentence in the series finale. What impact did that have on his career/life?

That's what it comes down to: the reason he's still an assistant director is because he was hanging out with Spooky for too long. He's probably been…he's probably been ostracized a little bit by the other higher ups in the FBI, because he hasn't advanced.

Why do you think Skinner remains with the FBI if he's been marginalized that way?

Because that's the type of person he is. The dedication, I think he's a very dedicated person at what he does. He's very dedicated to Mulder and Scully, but before that, he was very dedicated to his job in the FBI. He, obviously, has connections with people who have power, because he is still there. And I would assume, he has something to do with the X-Files being reopened. No one else in the FBI is going to [take that step] … what those connections are, I don't know.

Are we getting to see any of Skinner's life outside of work in the revival?

No. All I can say is the first day of shooting, I forgot to take my wedding ring off. So, continuity-wise, he's married. So my story is, he married his secretary [from the original series] — who is my [real-life] wife. [Laughs.]

For a good chunk of the series, Skinner's loyalty was in question. But by the last few years, it seemed clear his loyalty really was to Mulder and Scully. When you signed on for the revival, how much of that blurry loyalty were you hoping would return?

I think he's still the same cat. I don't think he's changed much. Obviously through the last few seasons of the show, he saw things that opened his mind up and gave him realizations as to what Mulder had been doing all this time and what had been transpiring, as they both did — Scully and Skinner.

Them being back in the picture, he has this connection with them, and it's a very important connection; he's attached to them. And he's also telling Mulder, there's **** going on out there, and you need to do something about it. Things, perhaps, I don't know how to do — paths you know how to follow that I don't. And methods you use that I don't. It's just the nature of who Mulder is — Skinner says, "You need to figure this **** out."

How much does Skinner know about Mulder and Scully's romantic split?

He surmises that the situation between the two of them has changed. To what extent, I don't know how close his contact has been with them … the fact is that he is still there for them and always will be.

It seems like the team would be open to continuing on with more X-Files in the future. But since so much is due to scheduling and outside forces, how do you go about saying goodbye to Skinner after each version of his tale comes to an end?

If it continues, I'll always want to do this character. Whether [Carter] wants me to do it or not, or whether he has things for me to do are another thing.

The X-Files revival premieres Jan. 24 on Fox. Are you excited to have Skinner back?

Comment

The X-Files' David Duchovny on His 'Shorthand' With Gillian Anderson, Favorite Revival Episode
                  By Michael Ausiello / December 23 2015, 6:43 AM PST

http://tvline.com/2015/12/23/david-d...evival-mulder/

It’s been 14 years since David Duchovny‘s truth-seeking, pencil-tossing, Scully-crushing FBI Special Agent Fox William “Spooky” Mulder last appeared on the small screen, a drought that will end on Sunday, Jan. 24 with the premiere of Fox’s six-episode revival of The X-Files.

In the following Q&A with TVLine, the 55-year-old actor — and current star of NBC’s Aquarius — reflects on his X-Files past “difficulties” with leading lady Gillian Anderson (yes, we said past), present affection for playing Mulder and the future of the franchise that made him a household name.

TVLINE | How has your perspective on the X-Files franchise changed from when you were first doing the show?
                  The first time around it was one of my first jobs. I was really just trying to keep my head above water artistically. I think me and Gillian coming back at this point in our lives and in our careers… we’re much better at what we do now. It was really wonderful, for both of us, to recreate these characters with better skills. We probably don’t have as much energy as we use to though. [Laughs]

TVLINE | Do you have a better appreciation for what a gift The X-Files has been to you than maybe you did during the initial run of the show?
                  I always had an appreciation for it. It was a career-making show. Aside from my gratitude for whatever business it brought my way, it also afforded me a chance to go to work every day. If I ever did not have an appreciation for the show it was probably [during the final seasons] when I think we were just tired, and antsy to go out and do other things. I’m sure there were times when I was dying to get off the show, but it wasn’t because of the show. It was because it was a grind.

TVLINE | And how has your relationship with Gillian changed?
                  We’ve been good for quite a while work-wise. Whatever difficulties we may have had over the years [stemmed from] what I said earlier about wanting to get off the show… the fatigue and a hot-house feeling of being in the same room with the same people for nine years. We’re good now. We have a shorthand and I really enjoy working with her a lot. That was probably the easiest part of transitioning back into the show was our work together.

TVLINE | You wrote and directed a fair number of X-Files episodes back in the day. Did you have any creative input this time around?
                  No. When we were originally talking about [a possible revival] we were conceiving of it as 12 or 13 episodes, because that was the [traditional] model. And in that [scenario] I thought I would write one or direct one. But the way it worked out with six episodes, there just wasn’t any room.

TVLINE | Of the six new episodes, do you have a personal favorite?
                  For me in terms of being an actor, Darin [Morgan]’s scripts — which were funny and whimsical yet very smart and rigorous — were always challenging and fun. And it’s the same this time with [the Morgan written/directed “Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster,” airing Feb. 1]. Chris [Carter] really took care of the scope and the action, [but] action’s less interesting for me to play as an actor. You’ve got to be there at night, basically. And you’ve got to run to something or from something. [Laughs] That’s not a knock on Chris’ writing. But Darin’s episodes were always very verbally, often comically driven and thematically twisted. And it’s the same this time.

TVLINE | Could an X-Files miniseries like this become an annual thing?
                  I don’t see why not. But we don’t want to just make more episodes because we can. I’m not interested in that. And I don’t think Chris is interested in that. If Chris is re-inspired to start thinking about where to take the show and the characters next I’m sure we’d all listen.

Comment

I can't wait for the revival series to air!

Hopefully it does well enough ratings-wise to make this an annual event.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
                      I can't wait for the revival series to air!

Hopefully it does well enough ratings-wise to make this an annual event.
                      I want more beyond these six episodes too, but I think it all depends on David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson's schedules because their busy with other things. If they can fit it in (assuming that both Mulder and Scully survive at the end of Season 10 of course) I'm sure they'll take part.

MERRY XMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!

Comment

THE X-FILES | Re-Opened
                        28th December 2015

The truth is out there… and we’ve got the inside story on the thrilling return of The X-Files. Go behind the scenes with Chris Carter, David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson and all the key players as they reveal secrets from the set and take you on the epic journey of bringing this classic series back to Fox.

Comment

Thanks for posting this ^, Alan!

They show A TON of stuff in that featurette. . . including some pretty spoiler-ish footage. I think that this shows our first official glimpses of some returning characters.

I was already excited to see the revival; now my anticipation level has doubled.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
                            Thanks for posting this ^, Alan!

They show A TON of stuff in that featurette. . . including some pretty spoiler-ish footage. I think that this shows our first official glimpses of some returning characters.

I was already excited to see the revival; now my anticipation level has doubled.
                            You're very welcome!

Comment

The X-Files: David Duchovny reveals cult sci-fi series could run for an extended run
                              THE X-FILES makes its long-awaited return in the New Year for a six-episode comeback, which will no doubt leave fans desperate for more. And David Duchovny has now revealed that followers of the classic sci-fi horror may see their wishes come true.
                              By Adam Miller
                              PUBLISHED: 17:40, Thu, Dec 31, 2015 | UPDATED: 17:48, Thu, Dec 31, 2015

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-...nderson-Scully

David reunites with his partner in crime Gillian Anderson as FBI agents Mulder and Scully next month after years of speculation surrounding the series’ revival.

Opening up on the show to TV Line, the 55-year-old was put on the spot when he was asked if The X-Files could become a semi-annual event.

"I don't see why not," he responded. "But we don't want to just make more episodes because we can. I'm not interested in that.

"And I don't think [writer Chris Carter] is interested in that. If Chris is re-inspired to start thinking about where to take the show and the characters next I'm sure we'd all listen."

The actor also spilled all on being reunited with his long-term co-star Gillian, with whom he family endured a turbulent working relationship throughout the series’ original run through the 90s.

"We've been good for quite a while work-wise," he said. "Whatever difficulties we may have had over the years [stemmed from] what I said earlier about wanting to get off the show… the fatigue and a hot-house feeling of being in the same room with the same people for nine years.

"We're good now. We have a shorthand and I really enjoy working with her a lot. That was probably the easiest part of transitioning back into the show was our work together."

A major spoiler about the state of Mulder and Scully’s relationship was revealed by show runner Chris Carter earlier this week.

In a 21-minute behind-the-scenes clip, fans discovered that their previous romance is well and truly over.

The duo were previously seen as a couple and it was suggested that they had a child together, but the relationship ended at some point between 2008's film and the first episode of the new season.

"Through the course of the show, when it ran for over 200 episodes, the characters grew," creator Chris said in the video.

"Mulder and Scully for nine years had a platonic relationship. Even though we suggest that they had a child together, we never saw them as a couple until the second movie.

"When we come back to them in the new series, we will have been honest to their relationship previously, but we now find them in another state.

"Seven or eight years have elapsed. Time has been difficult for the relationship. We will investigate what's happened in that time."

The clip also revealed that their son, William, is now a teenager.

The X-Files returns on Sunday, January 24 on Fox in the US. UK broadcast details are yet to be confirmed.

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR
                                X
                                -PHILES!!!!!
                                Here's to reuniting with Mulder and Scully for the new 10th series of The X-Files!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X