Jericho Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    With everything they went through in the second season, can you really blame them for abandoning their alien side?
    Not really, but could you live with yourself knowing that your home, your real home, is suffering, and only you could possibly fix it?

Plus, what is going to happen when they start having little quarter-alien babies...Lol.

My point is, they have a duty to go back. They may have lives on Earth but they have a history with their planet. Even if they are just clones with virtually no memory of their previous "lives", they still have a past.

(Anyway, we should probably take this somewhere else, I didn't mean to hijack your Jericho thread )
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
      Not really, but could you live with yourself knowing that your home, your real home, is suffering, and only you could possibly fix it?
      During the first two seasons, they considered Antar home. In the third season, they called Earth home. The more they reached out to Antar, the more death and despair came their way. It just wasn't worth it. It all depends on what you call home. If they call Earth home, why should they care what goes down on Antar?

My point is, they have a duty to go back. They may have lives on Earth but they have a history with their planet. Even if they are just clones with virtually no memory of their previous "lives", they still have a past.
      They are aliens cloned, mixed with human DNA, and altered to look human. They barely remember anything at all about their lives on Antar. When they tried to embrace their alien side, it brought great danger upon them culminating in the death of Alex. Once Tess flew off in the Granolith, that was the last straw. Why do they have a duty? They grew up as humans, they've lived their whole lives on Earth. Zan and the rest are long dead. Max, Micahel, and Isabel have embraced their humanity. The clone-resurrection program, whatever you want to call it, failed. Tess was the only one who truly embraced her alien origins.

(Anyway, we should probably take this somewhere else, I didn't mean to hijack your Jericho thread )
      Eh, it happens. So... think you'll give the show a go?

Comment

Fair enough. I have considered watching it but idk if I would ever want to really own it.

I hated the end of Roswell...It felt like such a cop out, because although it wraps up a story on Earth it never finishes the much bigger issue...
        I totally agree with that.

Comment

Apparently, Netflix has approached CBS about resurrecting Jericho.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Also, apparently the show has lived on in comic-forum ala Buffy Season 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
              Has anyone seen Jericho? I bought it from Amazon.com the other day. I watched the series once back before my local Blockbuster closed. The series was fantastic, I found myself renting two discs at a time. haha
              Managed to catch this on netflix, a couple of years ago and loved it! I bought seasons 1 and 2 on dvd, and was bummed that the show did not go on. I loved the idea of the world seemingly coming to an end as people know it, and they have to survive afterward. I thought the cast did a great job. They did continue it officially in comic form, but that the comic can be a little hard to come by, but there was talk of continuing it further in comics.

Comment

It's not the same as watching the actors, seeing the sets...

Comment

Very true and I wish for that more than a comic. But at this point I'll take what I can get.

Comment

Currently doing a rewatch of it via blockbuster by mail myself. Other than buying it from amazon, have not seen anywhere else to rent it.. Was real shocked when i first heard it was cancelled as i was stationed oversees and saw it on one of the AFN channels... then when i got stateside i was stoked when i heard fans ranted enough caused the makers to kick up a 2nd season, though it got canned again after 10 eps...
                    Really wish they would restart it from where they left off.

Comment

Seven episodes. The second season was very short, comparable in to a miniseries in runtime. However, it did provide lots of answers and served to resolve the show's main storyline. I liked the open-ended nature of the final episode. Did you get to finish the show, or will this be your first time?

Comment

When i first got to see it on AFN, i was able to catch all the first season (barr 1 episode that i was on watch when it aired), and iirc 3 of the 2nd season eps.

Comment

If you missed the final episodes, wow... you're in for a treat. So much happened in the second season's mere seven episodes. Heck, so much happened in each episode! You should drop by when you finish the show and let us know what you think of how it ended. If you're watching via DVD, there's an alternate ending that was to be used if the show had been renewed.

Comment

Hope that alternate ending is on the last DVD.. And i hope blockbuster sends me all the disks in order!!! (so far been through disks one and 2 of season 1).. Getting only 2 disks a time, and having to wait 2-3 days to get them delivered, then 3 days or so for returning them sucks...

Comment

Here's a breakdown of how you will be seeing the show...

Season 1
                              Disc 1: 4 Episodes
                              Disc 2: 4 Episodes
                              Disc 3: 4 Episodes
                              Disc 4: 4 Episodes
                              Disc 5: 4 Episodes
                              Disc 6: 2 Episodes + Special Features

Season 2
                              Disc 1: 4 Episodes
                              Disc 2: 3 Episodes + Special Features (including alternate ending)

Comment

YAY..

Now if i can just get blockbuster to get their act in gear it will be set. They just sent out S1d3 and S2d1...

Comment

Working...
                                X