Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    i can't see it doing theatrical. way too expensive and not enough profit
    It will probably head to DVD & then they will get most of its budget back by selling the movie to channels

Comment

"Jericho" Movie May Actually Happen

http://www.tvfodder.com/archives/200..._movie_m.shtml

Comment

Jericho - Visual Effects Society 7th Annual Awards Nominations:

At the Visual Effects Society site:

(Please follow the link for the complete list of nominees.)

Los Angeles, January 19, 2009 - The Visual Effects Society (VES) today
        announced the nominees for the 7th Annual VES Awards ceremony
        recognizing outstanding visual effects in over a dozen categories of
        film, animation, television, commercials and video games. Nominees
        were chosen Saturday, January 17, 2009, by numerous panels of VES
        members who viewed submissions at the FotoKem screening facilities in
        Burbank.

The Visual Effects Society Seventh Annual Awards will be held February
        21, 2009, at:

Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel

Los Angeles, CA

Outstanding Visual Effects in a Broadcast Miniseries, Movie or Special

DOCTOR WHO - THE NEXT DOCTOR - Cyber King
        Dave Houghton, Marie Jones, Matt McKinney, Murray Barber

GENERATION KILL - Episode 2
        Adam McInnes, Anthony Bluff, Stephane Paris, David Sewell

JOHN ADAMS - Join or Die
        Steve Kullback, Erik Henry, Robert Stromberg, Jeff Goldman

KNIGHT RIDER - Prometheus
        Sam Nicholson, Scott Ramsey, Chris Martin, Mike Enriquez

Outstanding Visual Effects in a Broadcast Series

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA SEASON FOUR - BSG Space Battle
        Gary Hutzel, Michael Gibson, Doug Drexler, Kyle Toucher

SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES - Episode 108
        James Lima, Raoul Bolognini, Andrew Orloff, Steve Meyer

GHOST WHISPERER - Ghost in the Machine
        Armen Kevorkian, Arthur J. Codron, Matt Scharf, Stefan Brederock

HEROES - The Second Coming
        Eric Grenaudier, Mark Spatny, Diego Galtieri, Michael Cook

Outstanding Supporting Visual Effects in a Broadcast Program

FRINGE - Episode 101 - Pilot
        Kevin Blank, Jay Worth, Andrew Orloff, Barbara Genicoff

JERICHO - Episode 7 - Patriots and Tyrants

Andrew Orloff, Blyth Dalton, Chris Jones, MIchael Cliett

LIFE - Frozen Solid
        Max Ivins, Jenny Foster, Danny Kim, Shawn Lipowski

PUSHING DAISIES - The Legend of Merle McQuoddy
        William Powloski, Elizabeth Castro, Melanie Tucker, Eric Chauvin

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

http://www.scifistream.com/2009/03/1...e-development/

Dan Shotz, co-executive producer of CBS' canceled post-apocalyptic drama Jericho, told SCI FI Wire that he and his fellow writer/producers are indeed serious about developing a feature film based on the cult show.

"It's not just wishful thinking," Shotz said in an exclusive interview Tuesday at CBS Studios in Studio City, Calif., where he screened the pilot of his new series, Harper's Island. He added: "We've ... been developing a feature to hopefully make, because we would love to. I mean, ... Jericho is so built in a way, ... especially where we left off season two, to create a feature. So our hope is to launch this comic-book series and then with the development at the same time of the feature, hopefully get that launched as well."

https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I miss this show.
            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

i started a Jericho re-watch today and i'll admit i miss this show

i've watch the first 4 eps

damn you cbs
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Has anyone seen Jericho? I bought it from Amazon.com the other day. I watched the series once back before my local Blockbuster closed. The series was fantastic, I found myself renting two discs at a time. haha

Comment

I've been thinking of trying it but I have been wary of shows that get cancelled too quickly after Surface...
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, you'd be surprised how many shows were cancelled despite seeming to come to a conclusion. Firefly was cancelled after 15 episodes, but it was wrapped up with the movie Serenity. Roswell was cancelled after three seasons, but the final seven episodes give the show some sense of conclusion despite the open-ended finale. Both SG-1 and Atlantis were cancelled. SG-1 got a series finale and two movies to wrap up loose ends. The Atlantis finale serves to end Atlantis being in jeopardy, though it leaves the Wraith at large. What about Star Trek: Enterprise? Cancelled, but the final three episodes give the show a decent ending. Point is, sometimes a cancelled show is cancelled while in production, giving the producers time to end the show. Usually, this results in a rushed ending, but I'll take that over nothing.

The only shows I like that end completely and totally unresolved are Surface and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The shows were entertaining well enough, so I can tolerate the cliffhanger finales.

Jericho was cancelled by CBS after one season, ending on a cliffhanger. Due to audience outrage (not just fans, EVERYONE), the show was brought back for a seven-episode second season. It was cancelled once more, but this time... there was a sense of conclusion. A larger story unfolds, but the series concludes.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                      Well, you'd be surprised how many shows were cancelled despite seeming to come to a conclusion. Firefly was cancelled after 15 episodes, but it was wrapped up with the movie Serenity. Roswell was cancelled after three seasons, but the final seven episodes give the show some sense of conclusion despite the open-ended finale. Both SG-1 and Atlantis were cancelled. SG-1 got a series finale and two movies to wrap up loose ends. The Atlantis finale serves to end Atlantis being in jeopardy, though it leaves the Wraith at large. What about Star Trek: Enterprise? Cancelled, but the final three episodes give the show a decent ending. Point is, sometimes a cancelled show is cancelled while in production, giving the producers time to end the show. Usually, this results in a rushed ending, but I'll take that over nothing.

The only shows I like that end completely and totally unresolved are Surface and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The shows were entertaining well enough, so I can tolerate the cliffhanger finales.

Jericho was cancelled by CBS after one season, ending on a cliffhanger. Due to audience outrage (not just fans, EVERYONE), the show was brought back for a seven-episode second season. It was cancelled once more, but this time... there was a sense of conclusion. A larger story unfolds, but the series concludes.
                      Fair enough. I have considered watching it but idk if I would ever want to really own it.

I hated the end of Roswell...It felt like such a cop out, because although it wraps up a story on Earth it never finishes the much bigger issue...
                      sigpic

Comment

Just in case anyone's interested but there used to be a Jericho thread here.

Perhaps someone might dig it out.
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

The whole isolated and starting things over concept has really interested me lately. I liked the show a lot so much that I started a Jericho Wiki.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                            Fair enough. I have considered watching it but idk if I would ever want to really own it.
                            Who says you have to own it? Rent or Netflix it.

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                            I hated the end of Roswell...It felt like such a cop out, because although it wraps up a story on Earth it never finishes the much bigger issue...
                            The show was never really going to be about Antar. That only became a big plot in the second season, because the network wanted the show to move away from relationships towards science-fiction. When the show left the WB for UPN for it's third and ultimately final season, it became a blending of what the first two seasons were. Remember, after Tess left for Antar with the Granolith; Max, Micahel, and Isabel said goodbye to their past alien lives and fully embraced their humanity. From then on, it was all about their future on Earth. The only nagging Antar plot line was the fate of Tess and her baby.

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                            Just in case anyone's interested but there used to be a Jericho thread here. Perhaps someone might dig it out.
                            I don't post in old threads. I don't know why they don't get deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post

The show was never really going to be about Antar. That only became a big plot in the second season, because the network wanted the show to move away from relationships towards science-fiction. When the show left the WB for UPN for it's third and ultimately final season, it became a blending of what the first two seasons were. Remember, after Tess left for Antar with the Granolith; Max, Micahel, and Isabel said goodbye to their past alien lives and fully embraced their humanity. From then on, it was all about their future on Earth. The only nagging Antar plot line was the fate of Tess and her baby.

Oh I know. But part of the reason I got so interested was to see what would ever come about as a result of the Antar issue. Despite what the 3 of them wanted later, they were SUPPOSED to go home. That was their whole purpose for being hidden on Earth: to be trained in safety so they could come back and free their people. They still technically had the Royal Four with Ava, Tess' copy, and there is a theory going around that Ava was supposed to be the one that "our" Max ended up with, not Tess (think about the personalities of the Roswell Trio and Ava versus the personalities of the New York Trio + Tess...). So they still could have gone back.

Yes, the show had a conclusion, but it wasn't, at least in my opinion, what was supposed to happen.
                              sigpic

Comment

With everything they went through in the second season, can you really blame them for abandoning their alien side?

Comment

Working...
                                X