Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My rant really isn't contained to just Scifi. Has anyone noticed that they run the same freakin commercials during the show at every commercial break? Scifi is really terrible doing it as is TLC. Is this the new trend, irritate your audience as much as possible? I know they want to promote shows but at least mix it up.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
      My rant really isn't contained to just Scifi. Has anyone noticed that they run the same freakin commercials during the show at every commercial break? Scifi is really terrible doing it as is TLC. Is this the new trend, irritate your audience as much as possible? I know they want to promote shows but at least mix it up.

Scifi has always done this...its common on orginal cable networks. It is esp annoying now with the wealth of ****ty shows on the network....I hate the ecw commericals most of all....I have started to hold the mute button during commericals on friday nights.

I miss Sliders....it used to be on every morning before my classes.

I also miss Mystery Science Theater, and the Dune mini series.

As was also said movies like the last starfighter need to be shown more often as well.

I think we should campaign scifi not just for the continuation of Sg-1 but the return of the scifi shows on our network. Orignal movies are crap and should be replaced by quality movies from the past.

Seriously when was the last time was Dune shown on Scifi.

Comment

they shouldve just continued Farscape, pick up Firefly, and get rid of all the stupid movies like SS Doomtrooper.... i think i actually yelled in anger before laughing at its stupidity.... and i find Who Wants To Be A Superhero really funny.... i mean, who would take it as serious as Feedback? its just funny to see him get emotional and start crying...

Comment

Originally posted by Xornok
          they shouldve just continued Farscape, pick up Firefly, and get rid of all the stupid movies like SS Doomtrooper.... i think i actually yelled in anger before laughing at its stupidity.... and i find Who Wants To Be A Superhero really funny.... i mean, who would take it as serious as Feedback? its just funny to see him get emotional and start crying...

Sorry but that show is not funny, its lame and makes me want to puke. Any show with characters like FAT MOMMA, have serious problems and while its meant to be light hearted, it just shows how stupid Scifi thinks its viewers are.

ECW fans are some of the most ignorant people I have ever met, it just shows that Scifi is looking to change its format to appeal to a wider audience.

Too bad that wider audience will take away all the reasons that scifi even started as a cable network to begin with.

Farscape is not even aired on scifi anymore.....WHAT THE HELL!

Comment

Scifi is really going downhill, but I don't think it is just Scifi but TV in general. As for Scifi the only good shows it has are the Stargates, Battlestar Galatica, and I guess ghosthunters is ok. Scifi should have stopped doing their original movies and air reruns of older shows especially Farscape.

Also with other channels especially the network channels don't have anything good. If they actually get a good show they seem incompetent at airing it correctly and promoting it. Also, why is it that TV seems to always make new shows instead of renewing others. It seems like every fall they promote these new shows that get canceled very quickly. Reality shows are the worst, but most of the shows on TV are almost as bad as well.
            sigpic

Comment

The originals are always s***-f***ing craptacular, but memorable of their awfulness. But this wrestling stuff is starting to give me a twitch.
              Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
              The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
              I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
              A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
              That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
              Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
              Caboose: They could be worse?
              Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
                The originals are always s***-f***ing craptacular, but memorable of their awfulness. But this wrestling stuff is starting to give me a twitch.
                (guffaw)

The originals are so bad that I honestly think they could run "Army of Darkness" as their only movie, ever, in any movie-slated slot, all week, and they would improve the overall quality of the channel. Sci-Fi Saturday is Just That Bad.
                Frak! --Apollo
                Frak you. --Cain
                FRAK Me! --Kat
                frakwit! --Tyrol
                B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus-304
                  Scifi is really going downhill, but I don't think it is just Scifi but TV in general. As for Scifi the only good shows it has are the Stargates, Battlestar Galatica, and I guess ghosthunters is ok. Scifi should have stopped doing their original movies and air reruns of older shows especially Farscape.

Also with other channels especially the network channels don't have anything good. If they actually get a good show they seem incompetent at airing it correctly and promoting it. Also, why is it that TV seems to always make new shows instead of renewing others. It seems like every fall they promote these new shows that get canceled very quickly. Reality shows are the worst, but most of the shows on TV are almost as bad as well.

I agree, all the good shows you can own on DVD so there is no point of watching televsion these days....the new shows are worse every year...only occasionally is there ever a really good show.

Comment

The only good channels left, are The Science Channel, History Channel, History International, Military Channel, and National Geographic Channel.... (I get digital cable).

The only things I watch on regular cable is StarGate-SG1 and StarGate Atlantis. Sadly they're on a channel that went from being all about Imagination to complete Retardation.
                    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

They're doing the same crap a lot of stations are doing, and the thing is, I don't know why. You know they had to have spent a bundle to get wrestling on there, but who wants to watch that (if I did, I'd be watching Spike)? Then they're spending the bare minimum on their "original" programming (namely the movies) and going with crappy reality TV, which always costs next to nothing.

This happened to TechTV too (now it's the unwatchable Spike 2...errr...I mean G4). Truly a sad thing to watch...

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                        The only good channels left, are The Science Channel, History Channel, History International, Military Channel, and National Geographic Channel.... (I get digital cable).

The only things I watch on regular cable is StarGate-SG1 and StarGate Atlantis. Sadly they're on a channel that went from being all about Imagination to complete Retardation.
                        Yes, you are right about that as well. I used to Discovery Channel all the time years ago, but they had to ruin it with the bike-building shows and other shows like it. I also watched TLC, but now that channel is one of the worst on right now, so many house remodeling and making fun of what people wear, which is just mean.

I can't believe that with digital cable and the hundreds of channels that they have that they are hardly anything watchable.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                          Head On, apply directly to forehead.
                          Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                          Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                          -Audioslave

Comment

So, I'd just about resigned myself to no more Stargate Monday Nights, becaue I had Dark Angel to help ward off the cold-turkey withdrawal tremors, but I just turned on the TV and found wrestling on Monday night on SciFi...

AAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKK........

You know that catchphrase they use? What If? What if everyone just stopped watching NBC's shows. They're already in trouble. Something like that could kill them...

ladyjanus

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
                              You know what I miss? Mystery Science Theater! They used to show it all the time then it was just Saturday morning and I woke up early just to watch it. Then one week it was just off the air all together and I think one of their horrible movies was on... minus the mocking.
                              OMG, I thought I was the only one who got up at 5:00 a.m. to watch MST. *LOL*

There are very few TV shows I watch during the week. The only shows I will never miss are: "24", "House", "Lost", "CSI (Las Vegas), and Friday is the ONLY night where ALL of my famiily used to sit together for three straight hours. Now it is just sitting down for two hours because none of us wants to see that dreadful "Night Stalker" remake show.

As for the SciFi movies, I've heard they are cheap to make and SciFi makes an easy profit, but in my house not even the teenagers will watch any of those films.

My husband doesn't care for Eureka because it is too much fluff for him. He wants a more serious show, and the teens watch off and on. I find it fun, but I'm not going to go out of my way to watch Eureka like we all do for SG1, SGA and BSG.

As for the "new" series - I've heard of "Dresden Files" which doesn't sound interesting to me - wizards and magic are being done to death and I'm bored with it. "Painkiller Jane" is based on a SciFi Original movie. Not gonna touch it with a spork. As for wrestling on Skiffy. Don't get me started - I'm out of blood pressure meds.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                                OMG, I thought I was the only one who got up at 5:00 a.m. to watch MST. *LOL*
                                Oh yeah, I even slept on the couch sometimes...
                                Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                                RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Working...
                                X