No announcement yet.

"Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Test was a bit weird. But still very watchable.
    sigpic

Comment

Through a Glass, Darkly was pretty good. Great to see Hohne again.

Pride Before the Fall was quite cool too. Poor Beka...
      sigpic

Comment

I just have to say that I'm really enjoying the fifth season. It's much better than the 4th, with fewer of the embarrassing "Hunt as Kirk" episodes and a lovely story arc.
        sigpic

Comment

I love the music in season 4 and 5. I just wish they had made another soundtrack album.....

And I think the "route of ages" is cool but I swear I've seen that same idea used somewhere before..
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            I love the music in season 4 and 5.
            I love the arkology(?) music with the beautiful vocals, toward (at?) the end of season four.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              I love the music in season 4 and 5. I just wish they had made another soundtrack album.....

And I think the "route of ages" is cool but I swear I've seen that same idea used somewhere before..
              The music's great in season 4 and 5, but I've liked the music all along... To be honest, I still don't understand all the flak season 5 is getting...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                To be honest, I still don't understand all the flak season 5 is getting...
                Season four adequately completed the story, the journey, of Hunt and his pals. Season five draws complaints because it's a jarringly out-of-place, low-budget appendage tacked onto the body of the completed story. At least, that's my impression of why it's disliked. I enjoyed season five well enough not to abandon it, when I watched it for the first time, but I've not been able to stomach attempted re-watches.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation, even if I fundamentally disagree with you. Loved learning more about Hunt's background and Beka, for example.
                  sigpic

Comment

One thing that did annoy me was what they did to the Maru. Harper must have had a lot of free time to modify it so it can split in two
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I loved the nose shuttle, Harper modified the ship just before Waking the Tyrant's Device (4.03), where the modification was first seen. There's no indication how long the modifications took. We only see the exciting bits, not the months of boring space travel in between. Harper could have stayed for months in the Maru modifying it, while it was safe in Andromeda's hold.
                      sigpic

Comment

Moonlight Becomes You was interesting, quirky and a bit weird, Andromeda at its best. This ep had some great one-liners too. The antagonism between Beka and Rhade was fun to watch. Hey, who am I kidding, Rhade is always fun to watch.
                        sigpic

Comment

The only thing in season 5 that didn't make sense to me was the Beka Mother Nitecthean thing and I know I didn't spell that right that ep and what happened afterword with that storyline did not make any sense to me
                          sigpic
                          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Beka was the female progenitor of Nietzscheans, because Peter/Drago Museveni traveled forwards in time using the Route of Ages (appropriate name) and took some of her DNA without her consent. He traveled back to his own time more than 300 years in the past and used Beka's and his own DNA to breed the first generation of Nietzscheans, presumably using some sort of host mothers for the embryos.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                              Beka was the female progenitor of Nietzscheans, because Peter/Drago Museveni traveled forwards in time using the Route of Ages (appropriate name) and took some of her DNA without her consent. He traveled back to his own time more than 300 years in the past and used Beka's and his own DNA to breed the first generation of Nietzscheans, presumably using some sort of host mothers for the embryos.
                              that whole storyline just was too out there for me and who they had play him just didn't work for me
                              sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Well, we have to disagree on that one, I guess. I loved the storyline, even if I didn't like the actor much either. That said, not all Nietzscheans are bulky like the Rhades and Tyr Anasazi, Charlemagne Bolivar (played by James Marsters) was relatively skinny.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X