"Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    I did read that the original idea, or one of them for Andromeda was that it was to be set after the collapse of the Star Trek federation.. But the people at the network hated the idea and thought it would hurt the franchise.
    Originally posted by maneth View Post
    I've read the same thing, but don't know if it's true or not...
    True or not, the people who opposed the idea were the ones who triumphed. A lot of ideas come and go during a show's development.

Comment

And now that I have read it I really would love to see a Trek series or movie set in a post federation world
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I may have asked this before, not sure but why did they replace English writing in the show with funny writing? And on that sometimes they do use normal writing like when they have a timer going, or when they met the Belerophon, but why the change ?

Comment

No idea, but I suspect it may be the Vedrans and the first Commonwealth. Humanity wasn't the dominant species to begin with. Besides, they aren't speaking English, but what they call Common.
          sigpic

Comment

No idea, but I suspect it may be the Vedrans and the first Commonwealth. Humanity wasn't the dominant species to begin with. Besides, they aren't speaking English, but what they call Common.
            Hmmm I guess. It's just we the viewer that hear English...

I am up to the dreaded Season 4..... nervous

Comment

Yikes... You've been quick!
              sigpic

Comment

Yikes... You've been quick!
                Not much to do here at the moment so I put on one disk every 2nd day.

Comment

We watch about 4 episodes per week on average.
                  sigpic

Comment

I finally got the series and I have watched the first 5 eps.

It's weird, come to think of it. Take two geeky geniuses who haven't had much luck with the ladies, and who keep whining about that as well as nearly everything else when things go wrong around them, which happens a lot. Yet Harper makes me want to give him a hug, whereas I always want to strangle McKay whenever he shows up on Atlantis.
                    I thought about this post when I started watching I think the difference is McKay is very arrogant and from what I can see so far Harper is not he can be a little cocky but he is very witty and funny is not annoying like McKay.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                    I think even Rommy thought he wanted to bonk her. I remember an awkward scene in one of the early episodes on the first disk.... Then he said something about keeping it professional.......

Imagine the irony of being able to bonk your ship?
                    Or artificial lifeforms in general. But Dylan and Rommie do have a special relationship, and she's not just a robot.
                    I noticed this too in the eps I saw I don't know why the writers went in that direction why was the ship a love interest for the lead character makes no sense to me.

What were the relationships that fans were the most into when the show was on? I just want to know what I should look for I like to ship usually
                    Last edited by poundpuppy29; 20 March 2013, 02:18 PM.
                    sigpic
                    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Actually I would have liked to have seen a Harper Rommy ship

Comment

Me too. I think they get one hug...

To be honest there isn't much to ship on Andromeda, since all relationships seem to be short term.
                        sigpic

Comment

good to know
                          sigpic
                          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Me too. I think they get one hug...

To be honest there isn't much to ship on Andromeda, since all relationships seem to be short term.
                            That's fine. Maybe a one nighter with Rommy would be fun, or even Trance

Comment

no means no, and so does pepper spray
                              Sig by The Carpenter
                              sigpic

Comment

I ended up choosing Trance

Comment

Working...
                                X