"Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
    I liked the story behind Andromeda, the fall of the commonwealth etc.. but there was just something about the show that seemed a little haphazard and unpolished.

Can't quite put my finger on it but it feels like a great concept, as one would expect from Gene Roddenberry, that they couldn't quite get 100% right without him being involved.

I enjoyed it nonetheless.
    Well the rumour has always been that it started as a Star Trek concept....the Federation is betrayed for some logical reason by the Vulcans (Nietzcheans) and in the climactic battle a Federation starship becomes trapped in the time dilation of a black hole. When said Federation ship emerges, the Federation is a distant memory, the Vulcans are a galactic power, and the Klingons (Magog) are a galactic terror as ruthless savages. Lone survivng ship sets about rebuilding the Federation.

It's kind of a neat idea, but 'twas not to be. I'm still interested in seeing how it plays out though.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Hm not sure I buy that personally but an interesting theory.

I found the Nietzcheans quite interesting, they would have been an admirable race had they any sense of loyalty.

Comment

The complete series is on my amazon wish list when I get a few hundred dollars I will get it I just hope I won't be disappointed . I want the slip stream edition from what I have read about the DVDs single sided slim packs
        sigpic
        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          It's on the to-watch list at some point, I'm sure I'll find out D:
          Oh I'm sorry
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            Oh I'm sorry
            Not to worry. I know the jist of it, just not the details
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Not to worry. I know the jist of it, just not the details
              I enjoyed all the other season thoroughly Just not the last season
              sigpic

Comment

Sounds like Earth Final Conflict....the other posthumous Gene Roddenberry series

Comment

What is it with Gene Roddenberry thought shows and last seasons
                  sigpic

Comment

What is it with Gene Roddenberry thought shows and last seasons
                    Its not Gene Roddenberry's fault. Him came up with the idea. He is not the one who actually wrote the story
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Its not Gene Roddenberry's fault. Him came up with the idea. He is not the one who actually wrote the story

Kind of sad though that so many of the posthumous Gene Roddenberry series or Roddenberry-inspired series have kind of reflected poorly on his legacy.

At least there's DS9, though

Comment

Kind of sad though that so many of the posthumous Gene Roddenberry series or Roddenberry-inspired series have kind of reflected poorly on his legacy.

At least there's DS9, though
                        It memory serves Roddenberry wasn't really involved with DS9
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

It memory serves Roddenberry wasn't really involved with DS9
                          That's what I meant by Roddenberry-inspired.

Comment

I know, it's a pity he wasn't around any longer to keep an eye on things.
                            sigpic

Comment

I know, it's a pity he wasn't around any longer to keep an eye on things.
                              I think we would have missed the best of DS9 with Gene at the helm, I doubt it would have been as war-torn - which was the best part in my opinion.

Comment

Well, at least he gave us TOS and TNG. Those are monumental contributions on their own

Coming back on topic, the season 3 box art has been released!

Spoiler:

Source

Comment

Working...
                                X