No announcement yet.

"Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what i read in the thread posted above is this a hero saves the day with fight scene thrown in a 60 second morale at the end kind of show?

Comment

not alot of info on the web.

Comment

Does anyone here have the Remastered DVDs ?

Comment

are those with extras and what not?

Comment

Andromeda fans....looks like you, like us EFC folk, are in luck! Andromeda is making its way back to DVD (Canadian releases) for pretty darn cheap.

Season 1 is already available -- listed for $19.99 at Amazon

Season 2 is available for pre-order on Amazon for $22.49, for release on Aug 10

Season 3 has been announced for a Sept 14 release, and is currently up for Amazon pre-order for $17.99

No announcements have been made as yet for the re-release of its last two years, but judging from Alliance's punctual release dates for both this and EFC, it seems likely they'll be out in mid-October and mid-November
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Darn you Canada! Its been ages since I watched Andromeda I hardly remember it, I was in my early teens when I watched it and remembered liking it. Hopefully the US will get a rerelease.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                Darn you Canada! Its been ages since I watched Andromeda I hardly remember it, I was in my early teens when I watched it and remembered liking it. Hopefully the US will get a rerelease.
                Could just import them...it'd still probably be cheaper than the current releases
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Could just import them...it'd still probably be cheaper than the current releases
                  Definitely!

Comment

it was a decent sci fi show, not great but decent. Except for the last season where apart from a few good episodes they seemed to have gone all low budget and it showed in the setting...
                    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Andromeda fans....looks like you, like us EFC folk, are in luck! Andromeda is making its way back to DVD (Canadian releases) for pretty darn cheap.

Season 1 is already available -- listed for $19.99 at Amazon

Season 2 is available for pre-order on Amazon for $22.49, for release on Aug 10

Season 3 has been announced for a Sept 14 release, and is currently up for Amazon pre-order for $17.99

No announcements have been made as yet for the re-release of its last two years, but judging from Alliance's punctual release dates for both this and EFC, it seems likely they'll be out in mid-October and mid-November
                      And in following up on this, season 4 has been announced for an Oct 19 release date

Comment

And are we still pretending the last season didn't happen?
                        sigpic

Comment

I've actually only ever seen the first season of Andromeda, so I know not of what you speak lady Linda

Comment

I've actually only ever seen the first season of Andromeda, so I know not of what you speak lady Linda
                            Lucky you Brother Digi
                            sigpic

Comment

It's on the to-watch list at some point, I'm sure I'll find out D:

Comment

I liked the story behind Andromeda, the fall of the commonwealth etc.. but there was just something about the show that seemed a little haphazard and unpolished.

Can't quite put my finger on it but it feels like a great concept, as one would expect from Gene Roddenberry, that they couldn't quite get 100% right without him being involved.

I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                                X