No announcement yet.

"Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first, I never gave Andromeda the time of day, but after catching the end of one episode in the second season, I watched it every week. It was a damn good show, but I agree, the last season was pretty bad. The first four seasons were the show in my opinion but the first three were the best.

Of course, the ship, you can't ask for anything better. Avatar included, lol.
    "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
    The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by RedGuard
      At first, I never gave Andromeda the time of day, but after catching the end of one episode in the second season, I watched it every week. It was a damn good show, but I agree, the last season was pretty bad. The first four seasons were the show in my opinion but the first three were the best.

Of course, the ship, you can't ask for anything better. Avatar included, lol.
      After Tyr left I just lost interest, he was really my only favorite character. Then they replaced him with whatshisface, bah! And yes, the ship design was awesome.

Tyr: "Blind and crippled. If Andromeda were my child, I'd drown it."

sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
        I was a fan of Andromeda's in the beginning, but the last season was so discombobulated and ridiculous I lost interest.

Like I said I enjoyed the first couple seasons when Tyr was part of the crew, the show was much more edgy and dark, some of those Magog episodes gave me nightmares!.

I liked the Trance and Romi characters and Dylan Hunt was a very Star Trek like admirable captain.

I did buy the whole DVD collection and occasionally watch some of those early episodes.
        First couple of seasons were actually pretty good. Then it suddenly changed.. even before Tyr left. I kept thinking I missed a season because it changed from the quest to re-establish the alliance (or whatever it was called) to it all ready being established.

HARPER RULES.
        Harper 2.0 was an awesome ep.

Dylan: Then maybe you should enlighten us.
        Harper: Enlighten you? The divine is good, don't do flash, and if you're nice to people, they probably won't be nice to you. Now run along kids, Daddy's working.

And some other classics.

Harper: Look, Dylan, if you think Aquaman and the Silver Surfer here are going to help you stop the Magog, you may as well baste yourself with steak sauce now and avoid the rush. (The others look confused.) Aquaman? Silver Surfer? Did you people even go to school? No classical education whatsoever!

Harper: Oh, great! So now we can invite some new scary super villains to the "people who suck" party!

Harper: It's half mystical mumbo-jumbo, half putrid poetry, and half bad math.
        Rommie: That's three halves.
        Harper: Like I said, bad math.

Harper: This is the engineer. You may have noticed the lack of a sudden drop in environmental pressure. Though this is a good thing, it, err, may not last, so enjoy the oxygen while you can.
        Tyr: Harper, what's going on?
        Harper: I don't know. I mean, umm, my current theory is that... somehow... an older version of andromeda's personality profile may have been reactivated and is now taking over the ship.
        Dylan: How did you figure that out?
        Harper: I think the key thing right now is to repair the problem. We can worry about minor details like assigning blame later.
        Andromeda: Automated defenses ineffectual against this target. Deactivating.
        Rommie: It's about time.
        Harper: Say "goodnight" to the automated defenses. Goodnight automated defenses.

Harper: Trust in the Harper, the Harper is good.

Mckay and Harper so need to work together. Seriously.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Ok I've just started getting into Andromeda a few months ago and I've seen a few eps of season 5, the first ep of season 1 & every music video I can lay my hands on, we don't have scifi channel in Australia so we don't have much,
          You guys'll probably bite my head off but I like Rhade ( Telemachus 1st and Gaheris a teeny bit), I'm a sucker for the strong silent type (sorta) but I reacon I'd probably spend all my time hanging round Trance the most and maybe stalk/hang out with Dylan a bit (he was Herc after all and not bad at all) I get Tyr's vibe I like him too
          I read the transcripts for a tone of episodes
          "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
          "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
          Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Rhade was okay, I still think Tyr was better though and I hate how they handled the character in Season 4.
            sigpic

Comment

I liked the seris, I though season five was ok, but it was lacking
              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

The WEIGHT PART 1 & 2, PHEAR PHACTOR PHENOM, DECAY OF THE ANGEL, WHEN GOES AROUND..., PRIDE BEFORE THE FALL, MOONLIGHT BECOMES YOU, SAVING LIGHT FROM A BLACK SUN, THE HEART OF THE JOURNEY PART 1 & 2 were the best episodes. The rest were ok but somewhat disappointing compared to the first 4 seasons. Overall, I wish they would of had several more seasons. I loved this show and still do like I do SG-1/SGA. If they would of re-tooled season 5 they could of at least went for a sixth. Of course other issues stopped it.

If only the universe were perfect, then again nothing can be perfect because that would be its flaw. Trying to act like the qoutes before each show. A feature I rather enjoyed.

Comment

I tried SOOO hard to get into this show. I watched at least 20 eps, but I only saw the reruns on TV and I must have started in the wrong season because I still have no idea what the basic plot was. Harper's the bomb, though, I know that much lol. It's never on anymore and I'm not sure I really want to invest in the DVD's.
                  What if the hokey-pokey really is what it's all about?

Spoiler:
                  I made a big decision a little while ago.
                  I don't remember what it was, which prob'ly goes to show
                  That many times a simple choice can prove to be essential
                  Even though it often might appear inconsequential.

I must have been distracted when I left my home because
                  Left or right I'm sure I went. (I wonder which it was!)
                  Anyway, I never veered: I walked in that direction
                  Utterly absorbed, it seems, in quiet introspection.

For no reason I can think of, I've wandered far astray.
                  And that is how I got to where I find myself today.

Bill Waterson, "The indispensable Calvin and Hobbes"

Comment

It helps to watch the first season. I can see how its confusing. I was to at first since I came in sometime during the second season. Watch the following from season one to help.

UNDER THE NIGHT
                    AN AFFIRMING FLAME
                    ANGEL DARK, DEMON BRIGHT
                    THE TIES THAT BLIND
                    THE BANKS OF THE LETHE
                    HARPER 2.0
                    IT MAKES A LOVELY LIGHT
                    ITS HOUR COME ROUND AT LAST

Really good:
                    THE MATHEMATICS OF TEARS
                    STAR-CROSSED

Comment

Originally posted by RedGuard
                      It helps to watch the first season. I can see how its confusing. I was to at first since I came in sometime during the second season. Watch the following from season one to help.

UNDER THE NIGHT
                      AN AFFIRMING FLAME
                      ANGEL DARK, DEMON BRIGHT
                      THE TIES THAT BLIND
                      THE BANKS OF THE LETHE
                      HARPER 2.0
                      IT MAKES A LOVELY LIGHT
                      ITS HOUR COME ROUND AT LAST
                      And "Double Helix" and "To Loose a Faithful Lightning" (not great but something happens to Rommie in it)
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey. Does anyone know what episode the "Righteous Fist of Heaven" a DSA ship i believe, was in?
                        Matthew
                        Shields at full. Ready main rail guns. Ready all missile batteries.

Comment

1x20(Michael Shanks), 2x20(Chris Judge) and 3x21(Shanks and Judge) are the ones with the DSA2/DSX Attack Cruiser. They were called by two different designations, but they all looked the same, a main body with 5 "tentacles". One of the most beautiful ships in all sci-fi IMO.

I Assume those were the ones you were looking for, since I can't remember a High Guard ship that had a dedicated episode that wasn't a DSA/DSX or XMC-class Cruiser.
                          Last edited by aAnubiSs; 31 August 2006, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Maybe it was just me, but while I watched Andromeda, there were times I was confused. Like "what the hell just happened" or "am I missing something" kind of confused. I remember clearly this happened with season three's first episode, IF THE WHEEL IS FIXED. When the images appeared and the cat while Dylan viewed playback from the Maru. There were other episodes too.

Comment

Just letting people know that the Andromeda: Slipstream Collection is only $128 from Amazon. To me, thats a steal for the entire series (Five Seasons worth of episodes) on DVD. I'm thinking about getting it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                                I was a fan of Andromeda's in the beginning, but the last season was so discombobulated and ridiculous I lost interest.

Like I said I enjoyed the first couple seasons when Tyr was part of the crew, the show was much more edgy and dark, some of those Magog episodes gave me nightmares!.

I liked the Trance and Romi characters and Dylan Hunt was a very Star Trek like admirable captain.

I did buy the whole DVD collection and occasionally watch some of those early episodes.
                                I am the same way.The first few seasons were good, but the last season had me saying..
                                I own the first three seasons on DVD.

Comment

Working...
                                X