No announcement yet.

"Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's finally OVER?!?! *drops to knees and thanks the Lord vehemently* It was such a NIGHTMARE!!! Dylan!!! Argh - where's my acid!? I'd love to drop it on top of his skull and watch the hole bore through!!! Ooh!! And that Becka! Gaaah! Lemme at her!!! They're all just so annoying! And Becka as the progenitor of the Neitzchian race? If I die laughing just blow up my porta sarc and wait ten minutes. Oooooooooohhh!!! *rants unintelligably* *deep breath* But anyway, praise the lord, praise the lord!
    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
      Well uh...

WE CAN ONLY HOPE!
      teehee! but I agree I think they all died once in a season fianly, actuly all of them maybe? LOL I don't know.
      Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Maybe now we can get Harper on SG-1 or Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
          It's finally OVER?!?! *drops to knees and thanks the Lord vehemently* It was such a NIGHTMARE!!! Dylan!!! Argh - where's my acid!? I'd love to drop it on top of his skull and watch the hole bore through!!! Ooh!! And that Becka! Gaaah! Lemme at her!!! They're all just so annoying! And Becka as the progenitor of the Neitzchian race? If I die laughing just blow up my porta sarc and wait ten minutes. Oooooooooohhh!!! *rants unintelligably* *deep breath* But anyway, praise the lord, praise the lord!
          I'm effectively stealing this post from you and using it as my own instead.
          If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor
            Hey! No fair! I was gonna do that!...grrrr...everyone's always beating me to the punch these days. Again. With feeling. Grrrr!
            sigpic
            Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
            "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor
              ha... okay I have nothing further to add LOL.
              Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas
                Maybe now we can get Harper on SG-1 or Atlantis
                "We want Harper! We want Harper! We want Harper! *bang tools* *bang core thingy with tools* "

Comment

I watched it. It was ok. I'll sort of miss the show... it was fun sometimes. Was that the Vedrans coming back at the end?? Does that mean they're going to kick the Magog's butts now? Or did that happen when they destroyed the Abyss?? and what about that big Neitzchian fleet? They didn't die... or is that something else for the Vedrans coming back to do? Still some unanswered questions... oh well, can't have everything. Also... Trance said she was sad... why?? (I liked her... ) *sigh* It was an ok end, to an ok show. I didn't hate it (as some people seem to), but it could've been way better than it was. I blame the writers... like a blame the writers for Enterprise. Both shows could've been WAY better than they were. If Enterprise had done in their 2nd season (at least) what they did in their 4th season... it would likely still be around.

Good-bye to 2 nice shows, that could've been better than what they eventually became...

The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                  Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                  My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                  Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

the last 2 episodes were decent...I agree with your take on it Sea. They left a ton of questions behind with that ending...Did Earth stay destroyed?.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                      AMEN!
                      I watched it. it's over. thank the good lord.
                      Now I can stop torturing myself with the fascinating train wreck it has turned out to be.
                      Still can't explain why I was watching but hopefully this opens the door for something not so hard to swallow.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by thetron
                        "We want Harper! We want Harper! We want Harper! *bang tools* *bang core thingy with tools* "
                        *chants*

Yay, Harper would be a cool engineer to have around! He always did remind me a bit of a space monkey but he's my favourite character other than Gaheris Rhade. *sighs* I've never forgiven the writers that they killed off the most intriguing character in the first five minutes of the show.

The writers always had a penchant to kill or ruin the characters and plot lines that I liked, but it's still a bit sad that Andromeda is over now. I had still hoped that they would hire some new writers capable to fulfill Andromeda's full potential.
                        O'Neill: You did it, Sam. You won.
                        Carter: Wasn't me.
                        O'Neill: Oh yes it was. You hung in there, you beat it.
                        Carter: The Goa'uld gave its life for me. It saved me.
                        Sharush: Selmak is a wonderful Tok'ra. She is selfless and caring, she is good company, she has a wonderful sense of humor.
                        Carter: Well, that's good, Dad. You can sit around for hours cracking yourself up.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                          I wouldn't say it's the worst show ever since I do keep watching it (for reasons I can't understand) even thoughI think it's absolutely horrible.

That's exactly how I feel. Andromeda is the worst sci-fi show I ever SOMEHOW watched every episode of!

Comment

Nope, not the worse. There have been FAR worse, but I only watched a few new episodes and a few old ones and VERY quickly lost interest. BORING!

And NO real chemistry between the actors.....just my opinion.
                            On fighting:
                            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                              And NO real chemistry between the actors.....just my opinion.
                              Funny you say that, chemistry is about all I thought that show had going for it. Like Farscape, I became enamored with the characters and there relationships between each other alot more than the story-line.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

First, I thought the casting choice was a bit flawed. I am in the minority in that I thought Tyr, Harper and Beka were HORRIBLE choices. Especially Harper, one of the most annoying characters. And for Rommie, nice eye candy, but so stale.
                                All the actors on Andromeda were terrible. Sorbo's attempts at being a charismatic hero type are pathetic. None of them could acctually land a real acting job so they ended up on Andromeda, and such high calibre films as Jason X. And the only reason Lexa Doig is going to be on Stargate is because of Shanks.

The Magog, well I thought who ever thought that one up should have been relegated to writing reality tv. Someone said something about monkey-suits, well when I first saw them I thought, hey its planet of the apes.
                                This is due to the show's main problems - a lack of a creative vision, no idea as to what makes good sci-fi, and and a really low budget.

I remember when the show first came out it was the highest rated syndicated series, my how far it has fallen. It seemed they tried to make the show half popcorn scifi like Star Trek and half serious adult scifi like Earth Final Conflict. And that mixture just did not work. I think most people, even those that saw every ep were completely lost with what was going on.
                                This is where your otherwise agreeable post starts going down the pan. For one thing, Star Trek is about as "popcorn sci-fi" as Sorbo is a good actor. Stargate is much more of what I'd call popcorn scifi, and Star Trek would be the serious adult Sci-Fi, especially the first three Trek series. To even claim this seems to indicate that you have no idea what you're talking about, and discredits everything else you say. Pity, since your first two points were valid.

Finally I would like to add one other pointer. For those that do watch the show, how in the #%@# can they have so much special effects for being such a low budget production? It seems that they have even more than Stargate. One of the biggest gripes people have about the Stargate eps isnt it the eps where they dont go off-world. Even more, the off-world eps always seem to look the same, back woods of beautiful Toronto. From the Andromeda eps I have seen, rarely does it look like the same recycled outdoor scenes. Maybe now that Andromeda is ending Stargate can hire their special effects people.
                                Erm, I don't know if you have some kind of vision problems or something, but the reason Andromeda managed to fit so much effects in there was because they were TERRIBLE, the show had low budget sets, actors, costumes and apparantly, writers to cut back on costs to provide some of the crappiest SFX to hit a TV screen in the last 20 years. I've seen videogames that look more realistic than the FX on Andromeda. Most of their other planet locations on andromeda either look like the same forrestry is we see in SG-1, or the same polystyrene as we used to see on Star Trek TOS.

p.s. My vote for worst scifi- FIREFLY! That garbage shouldn't even be mentioned as science fiction. The only reason that crap even got on tv in the first place was because it was made by Mr. Buffy himself. Glad, so glad that show was canceled. Bad, very bad when you have to fight to stay awake watching the first ep, and it just got worse from there.
                                Firefly was one of the best Sci-Fi series I've ever seen. Pretty much everything was done well on it except for it's treatment by the network; only fox would air a series' pilot episode as it's finalle. I watched it exclusively on DVD and it's ****ing brilliant, especially the latter half of the series. Of course, by now you've established to us all your utter lack of taste.

Anyways, back to the subject at hand.

Andromeda had one hell of a concept, but that was the only thing it ever had going for it, and that had been completely abandoned by mid-season 2. I mean, the first thing that went wrong with it was that it got sold to Tribune, THE studio for crappy low budget shows. Then they got Kevin Sorbo on board, made a fairly good pilot and then with the exception of 3 or 4 season 1 episodes it was downhill from there. They decided to get rid of RHW, the only person on the staff who knew what he was doing, totally f***ed around with the show's concept and just let it get worse. And even more insulting was the fact that they decided to slap "Gene Roddenberry's" on it to try and make it look good.
                                Last edited by Cymro; 19 May 2005, 02:59 AM.

Star Trek Reborn

Comment

Working...
                                X