X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SISKO
    Trust me scheduling is not the problem
    IT WAS A CRAP SHOW

(who else thinks this person is crazy? only crazy people can enjoy ANY episodes of andomeda)

Pfffftttt!.....great show its not!....only "crazy people can enjoy ANY episodes", well count me crazee then! I enjoyed alot of Andromeda episodes! (especially towards the end of season 1 and beginning of season 2).

I would'nt count it as one of my top shows in the scifi genre

I do agree with Darth, there were some great ideas in some of the storylines, (I love the idea of living avatars), I also enjoyed Magog and the whole crazee 'world ship' idea. Truly frightening adversaries. I think the relationships between the characters is what alot of people saw in Andromeda, and that's why it lasted for as long as it did.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Sorry, but I have to agree with Sisko. I LOVE SciFi, always have. And trust me, there are very few SciFi shows I haven't watched. I may not have loved them all, but I watched them.

Andromeda was terrible.....the character chemistry, esp, without Tyr (Tir?), was totally lacking. The scripts just kept getting worse, the Magog were a joke. The only character I liked was Trance. Sorry to all the andromeda fans out there....... I finally just gave up.
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I am not at all impressed with the show. One of the worst to be aired in quite awhile but I think Earth Final Conflict was even worse. Neither shows made any sense from beggining to end. The storylines changed on a whim and never for good. I did like the Magog and Trance but She could have been so much more.

LEE IS NOT A CYLON

Comment

Originally posted by Vorlon-1
          I am not at all impressed with the show. One of the worst to be aired in quite awhile but I think Earth Final Conflict was even worse. Neither shows made any sense from beggining to end. The storylines changed on a whim and never for good. I did like the Magog and Trance but She could have been so much more.

Trance could have been more?....Damn, she was an avatar of a sun. she single handedly destroyed the Aybss world ship (made the Dark Star from Star Wars look puny!). She was dylans main confidant...etc...if anything they gave her to much power.

Quit apologizing Lida I don't hold anything against anyone for there personal opinions about whether they like a show or movie (that would be silly! ). I'm a sucker for all scifi (especially tv shows), I watch them all and enjoy all of it Some I like better than others.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

OK, I'm about ready to start to using the red ding. I got a red ding, and the coward only said "I agree with you about Trance"?

Can't you people grow up? Guess not........
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

One Word "Tremors".

Ben Browder Follower

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                Trance could have been more?....Damn, she was an avatar of a sun. she single handedly destroyed the Aybss world ship (made the Dark Star from Star Wars look puny!). She was dylans main confidant...etc...if anything they gave her to much power.
                Man I totally missed that about her. I guess thats what happenes when you lose interest in a show and stop watching I would have loved to see her kick worldship butt.

LEE IS NOT A CYLON

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                  OK, I'm about ready to start to using the red ding. I got a red ding, and the coward only said "I agree with you about Trance"?

Can't you people grow up? Guess not........

That was me I think and it was supposed to be GREEN
                  Sorry

LEE IS NOT A CYLON

Comment

The Magog monkey suits in the first couple of seasons were rather laughable-as if they all wondered off the set of some kids chimp zoo special.
                    Someone said Lost In Space was the worse?!
                    Sacrilege!! It was the best.
                    No-one comes close to Dr Smith!!!
                    That MSN best and worst is pretty predictable. I'd actually swap the two lists around.
                    Lost In Space was silly, but it was a hella've lot of fun. If you watch it side by side with Star Trek TOS, Trek has actually dated more, funnily enough.
                    Last edited by david2708; 04 May 2005, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorlon-1
                      That was me I think and it was supposed to be GREEN
                      Sorry
                      I'll bet you can chalk it up to the board weirdness of late.... and give her greeen somewhere else to placate her!

Comment

I agree that Trance could have been more to. By more I don't think the OP of that meant he wanted her to be more powerful just written better.

When I heard that they were revealing her secret I watched the episode that week just out of curiousty and the only thing I could hear in my head upon it's conclusion was "Holy **** they teased me for 4 years for that ridiculous payoff, what an absurd pile of crap".

I still haven't worked out exactly how what she is is supposed to make any kind of sense even under the most highly suspended disbelief. I feel that's something I also share with Droms writers the only difference being I actually have a problem with it while they're already busy working out which guest female Sorbo's going to try and screw next week.

It's a real shame to since Laura Bertram is an award winning actress up here in the great white north. Drom took her, teased her with an interesting character to start with, then turned her into leather clad eye candy and made her spew nonsensical pseudophilosophical babble that could make the matrix look deep.

PS: She was hotter when she was purple

Comment

I liked the premise. I mean, rebuilding a collapsed empire with a single ship and a crew of mercenaries? I liked it. It wasn't optimistic and it wasn't about a crew who knew what they were doing. Personally, I think it went downhill since Tyr left but that's me. Still, all in all, it's fun to watch.
                          'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Just had to add my two cents.

First, I thought the casting choice was a bit flawed. I am in the minority in that I thought Tyr, Harper and Beka were HORRIBLE choices. Especially Harper, one of the most annoying characters. And for Rommie, nice eye candy, but so stale.

The Magog, well I thought who ever thought that one up should have been relegated to writing reality tv. Someone said something about monkey-suits, well when I first saw them I thought, hey its planet of the apes.

I remember when the show first came out it was the highest rated syndicated series, my how far it has fallen. It seemed they tried to make the show half popcorn scifi like Star Trek and half serious adult scifi like Earth Final Conflict. And that mixture just did not work. I think most people, even those that saw every ep were completely lost with what was going on.

Finally I would like to add one other pointer. For those that do watch the show, how in the #%@# can they have so much special effects for being such a low budget production? It seems that they have even more than Stargate. One of the biggest gripes people have about the Stargate eps isnt it the eps where they dont go off-world. Even more, the off-world eps always seem to look the same, back woods of beautiful Toronto. From the Andromeda eps I have seen, rarely does it look like the same recycled outdoor scenes. Maybe now that Andromeda is ending Stargate can hire their special effects people.

p.s. My vote for worst scifi- FIREFLY! That garbage shouldn't even be mentioned as science fiction. The only reason that crap even got on tv in the first place was because it was made by Mr. Buffy himself. Glad, so glad that show was canceled. Bad, very bad when you have to fight to stay awake watching the first ep, and it just got worse from there.

Comment

Originally posted by AnUbIs2004
                              The Magog, well I thought who ever thought that one up should have been relegated to writing reality tv. Someone said something about monkey-suits, well when I first saw them I thought, hey its planet of the apes.
                              Was it the idea, or was it the monkey suits? I thought the idea was O.K., but the outfits were dreadful.

I remember when the show first came out it was the highest rated syndicated series, my how far it has fallen. It seemed they tried to make the show half popcorn scifi like Star Trek and half serious adult scifi like Earth Final Conflict. And that mixture just did not work. I think most people, even those that saw every ep were completely lost with what was going on.
                              I thought it was more of a Sid & Marty Kroft production. I expected the ghosts of Ruth Buzzi & Jim Nabors to appear and fight Sleestaks at any moment.

p.s. My vote for worst scifi- FIREFLY! That garbage shouldn't even be mentioned as science fiction. The only reason that crap even got on tv in the first place was because it was made by Mr. Buffy himself. Glad, so glad that show was canceled. Bad, very bad when you have to fight to stay awake watching the first ep, and it just got worse from there.
                              Yow. Never mind that a Firefly is getting its own feater film, eh?
                              Last edited by Darth Buddha; 09 May 2005, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Sorry first episode of Firefly may have been so so but it definitly got better. I can't wait to see the movie!

Ben Browder Follower

Comment

Working...
                                X