No announcement yet.

"Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like they are getting ready to end the series. The domain name www.andromedaascendant.com has been abandoned - not renewed. Rather blatant, I would say.

Comment

So long as they actually DO close the floating storylines, I'll be somewhat happy.

But who owned those three sites?
      Enter my game site...

Comment

allsystems.org and seamusharper.com are both owned by "Tribune Company," which I suppose is the same as Tribune Entertainment. I don't know who owned andromedaascendant.com but I assume it's also Tribune. On their Fan Site Policy page on andromedatv.com, they say the following:

If you link to the following URLs (and please do!), identify them with the titles listed here:

http://andromedatv.com
        The Official Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda Web Site
        (There are a few variations of this URL that work, but this is the standard.)

http://www.allsystems.org
        The Official All Systems University Web site

http://www.andromedaascendant.com
        The Official Andromeda Ascendant Web Site
        It's sad to see things winding down like this. They're also selling off lots of Andromeda props now.

Comment

The pity of Andromeda seems to be that the first three seasons, while undoubtedly low budget and somewhat poorly acted, did at least have a decent story arc.

By comparison, the fifth seasons seems to be so much bad comedy.

Comment

Most people think that the first two seasons were good and the third season is where things started to go wrong. I would agree with that. The series changed in the third season, from a "science fiction" classification to an "action-adventure" format. The original premise was the rebuilding of the Systems Commonwealth, and that had the Captain and crew of the good ship Andromeda Ascendant exploring strange new worlds and seeking out new life and new civilizations...or something like that. Starting with season three, they decided the Commonwealth was all better, so they just went out and battled against the Enemy of the Week. Whether it was the Magog or the Nietzscheans or some other bad guy, it all degenerated into firefights and bar brawls. I doubt that's what Gene Roddenberry had in mind.

On AndromedaTV.com, they just posted an interview with one of the Andromeda Producers, and he confirmed that this is the final season of Andromeda. So rather than trying to raise three million dollars from anonymous donors, I think the Save Andromeda effort may look for an Andromeda movie or miniseries. Get J. Michael Straczinsky or Robert Hewitt Wolfe to take control of it, and do it the way Gene would have wanted to see it. I'm thinking it should start out right from the beginning again, with the ship caught in the event horizon of the black hole, only this time there will be no diversion into bar brawling and space opera. Make it cerebral and challenging and unforgettable.

Tonight I finished the mirror site of AndromedaAscendant.com and uploaded it to the Save Andromeda website. I wish I knew who built the original website so I could reassure him that it won't be abandoned.

Comment

In my mind as a former Andromeda Fan the show was truly canceld in Season 4 ,Season 5 is a mockery and a dessecration to the show it has degenerated enough time to let it die with any shread of degnity it has left.

The writing now seems like somthing from a depressed crack addict ,The first two Seasons had episodes with meaning and characters I loved and it was fun somthing to look forward two every week.
              The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Something resembling a decent story abandoned Andromeda a long time ago. It only makes sense that the fansites would follow suit.
                It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Okay, these are not the "fansites" I'm talking about here. They are three official websites developed and maintained by Tribune Entertainment for the Andromeda series. Those three official sites are no longer available online so we have developed mirror websites and are maintaining them as a service to the fandom. The www.allsystems.org mirror site is here and the www.andromedaascendant.com website has been completed and is here. The www.seamusharper.com website will be the last mirror to go up (although maybe it's not really a "mirror" any more if the original site has disappeared forever). The "fansites" are still very much up and running. In fact, I anticipate that after the series ends, Andromeda fans will be doing much the same as the Firefly fans - pushing for a miniseries or a movie, and then a spinoff with better writing. Perhaps the famous J. Michael Straczynski would like to take a crack at writing Andromeda the way it should be written. That would be a Drom fan's dream for sure.

Comment

My mistake. I assumed they were all fansites because I've only been able to find one official site. In fact, it's always been pretty difficult for me to find a decent Andromeda website through Google. Most websites I've found (even before this huge abandoned website issue) had stopped updating a year or so ago. Then again, I've only been watching the show for a little over a year, so I probably just missed the boat.
                    It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

We have a fairly up-to-date list of Andromeda links on our website.

http://saveandromeda.com/links.htm

Comment

This is mainly for UK viewers. I happened to be channel hopping tonight and by chance found Andromeda on our version of the Sci Fi Channel, but it said it was Season 4!

Now I can't remember where we got up to with it on Sky One (where I had watched it previously) but when did I miss Sci Fi getting the rights to screen it? Is it no longer going to be on Sky and have I missed it completely now?

Help!!!

Comment

SciFi have the rights to the 4th season but i'm not sure about the 5th. Sky 1 on the other hand have the rights for the earlier seasons and are still showing them

sigpic

Comment

Meh, Andromeda doesn't make any sense anymore. I watched a few episodes of season 5 and just went, 'Huh?'

I tried to keep up, but got lost and gave up.

I haven't watched Andromeda for quite sometime.

So whether or not you get the season on TV or not in order or anything, or even if it is in the right order, it won't make sense

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I started watching Andromeda from the beginning, but quit during season 2 somewhere...I still watch off and on, but really have had trouble following a good storyline....just my opinion.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                                Meh, Andromeda doesn't make any sense anymore. I watched a few episodes of season 5 and just went, 'Huh?'

I tried to keep up, but got lost and gave up.

I haven't watched Andromeda for quite sometime.

So whether or not you get the season on TV or not in order or anything, or even if it is in the right order, it won't make sense
                                I dont know, it made sense to me, well except that 'blood' thing with Beka... But yah, thats because i missed the episode, unfortunately... Has Andromeda ended it season/series already? Or did it go on a break, because i haven't seen or heard of any new episode lately.
                                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                                X