Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the "Andromeda" e-mail newsletter:

100th episode party video

Get in on the fun with this clip from the big 100th episode bash!

http://www.andromedatv.com/about/beh...artyvideo.html

Video from the 100th episode party

As you may have read, the cast and crew of Andromeda recently completed filming the show's 100th episode. To mark the milestone event, a party was held at sugarandsugar, a party spot near where Andromeda is filmed.

You've seen the photos -- now live it as if you were there: Yep, we've got video. Hear the remarks of "TPTB" (The Powers That Be) on this great occasion for Andromeda. See Gordon Michael Woolvett's antics at the cake cutting. Feel the coolness of the ice sculpture. OK, maybe not that last one, but you sure can see it. Don't miss this peek inside the Andromeda 100th episode cast and crew party.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Michael Shanks attended this party, perhaps he can be seen on the video. I'm on dial up, so I'm still waiting for the file to play!

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Proof-Positive
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Proof-Positive

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

If you haven't seen it yet, they've finally posted the Andromeda Ascendant on starship dimensions (go to www.merzo.net ,click -2X and scroll down).
      Now I just hope that you lot out there can post the rest of the ships from the show to the site...

Its also got tons of ships from B5, star trek, star wars etc. etc.

Comment

Aw shucks. No Michael. I bet he was one of those folks in the dark scenes.
        No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Eh, that's okay. They're just about finished with the good part of "Andromeda" anyway, so at least they got that far.

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor
            Eh, that's okay. They're just about finished with the good part of "Andromeda" anyway, so at least they got that far.

Exactly.

Season 1 was great, the rest was trash.

Now they can do the 2.5 seasons of *GOOD* Sliders episodes then move on to Farscape one Gilmore Girls goes to repeats.
            It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

This is an experimental episode transcript. I've done some of these for half-hour cartoon shows that have more action than dialog, but for an hour-long show this takes a long time. I didn't have much time on the weekend so it was finished late Sunday night from a Friday night broadcast. I'll try to do some more of these but I can't guarantee anything for certain.

The transcript is here.

Comment

Steve Bacic, known to us as Camulus in Stargate, is supporting a family who really need help right now. Here's a message from Legends Memorabilia:

* * * URGENT CHARITY AUCTION ANNOUNCEMENT * * *

In the middle of our current STARGATE auction, we are taking a moment to send our thoughts, prayers and help to a family in need at this time.

With the support of the cast of ANDROMEDA, we are conducting a
                special fund-raiser to help the family of 14 year-old Katrina
                Eschner, a student who was hit by a car in North Vancouver on October 28th. Katrina suffered severe head injuries in the accident and after slipping into a coma, was put on life support in B.C. Children's Hospital with her parents at her bedside.

Katrina is known to Steve Bacic, who stars as Rhade on Andromeda and through her love of drama, was scheduled to visit the filming set. Sadly, this has now been postponed. With Steve as the driving force, the cast members of Andromeda have rallied round and donated a selection of set-used props, costumes and cast-signed items for this special charity auction for Katrina and her family.

We are donating ALL of the proceeds received through the sale of these special items to help Katrina's parents cover the costs
                incurred by this tragic event. We hope you'll find something of
                interest here and we also thank you for allowing us to interrupt your Stargate Auction. Here is the link to the sale:
                http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/stargateprops

With kind regards,

Paul Brown
                President
                Legends Memorabilia Inc.

http://www.stargateprops.com - Stargate Props
                http://www.legends-memorabilia.com - Legends Memorabilia

Comment

Link

Comment

Thread resurrection here...

DANG... here I was intentionally recording Andromeday every Tuesday! I wanted to catch up... seriously, I'm a fan... dang... and here I thought they were just doing something special by showing a movie... but will a movie really get a better rating???? Dangit... this sucks. There's no way I'll be able to remember to record every day at 5...
                    Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

I am building a web page on http://www.saveandromeda.com with information and opinions from Andromeda fans who are interested in seeing the series continue beyond Season Five.

For Andromeda fans who would like to see the series continue, what are your reasons for wanting to see a Season Six, Season Seven, Season Eight, etc.? Are there conflicts you would like to see resolved, new situations you would like to see explored, stories you would like to see written? If you could stand before a network executive and tell that person why the show should continue, what would you say? Give the executive your best argument right here.

Negative opinions, although they might be just as valid, will not be added to the web page. After all, this is the "Save Andromeda" campaign.

Andromeda fans, unite and lend your voices to the campaign!

Comment

For me, I want to see what comes of Dylan as a Paradyne and how his new-found powers as a Paradyne shape his will for possibly going back to the past in his own universe and stopping the Neitzcheans from destroying the Commonwealth. I mean, think about how the writers could play out the series as an alternate to the past 4.5 years. Dylan had spent 4 years after spending 300 suspended in time, and after seeing all that has happened and what could have been done differently, he has the ability to go back and correct things. Now the real question comes to whether or not he runs into Trance somewhere down the line back in the past, as well as Flavin, and whether or not he can really change things or be like Angel Dark, Demon Bright in which he had to play out how future events said it happened, or change the past and change the future. I think there is so much to expand on the story, like that burning question since Day 1: Does Dylan Hunt EVER get a haircut after 4.5 years, and if so, who is his barber?
                        Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

I really wished the Sci Fi Channel wouldnt pull a Kerry on us. I mean just when I was starting to get caught up into season 2 hoping for Season 3 episodes, they go and pull this stunt. I mean, c'mon, Bonnie, pull your head out of that dark area of your humanoid area and let a series run.
                          Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
                            I really wished the Sci Fi Channel wouldnt pull a Kerry on us. I mean just when I was starting to get caught up into season 2 hoping for Season 3 episodes, they go and pull this stunt. I mean, c'mon, Bonnie, pull your head out of that dark area of your humanoid area and let a series run.

The SciFi Channel stays in business because they make money from selling commercial air time. The only way they can sell commercial air time is to offer programming that is attractive to enough viewers, and that is shown by ratings.

"Andromeda" has not been a good investment for the SciFi Channel in terms of ratings. Since the "Andromeda" series premiered on the SciFi Channel (back in March), it has only received ratings high enough to be on the top ten list a few times:

3/22/04 - 3/28/04 Andromeda 1.4
                            3/29/04 - 4/4/04 Andromeda 1.2
                            4/5/04 - 4/11/04 Andromeda 0.9
                            4/12/04 - 4/18/04 Andromeda 0.9
                            4/19/04 - 4/25/04 Andromeda 1.0
                            4/26/04 - 5/2/04 Andromeda 0.9
                            5/3/04 - 5/9/04 Andromeda 0.9
                            5/10/04 - 5/16/04 Andromeda 1.0
                            5/24/04 - 5/30/04 Andromeda 0.9
                            9/27/04 - 10/3/04 Andromeda 0.8

So out of roughly 33 weeks since March, the series has only been in the Top Ten (and then, usually at the bottom of the top ten) -- ten times.

The SciFi Channel can't be expected to promote a series if the fans don't bother to watch it.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

You can really blame Andromeda for getting horrible ratings, well maybe you can, but look where scifi placed the series, pre-primetime, i don't know, it gets higher ratings in syndication.
                              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                                You can really blame Andromeda for getting horrible ratings, well maybe you can, but look where scifi placed the series, pre-primetime, i don't know, it gets higher ratings in syndication.
                                "Andromeda" was ORIGINALLY in a prime-time slot -- Friday night at 8pm, beginning April 2nd on the SciFi Channel.

It was moved to the 7pm time on Fridays on July 2nd, when the SciFi Channel realized they weren't getting the ratings they hoped for.

And the moved an older episode of SG-1 into the 8pm time slot.

In January, when the new programming starts, Andromeda will remain in the 7pm time slot, with new episodes of SG-1 at 8pm, followed by SGA at 9pm, and Battlestar Galactica at 10pm.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X