No announcement yet.

The Batman Begins Series of Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got the Bruce Wayne one at the moment...

Dang... I still can't get over how good Christian Bale is in the role...
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I didn't realise he's doing one of the voices in Howls Moving Castel, another film I've gotta wait till September for.

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
      DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

It's hard to know what voice he does with all the different accents that he does...

Here's a nice review of BB from Ebert and Roeper:
        http://tvplex.go.com/buenavista/eber...man_begins.mp3
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Yeah, I do oneday want to hear him speak with his native Welsh accent.

DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Apparently his thick Welsh accent emerges in the Equilibrium DVD...
            Great... there's another DVD I'm going to have to put on my wish list. Actually, it is already on my wishlist but... erm... I put it off because of the price.
            sigpic

Comment

I haven't seen Equilibrium yet, I'll get around to it oneday...

Comment

It's a fantastic film...
                Here's an interview with Christian Bale talking about BB, spotting a more neutral type of accent. It doesn't sound quite American, not quite English... I suspect that it is probably the one that he uses the most.
                http://www.theonenetwork.com/movies/...rview_300.html
                sigpic

Comment

Aparently he uses his real accent in Metroland, I might catch it sometime just to hear what he really sounds like.

Comment

What if Bruce was afraid of pidgeons? Would he save Gotham City dressed up as a pidgeon?

Its a bird!
                    Its a plane!!
                    No wait! it actually is a bird!! Its pidgeonman!!!

sigpic
                    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
                      Aparently he uses his real accent in Metroland, I might catch it sometime just to hear what he really sounds like.
                      I Just had a look at the trailer for it... Looks like a dreadful film of a man having a midlife crisis in his late twenties... The hairstyles are cringeworthy. The accent is very proper English...

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                      What if Bruce was afraid of pidgeons? Would he save Gotham City dressed up as a pidgeon?

Its a bird!
                      Its a plane!!
                      No wait! it actually is a bird!! Its pidgeonman!!!
                      Doesn't quite have the same fearsome quality, does it? Pigeons don't hang out in caves, do they?
                      Still you could be on to something... I've seen Hitchcock's The Birds and I was terrified.
                      sigpic

Comment

IMHO Micheal Keaton as Batman worked - because he's the last person you'd suspect of actucally being Batman.

There's a nasty rumour going around that the studio want Frankie Muniz to play Robin.
                        All together now - NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I hope who ever originally said that was joking. Its just wrong on so many levels...

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
                            I hope who ever originally said that was joking. Its just wrong on so many levels...
                            Indeed!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                              IMHO Micheal Keaton as Batman worked - because he's the last person you'd suspect of actucally being Batman.
                              I will concede that Keaton probably didn't have much to work with but I still maintain that being Batman is more than being "unexpected" but more the case of someone inhabiting all the different shades of the persona. This is a man that wears masks: both physical and emotional ones.

There's a nasty rumour going around that the studio want Frankie Muniz to play Robin.
                              All together now - NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              I don't think introducing Robin at this stage is very productive when they can do so much more with the Batman/Bruce Wayne dichotomy. I don't care what suggestions have come forward, I don't want a Robin now.
                              sigpic

Comment

I just saw this today and I can now state with confidence that it's probably my favorite super hero movie ever made. Spiderman and Spiderman 2 were great movies but this is just more my style. This was also far and away the first Batman movie that even came close to being worth a repeat viewing for me. The last few in the previous express elevator to hell of a movie franchise were just downright embarassing for everyone involved.

I'm not a big fan of the batman comics or comics in general but this movie stood well enough on it's own to more than hold my interest and at no point did I laugh at what would seem like the absurdity of a man dressing up like a bat to go beat guys up. This was a significant acomplishment in selling for Bale and the film's director. This batman was actually dark and felt more like someone criminals could potentially fear as opposed to just laugh at and shoot. I also really liked the film's moody score and the sequel (which is already greenlighted) is going to be just as good if not better with the Joker returning. I only hope they get Harley in there to this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X