The Batman Begins Series of Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at the IMDB's trivia page for BB, I found this:
    Only days before the role of Batman was cast, eight actors were asked to audition for the part. The actors were Christian Bale, Joshua Jackson, Eion Bailey, Hugh Dancy, Billy Crudup, Cillian Murphy, Henry Cavill and Jake Gyllenhaal. Christian Bale got the part. However, Christopher Nolan liked Cillian Murphy's audition so much, he cast him as Dr. Jonathan Crane/The Scarecrow.
    I'm glad they went with Christian Bale, but Billy Crudup and Cillian Murphy would have been interesting. The rest I think were too young and Henry Cavill would fit Superman better.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
      Glad they had her as a non-romance. I liked the idea of her character (for all the reasons Easter metioned and the fact that she was useful), but right now my brain is in the process of painting out Katie Holmes and replacing her with another actress.
      My first thought was Rachel Weisz... not sure why... but interestingly another Brit... Too old maybe... As long as it is somebody who certainly can convince the audience that she's the Assistant DA... I wonder if they picked Katie Holmes in the first place because she has this innocence about her... as if she's never been touched by the corruption around her. That she's above it... or as Falcone said, "an idealist".

Can fear be a theme? I liked how the story's focus was on fear. And how the League of Shadows tied in with Bruce's life. How Batman reflected their entire ideaology to a degree, the use of a symbol and straying to the dark side in the name of good.
      I did appreciate the bat motif in the plot... Bats as his greatest childhood phobia, bats as the means to restore his sense of hope and bats as his redemption...

The darkness of Batman's character is something you really don't see in other superheroes. I liked it, especially how he dealt with Ducard in the end. He treaded a fine line there.
      "I don't have to save you..."
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
        I don't remember there being any, and I don't think he ever married either.
        I forgot about Robin, Bruce adopted Dick Grayson (Robin) so he became a surrogate son.

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
        DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Looking at the IMDB's trivia page for BB, I found this:

I'm glad they went with Christian Bale, but Billy Crudup and Cillian Murphy would have been interesting. The rest I think were too young and Henry Cavill would fit Superman better.
          Had to look up Henry Cavill... Count of Monte Cristo rings a bell... nice looking boy... but as you say all very young...
          I like Hugh Dancy but I don't think he's the brooding type... For Batman you need someone who broods, and is very angsty...
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
            I forgot about Robin, Bruce adopted Dick Grayson (Robin) so he became a surrogate son.
            Is that canon?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
              My first thought was Rachel Weisz... not sure why... but interestingly another Brit... Too old maybe... As long as it is somebody who certainly can convince the audience that she's the Assistant DA... I wonder if they picked Katie Holmes in the first place because she has this innocence about her... as if she's never been touched by the corruption around her. That she's above it... or as Falcone said, "an idealist".
              Rachel Weisz, nice choice... Never would have thought of her. I had Morena Baccarin (cause of the current Firefly obsession) as a stand in. But I don't think she'd be quite right either. Still reading trivia from IMDB, one of the other candidates for Rachel Dawes was supposedly Natalie Portman. She would have been good.

On an off note, I think we've taken over the thread. For the last 26 posts, it's just been us three.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                Is that canon?
                As far as I can remember it is, but I'm not certain.

DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

On an off note, I think we've taken over the thread. For the last 26 posts, it's just been us three.
                  We seem to be doing this alot... in the Aussie thread, the Serenity thread... among others we need to drag Shep in here sometime to keep up with tradition

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
                    We seem to be doing this alot... in the Aussie thread, the Serenity thread... among others we need to drag Shep in here sometime to keep up with tradition
                    She's keen on seeing the movie right?

Comment

Yep, but she said she'd wait till after school holidays. So it's just us for the next 2 weeks.

Comment

i loved this movie. the moral lessons were very deep and right on track i thought. my favorite batman by far

Lizbeth
                        das haus ist gelb. ich liebe gelb!!

MySpace

Comment

Rachel Weisz, nice choice... Never would have thought of her. I had Morena Baccarin (cause of the current Firefly obsession) as a stand in. But I don't think she'd be quite right either. Still reading trivia from IMDB, one of the other candidates for Rachel Dawes was supposedly Natalie Portman. She would have been good.
                          Natalie Portman seems to me to be another picture of eternal youth. That's what makes me think that they were going for the young, innocent idealist. I'm not sure what Lucas did to her in Episode 3 though... she looked as stiff a plank... I guess she didn't have much to work with those awful lines...
                          I wouldn't have minded Morena... she's a class act through and through... and has got plenty of sass to take on the Scarecrow and other nasties.
                          We're good at that sort of thing... takeovers and expansionist tactics...
                          I'd rather be discussing Batman here than on IMDB that's for sure... Some people are arrogant beyond belief.

Edit: Link to a very interesting reading of Batman Begins... Spoilers Alert...
                          http://64.23.89.35/moveabletype/krs/...5_2005_th.html
                          Last edited by Easter Lily; 25 June 2005, 03:33 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

nice article, thanks for the link Easter

Comment

No worries, Imo...
                              It said a lot of things that I personally thought about the film.

I've changed my desktop.. found a nice wallpaper pic of Bruce Wayne/Christian Bale on the official site.
                              sigpic

Comment

I've got those too but I can never decide what I want on my desktop, so I put it on rotate and every now and then I get a nice Batman surprise

Comment

Working...
                                X