• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid
    Erm...no they weren't.

1986 -- Luxo, Jr
    1989 -- The Abyss
    1991 -- T-1000 (liquid form in the process of solidifying)
    1993 -- Jurassic Park dinosaurs
    1994 -- ReBoot
    1995 -- Casper (film)
    1995 -- Toy Story
    1997 -- Scorpion, Part I
    *burns magazine that provided said misinformation*

OK, then definitely Yoda.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Smeagol/Gollum hands down, but its a real shock to find out how much of him relies on Andy Serkis acting skills rather than CGI.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Gollum was good
        yoda was also pretty awsome especially in the fighting scene. I also like the robots in IRobots they were well done.

Comment

I gotta go with the big man.....

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
            Nim from Surface. He'd make a great pet.
            I'm with you on this. I've seen equal or better animated creatures but none I've loved as much. He makes the cutest sounds.

That squirrel from Ice Age is pretty cool too.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
              I gotta go with the big man.....

He was mostly done with animatronics, if that spelt right.

Comment

Nim....deffinatly Nim...the noise, the cuteness, the tail....NimRod
                Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
                  He was mostly done with animatronics, if that spelt right.
                  Auto..... erotic.... erotica?

And yes, so were the Raptors and most of the dinosaurs.

But several sequences were done fully with CGI.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                    Auto..... erotic.... erotica?

And yes, so were the Raptors and most of the dinosaurs.

But several sequences were done fully with CGI.
                    Hmm, does the CGI character have to be fully CGI or just have been portrayed with CGI in at least one scene? Or perhaps a certain percentage of the portrayal has to be CGI? Such specifics would be useful.

I'm personally not sure if creatures that spent a significant amount of time being portrayed by animatronics count. I'd count Yoda though, since the last 3 movies (in chronological order of production) have had him fully CGI (at least as far as I know).
                    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Gollum all the way-

Comment

Those weird bug things from king kong that look like slugs with HUGE teeth and that just eat all the members of the team. Does anybody know what there called?

Comment

They Looked Like Giant Leeches, I CALLED THEM SLEECHES
                          anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

What's amazing about the Jurrasic Park T-rex is how in the first movie, the lighting and texture detail of the skin was even more amazingly real than the more recent Jurrassic Park III! I have no idea how they did it, but it was incredible, even when you consider it was the first of it's kind in CG animation. That one scene especially when he breaks out of the paddock.

I'm a big sucker for correct anatomy and movement, so anything from Jurrassic Park makes me smile in glee. That and the Hulk, he was done very well.

But some of my favorite CG characters as far as just looking at them goes, I'm going Disney, the Iquanadons from Dinosaur. By tottaly ignoring the plot-line (which makes me cringe insanely), and kinda brushing aside some of the lighting and texture rendering, I just love watching Aladar move and run.

Comment

That robot from "I, Robot" looked very nice.

Comment

In terms of earliest, Tron was 1982 and the whole "inside the computer" section was CGI. For my part, I go with Smeagol / Gollum as well, although he was certainly "animated" by an amazing acting job .......

Comment

Working...
                                X