Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power Rangers - What would you classify them as?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As soon as Lord Zed left the series was dead to me

I actually did go to see the first movie though, and that was crap! I was dragged by friends...I swear!

Comment

Is it still the same actors?=)

Comment

Same actors? For which series, haha...
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

WOW... as much as some people laugh at the Power Rangers, it has proven itself to be a durable marketing marathon and a real success at that. While other stuff like Pokemon has faded by the wayside, look what we've got here!

Another phenom I see rising is this thing called Neopets, virtual pets. I remember they started with a crap-bang really shoddy website, but they persisted and endured... and now they have their own glossy magazine, their own plush REAL versions of the pets (as real as they won't move I guess ), and so much more. It's been a merchandising rise taking place over, like, 5 years or so. Wowza.
          Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
          more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

The power rangers switched actors more times than Law and Order, but that's to be expected - it's hard finding people that stay 17 forever.

Comment

The series that changed dramatically, getting a whole new set of power rangers cast, but still the same power rangers, was like Turbo i think, there was like 3 blue rangers, a teen from the original PR, a kid that was introduced in the movie, and i think Carlos was a blue ranger as well, until the series turned into 'Lost in Space' where he turned into the black ranger, gosh, very complicated stuff!

Comment

I believe the technical term for a show with Power Rangerish aspects is "Sentai."

I could care less though, its so cheesy, but I love it. I am glad they brought Tommy back, it gives me a good excuse to watch the newest one
                "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

I know what you mean by 'cheezy' especially the line that Tommy uses, a little bit too much, well, actually i forgot the exact line, but he says something about the power within you, i forgot! but i know he says it alot, acting likes hes Zordon, pss... Haha...

Comment

I'll try to remeber all the incarnations of power rangers that I know of.

1. Mighty morphing Power Rangers (original) ,2. Power Rangers Zero, 3.Power Rangers Turbo,4. Power Rangers in space,5. Power Rangers Lost galaxy,6. Power Rangers Lightspeed rescue,7. Power Rangers Time Force,8. Power Rangers Wild Force, 9. Power Rangers Ninja Force , 10. Power Rangers Dino Thunder. I might be missing one,Then you add the two motion pictures.They make a new power ranger series every year now unlike when it first aired when the original had 3 seasons and then Turbo had 2 seasons they all exist for one season and then change to a new cast and incarnation now.

I stoped watching after Time Force, I barely even watch that show to be honnest, Its embarrasing since I was in high school when Time Force first aired, But since I was into those wierd japanese pocket and digital monster craze even in grade 7 when Pokemon was at its peek those shows came after Power Rangers so I watched it occasionaly waiting for Digimon.Some Dorks in grade 10 were still trading pokemon cards and playing the gameboy game.

Got to admit kids shows are pretty charming to watch even my sister who is 25 and married still watches Bugs Bunny religously I dont know if it because she babysits kids so much she suddenly had a taste for their shows.

Power Rangers has gone on way to long! I dont know why they dont just show reruns of the original shows? The Kids who started the power ranger generation are all near or Finnished high school and obviously dont watch such a retarded show anymore.They got so many why make new ones when your just gonna copy and paste the same old stories over and over?

Another thing all that hype in the media back in what 1992-1993 about Power Rangers being too violent and turning kids into phycho killing machines is rediculous when you think about it now.Look at how much crap kids watch now compared to what we watched all the way back into the early 90's? Shows are more graphic and sexual now even the kids shows. A bit of Kung FU and Ninja chops is no big deal as the kids grew out of it eventually and especially since just talking about it would make you get laughed at by other kids.

My parents eventually baned me from watching Power Rangers as a kid seeing all those News stories about how kids will have demonic possesion watching it , Didnt stop me from watching it behind their back at freinds houses,But If I was watching it today they probaily would say thats way to kiddy for a guy who is almost 18 and their right , I should have stoped watching it after grade 5 and not by the time I was in High school.

I would clasify Power Rangers as Sci fi /Fantasy hybred.
                    The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

I'd classify them as...DUMB! I liked em when I was a little kid but no more!! NO MORE!! need I say more?
                      *Mckay* We tried other things first.
                      *Sheppard smiling* I shot him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zalax Zal
                        I'd classify them as...DUMB! I liked em when I was a little kid but no more!! NO MORE!! need I say more?
                        We kind of already gone with the classification that i was a kid show, haha... But i guess your right in a meaner way than we said it, haha...

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                          We kind of already gone with the classification that i was a kid show, haha... But i guess your right in a meaner way than we said it, haha...
                          It has been classified in my house as "JPS" buy my 4 and 6 yr olds... "Just Plain Silly"...

Comment

That show is silliness.
                            Last edited by aschen; 07 August 2004, 01:17 PM.

Comment

I think they aren't even trying to be silly these days, i think its just natural for the show to be like that, or in other words, "jps", haha...

Comment

neopets become the show, digimon, still on ABC family but kewl about 5-6 years ago

Comment

Working...
                                X