Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just adore Dead Like Me. I will be soooo thrilled if they do a movie(just hope it doesn't disappoint). No Mandy Patinkin is a bummer. He was like a father to all of them and will be missed.

Yes, I think Laura Allen, who played Daisy Adair, has another show now too. I don't know about the guy who plays Mason or the woman who plays Roxy.

Comment

Mason ! I forgot everyones names, he's on Showtimes "The Tutors" about King Henry the 8th.

Comment

I'd love to see the return of this show. While it is sad that Mandy Patinkin can't be in it, I believe the wonderful concept and originality of this show will carry it through even with some new faces.

Comment

I've heard that the gal who played Crystal has confirmed (she posted herself on a DLM forum), along with Ellen. Haven't heard about the others but I hope they can get as many as possible.

My feeling is Rube will have met his quota and moved on (which would explain his absence). Maybe George is handing out the post-its now.

EDIT:

Just saw this!

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristi...n#commentstart
          Last edited by FoolishPleasure; 13 July 2007, 05:14 AM. Reason: update

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

season 1 was cool, never saw season 2, was it any good?
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
              season 1 was cool, never saw season 2, was it any good?
              Season 2 was just as good, if not better. You find out more about what the gravlings are, delve into more backstory on the other reapers (especially Rube), meet a boy who is a reaper for beloved pets, and the Halloween episode was especially cool! Rent the season if you can.

Comment

Season 2 of Dead Like Me is great. And you do get more background on the characters. I've seen both seasons of DLM really cheap too.

Comment

Even if he is off his new TV show they already started filming the movie, Rube's replacement is already hired and everything. Rube isn't coming back.

Comment

From http://www.moviehole.net/news/200707...dead_like.html

“When Calvin Kane, a slick businessman who couldn't care less about helping the newly dead, takes over Rube's [the character played by Patinkin] Head Reaper duties, all hell breaks loose, bringing out the worst in Daisy, Roxy, and Mason. George, however, is determined to set her latest, botched reap right, especially because the boy who was supposed to die, Hudson Hart, is her little sister Reggie's secret boyfriend. In the process, George and Reggie re-connect for real, for the first time.”

By the way Daisy is going to be recasted. I don't like that.
                    sigpic
                    My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

OMG! I loved this show and am SOO glad it's coming back (movie or tv). Although I think I'm gonna have to rewatch both seasons. I hate watching a new season of something and not remembering exactly what happened before hand. I know freaky.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Damn I was afraid Daisy wouldn't make it back.

Could they possible pick a worst time to make this movie? The actress playing Daisy is in a TV pilot that will most likely fail and Rube might not be on that show any longer. They couldn't have waited another year to make it?

Comment

Yay! I absolutely love DLM. Brilliant show. Glad to hear that it's getting a chance to come back out and reach more people. Can't wait!

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                          Completely OT, but as a huge Criminal Minds fan, that puts me on edge a little.

Though, even if Mandy isn't coming back to DLM full time, it'd free up a bit of his time to do a cameo or something. Eeek, I'm conflicted about that news.

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                          From http://www.moviehole.net/news/200707...dead_like.html

“When Calvin Kane, a slick businessman who couldn't care less about helping the newly dead, takes over Rube's [the character played by Patinkin] Head Reaper duties, all hell breaks loose, bringing out the worst in Daisy, Roxy, and Mason. George, however, is determined to set her latest, botched reap right, especially because the boy who was supposed to die, Hudson Hart, is her little sister Reggie's secret boyfriend. In the process, George and Reggie re-connect for real, for the first time.”

By the way Daisy is going to be recasted. I don't like that.
                          It actually sounds like an interesting concept. It could end up working really well. Especially if they wrap up a bit of the story with Rube and connect it with his s2 arc. Which might contrast things really well and would wrap up loose ends for long time fans ... hmmm.

As for Dasiy and recasting ... I wish they didn't have to but I think I'm gonna wait to see how they recast the role. It could be ok.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                          "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Oh no!!! A different Daisy. That sucks. I hope the replacements are really good. So Mason and Roxy will be the original actors???

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                              Oh no!!! A different Daisy. That sucks. I hope the replacements are really good. So Mason and Roxy will be the original actors???
                              For now, yes.

Mason however is on The Tutors so we shall see. But I don't htink his role is very large.

Comment

Mason, Roxy, Reggie, George's mom, and Crystal are returning. Since Crystal is there, George must still be with Happy Time. I hope Dolores returns!

Comment

Working...
                                X