No announcement yet.

Replicators vs Borg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pheonix and I have been locked in combat about this for ages, in the wider context of the epic 84 page Gate ships vs Trek ships thread.

There is a lot of conflicting evidence out there, some of which paints both franchises in a favourable light, and some of which doesn't. I interpret the evidence to mean that Stargate ships enjoy far superior weapons and shields, and therefore the Replicators win.
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield- Tennyson
    http://darthtimon.wix.com/meerkatmusings
    http://meerkatmusings.co.uk/

Comment

I just don't see how can each side win

its very possible that they will both attempt to assimilate each other and eventually absorb both technologies at witch point they will become one

Comment

The Borg nanites can assimilate technology too, not just living beings.
        But then the Replicators were able to learn the Asgard ships technology, so they can take control over the Borg ships too.

Comment

Originally posted by boxdudea View Post
          If the Borg from the Star Trek universe meet the Replicators I would like to know who would win if they ever got into a fight with each other? And Chuck Norris can't save the day.
          Replicators: they have the ability to investigate and adapt at a pretty decent rate. They can infer and collect data themselves.
          The Borg fails to have that ability to deduce or investigate at any significant level (all they do is assimilate knowledge): I recall an alien species (Undine) that nearly annihilated them... if it weren't for Janeway and her starship (which utilized deductive reasoning and critical thinking to create a suitable weapon to annihilate the Undine)

Comment

Originally posted by fenlou View Post
            Replicators: they have the ability to investigate and adapt at a pretty decent rate. They can infer and collect data themselves.
            The Borg also have the ability to investigate and adapt.
            Though the Borg usually gain new technology through assimilation they can alter strategy and improve their tech themselves to become better assimilators, Seven proved this by changing the shields of their ships to absorb a modulating phaser pulse to basically change the weapons from pass through the shields to being stopped entirely.

The Borg fails to have that ability to deduce or investigate at any significant level (all they do is assimilateknowledge): I recall an alien species (Undine) that nearly annihilated them... if it weren't for Janeway and her starship (which utilized deductive reasoning and critical thinking to create a suitable weapon to annihilate the Undine)
            This is no different to people thinking or taking one approach to using knowledge.
            The Borg already had the technology to affect species 8472 (undine isn't a canon name for them, it's in Star Trek online, not ST eps or movies).
            Hell in Endgame the borg adapted to Transphasic torpedoes, they were passing through the shields and then when Voyager was traveling through the transwarp conduit they weren't working.
            Voyager's armor also wasn't working as well.

The fact that a completely different kind of lifeform to anything they'd previously faced could stump them is not proof they can't adjust tactics or technology.
            They still analyze and make adjustments.

Comment

When the BORG first appeared on TNG, that was the most awesome enemy I ever saw! I remember being amazed on how "scared" I was, maybe because it was an enemy that appeared to not be defeatable.

I never felt afraid of the replicators. I always thought of roaches! yes they were a formable enemy.

I was upset when TNG made "nice" Borg.

Comment

Originally posted by Aewon View Post
                Borg cubes can be destroyed by Federation weapons. They'd never stand a chance against the Asgard, let alone the Replicators. We're talking about a civilization that's been around for less than a thousand years against one that's possibly been around for millions of years. The Borg might have assimilated some species that are a few thousand years more advanced than the Federation, but I'm willing to bet that any civilization that's been exploring space for, say, 100,000 years or more are simply out of their league.
                Borg cubes can be destroied by fleets of federation ships, not individuals, and the federation has compareable weapons technology to the asgard

Comment

Originally posted by Aewon View Post
                  I've always believed that the Replicators can't adapt to bullets/grenades because they're not energy, so there's no way they can create an immunity against it.
                  Human replicators are immune to bullets. I think that the Replicators can't adapt simply because they need a weakness. The goa'uld possess personal kinetic shields. The replicators would be able to reproduce this.

Originally posted by Captain10000 View Post
                  Borg cubes can be destroied by fleets of federation ships, not individuals, and the federation has compareable weapons technology to the asgard
                  Borg cubes can be destroyed by individuals (eg Icheb in Voyager).
                  Last edited by Inquisitor; 21 December 2013, 11:03 PM.

Comment

the big thing everyone is forgetting is when the Replicators meet the Borg. Early on the replicators will be in limited numbers, the more time that passes means less chance the Borg will win. 30% of a planet's crust will be Replicators in a few centuries, that's a lot of replicators mind you.

Comment

Well this is an old thread......

Comment

I think they would unite and go on about their business of annihilating planets and assimilating new technologies and species.

If they fight it would probably the end of both species or a close extinction. Both species deductive reasoning would prevent such event from occurrence, therefore they would most likely unite like I stated before.

That's the most diplomatic answer I could think of as a fan of both shows.
                        sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

The Borg are incredibly tough and resilient, but I give this one to the replicators.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm of the opinion (as clearly shown in my previous posts!) that the Replicators would defeat the Borg. I would be far more scared to see a Borg drone walk in to the room than a Replicator though.
                            To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield- Tennyson
                            http://darthtimon.wix.com/meerkatmusings
                            http://meerkatmusings.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                            X