Replicators vs Borg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by locutes View Post
    WRONG a threat or a target. And I honestly believe that once the Borg Nanoprobes enter a Replicator body they will be eaten by the replicators, but in the long run the Borg and replicators will merge. And then you have an enemy worthy of respect.
    Replicator nanites < Dr Weirs immune system
    Borg nanoprobes = Unstoppable according to 24th century medicine

Borg nanoprobes would destroy the replicators.
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

in the beginning they might. But in the long run, the replicators will have got the knowledge from the borg and the borg from them. That and the replies will take over a cube sooner or later and they will most likely merge.

www.darkarmada.nl
      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

in the beginning they might. But in the long run, the replicators will have got the knowledge from the borg and the borg from them. That and the replies will take over a cube sooner or later and they will most likely merge.
        I doubt they'd merge. Why would they? Once the Borg assimilate the replicators there's no going back, the Borg could build their own replicator like machines designed to destroy the first Replicators.

They take over a cube and the queen will destroy it.
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

When the borg make their own replicators they will have effectively merged.

www.darkarmada.nl
          www.runescape.com

Comment

When the borg make their own replicators they will have effectively merged.
            Not really, a merger would require both the Borg and Replicators to join forces and become one race. Its more of an application of assimilated technology...or a forced merger if the Replicators themselves are assimilated into the collective.

Comment

that will happen then because those borg version replicators will connect wilth the normal replicators and they'll merge that way. the hive mind and the replicators mind will merge

www.darkarmada.nl
              www.runescape.com

Comment

Replicators are on-organic and Borg are partially organic. If they merged then they would pretty much remain Borg, which is unlikely.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                  Replicator nanites < Dr Weirs immune system
                  Borg nanoprobes = Unstoppable according to 24th century medicine

Borg nanoprobes would destroy the replicators.
                  Borg nanoprobes flow through the blood stream right? Replicators are machine, what would the Borg nanoprobes do?
                  sigpic

Comment

Remember, the Replicator nanites are made to actally destroy Wraith, that's what they are designed for. Borg nanites are made for taking over a victims body. The technologies are widely different.

My Controls · Edit Signature · Edit Avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                      Borg nanoprobes flow through the blood stream right? Replicators are machine, what would the Borg nanoprobes do?
                      True that, nanoprobes have been shown to be very versatile, able to infect technology and modify it almost instantly. I think injected into the replicators they would attack the nanites.

Comment

The Borg have thousands of ships in the Delta Quadrant. While it would appear they were losing to the Replicators at first when they loose ship after ship, what they would actually be doing is just throwing ship after ship at the replicators, treating each ship as expendable. Using this strategy, the Borg would eventually figure out how to adapt to the Replicators and would probably proceed with destroying, rather than assimilating, them.
                        That is just my two cents.

Comment

Replicators in all forms would domiante the Borg! Assimilate this! Spider-form to human-forms, Replicators are always awesome.

Comment

I can't see how Borg nanoites would transport themselves inside replicators. I also can't see them merging. I think the borg will see that you can't assimilate the replicators, so basicly it will be a fight to the death. Initially the replicators will surprise them and have the upper hand. Eventually the Borg will adopt and then they'll hit the replicators with something that will surprise them, and after a while the replicators will adopt...... and ever circular we go. It won't end until one or both are wiped out. that's why I can't really pick a winner. They are both very similar in their ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
                              I can't see how Borg nanoites would transport themselves inside replicators. I also can't see them merging. I think the borg will see that you can't assimilate the replicators, so basicly it will be a fight to the death. Initially the replicators will surprise them and have the upper hand. Eventually the Borg will adopt and then they'll hit the replicators with something that will surprise them, and after a while the replicators will adopt...... and ever circular we go. It won't end until one or both are wiped out. that's why I can't really pick a winner. They are both very similar in their ways.
                              I have to agree on most points but I recon the Replicators would win out they are a lot more devious than the Borg. They would figure out how to comunicate with all the ships pretty quick that or just consume everything

Comment

Originally posted by therandom View Post
                                I'd think because of the.. power the Replicator's have access to, a war between them and the Borg would start very, very badly for the Borg. But, as it's been stated- the Borg excel at adapting. They would adapt to the technology of the Replicators and, if they were not wiped out fast, would quite possibly destroy the replicators.

Numbers wise, it can be assumed the replicators (Asurans-wise) are low- population wise. They've taken blows as of 'late'. The Borg, however... we're not sure about them. Canonically speaking, they have massive numbers. Ships, 'people', etc.. Point is, at first the Replicators would lay waste due to (I believe) superior tech. But the Borg would adapt, and with greater numbers, Win.
                                If we assume that the Star Trek novels are canon, or at least quasi-canon, we know as a fact that the Borg have thousands of cubes. In the Destiny trilogy, they send a fleet of seven thousand cubes (no joke!) to invade the Alpha Quadrant. And that's only a small portion of what they have. Voyager didn't destroy the Borg, they just destroyed their transwarp hub and their capability to reach the Alpha Quadrant easily (they obviously found a new way to do it in Destiny, I won't mention how, read it!). As mentioned earlier, they just sent cube after cube as cannon fodder to be destroyed by the transphasic torpedoes, eventually adapting to the torpedoes - the Federation's only line of defense against them. That's what they would do to the replicators.

Most of you assume that the Borg would try to assimilate the replicators. I think that they would try, but when they would be unable to, they would just simply eradicate them. Now the Replicators would put up a good fight, but given what I just stated regarding the Borg numbers, and what another just stated regarding Replicator numbers in an earlier post, the Replicators just don't have enough numbers to wipe the Borg out. The Borg would eventually adapt to the Replicators and then they'd pretty much be screwed.

Now the Milky Way bug replicators would try to eat away the Borg ships like they did everything else, but here's the thing, the Borg ships themselve would fight back and probably come up with some sort of defense. As its been mentioned by myself and others, the Borg have an amazing ability to adapt to anything given time.

I'm actually revising this...I think that while the Borg would have a good chance at winning, if the Replicators adapt as fast as the Borg can then I think that both sides would eventually wipe themselves out.
                                That is just my two cents.

Comment

Working...
                                X