This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    One of my favorite ships of all is Michael/Lisa on Now & Again. The premise is that a man is (almost) killed in an accident and his brain is transplanted into a younger, stronger (and altogether hotter) gengineered-to-be-perfect body as part of a secret government project. The only catch is, he is (or WAS) married... and he can never have contact with his family again- as far as the outside world is concerned, Michael is dead. He keeps trying anyway, of course, and while HE knows who he really is (and we the audience know) his wife/widow doesn't- she just sees some crazy young man following her around and trying to be "helpful"... and yet she still finds herself strangely drawn to him. It was a great twist on the usual romance angle and I loved it. And it helped that Eric Close and Margaret Colin had great chemistry.
    I can't believe me of all people is posting in a shipper type thread I admit I'm not really a shipper.

Yeah, I remember Now and Again. That was an excellent programme I initially watched the show because of his superhuman abilities. Then I realised the entire show revolved around Michael and Lisa and their past relationship. I loved watching those interactions with each other... it made for some great comedy moments Eric Close and Margaret Colin certainly did have great chemistry. On-screen relationships only work if the actors have good chemistry imo. For example, Ben Affleck and J-Lo definitely did not!
    Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 12 December 2005, 09:31 AM.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
      My favorite romances?

I loved the romance between the Highlander and that French woman in the Highlander show, they had SPARKS all the time. Great chemistry.

Browder/Black in FarScape, again, great chemistry.

Buffy/Angel/Spike. Again, chemistry up the wazoo.
      Sam/Jack- I got it from the beginning and still works for me.

Duncan and Tessa fr Highlander tv series, yes. (*gulp* I'm agreeing with a Lord Shiva romance...help )

Angle/Buffy (no Spike in that mix for me)- really well done beginning, middle and ending

Aeryn/Chricton - dynamic couple

Wash/Zoe- cause their love shined like a star -

Just sayin', *sigh*
      MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
      sigpic
      Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
        Angle/Buffy (no Spike in that mix for me)- really well done beginning, middle and ending
        Yup. Buffy sure did love her angles.

Lopez/Shiela was always a good, entertaining little romance.

LOPEZ: Hola.
        SHIELA: Hello. My name is Shiela, the M808V Main Battle Tank.
        LOPEZ: Soy Lopez, el pesado.
        SHIELA: Lopez...waht a nice name for such a nice soldier.

Comment

Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese - It was destiny, a predestination paradox. John Connor sent Kyle Reese back so that Reese and Sarah can conceive John.

Comment

I'm not very lucky with SciFi romances bc mostly I see the connection between people other don't or it's just impossible that they'll come together...but here is my top-list:

Elizabeth/John: I'm very positive about these two

Jack/Sam: Not anymore as positive but hope never fades...

Jean/Wolverine: I know the end of the comics but I still prefer Logan over the other guy

Mulder/Scully: My first ship

Beka/Dylan: I think they'd be a really nice pair...

Comment

Captain Kirk and whatever female alien of the week..
              Sci-Fi romance if ever I've seen it.

Comment

I have to echo what some others on this thread have already said. When I think of greatest scifi romances, from the movies and shows that I've seen, anyway, I immediately think John/Aeryn. No one else, IMO, even comes close. That was epic.

After those two, I would put Han/Leia.

Sarah Connor/Kyle Reese is a good one too. I hadn't thought of them but theirs was a great as well, in part because of the whole destiny/tragedy thing, but they also had smokin' chemistry.

After that, I'm stuck. I've enjoyed a lot of scifi romances, but there aren't any others that I would label "great". Most were fun, or sweet, or a little melodramatic. A couple were cringe-inducing, for me anyway, but that happens.

Threads like this always remind me of movies/shows/books that I haven't had the chance to experience yet though.

*Wanders off to add a few items to my Christmas list.*

Comment

Working...
                X