This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimilarCadence
    After watching The Abyss last night, I'm also adding Bud and Lindsey to my list---I'd forgotten what a great couple they were......
    So true. I loved these two as well. They were great together.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

my list:

sam/jack. this is my number ONE fave couple of all time!

troi/riker.

han/leia.

worf/dax.

mulder/scully.

nick/natalie (forever night).

buffy/spike.

angel/cordy.

bud/lindsay.

buck/wilma (buck rogers).

major west/judy (lost in space).

starbuck/Cassiopeia (original battlestar galactica).

dr heller/alonzo (earth 2).

janeway/chakotay.

kirk/rand (original star trek).

i think that's all for now.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        my list:

sam/jack. this is my number ONE fave couple of all time!

troi/riker.

han/leia.

worf/dax.

mulder/scully.

nick/natalie (forever night).

buffy/spike.

angel/cordy.

bud/lindsay.

buck/wilma (buck rogers).

major west/judy (lost in space).

starbuck/Cassiopeia (original battlestar galactica).

dr heller/alonzo (earth 2).

janeway/chakotay.

kirk/rand (original star trek).

i think that's all for now.

sally
        Im happy you put in parenthesis where the characters are from, because wow, i never heard of Forever Knight.
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
          ...i never heard of Forever Knight.
          You've really missed out then. Forever Knight was great.

Janeway and Chakotay????

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

My favorite romances?

I loved the romance between the Highlander and that French woman in the Highlander show, they had SPARKS all the time. Great chemistry.

Browder/Black in FarScape, again, great chemistry.

Buffy/Angel/Spike. Again, chemistry up the wazoo.

Comment

For me it's John and Aeryn from Farscape. They had it all and it was epic.

Comment

My favourite SF ship is Wash/Zoe, but I wouldn't call it a romance. A romance is more like Aeryn/John, where the relationship takes on storylines of its own. There were setbacks, and at times it looked like a no-go. But there is a happy ending for them, and in that sense it's not just a romance, but romantic too I s'pose.

Madeleine

Comment

Why has no one mentioned Church and Tex?!? That's gotta be one of the best ships of all time!

CHURCH: From now on, if anyone's gonna make my girlfriend cranky and moody, its gonna be me!
                  TEX: Aww, Church, that's so sweet.
                  CHURCH: Shut up, b****.
                  TEX: A**hole.

Ahh...can't you feel the love? All the time-travelling and the quests and the robot-killing...

Comment

Since Lost technically counts as Sci-fi...

Kate/Sawyer

Charlie/claire

Mal/Inara (Aw...)

Leia/Han (Just, so well done! )

Tom/ B'Elanna (Took me 3 goes to spell her name right...)

Daniel/Vala (So much Dala fun!)

I havan't seen Buffy or Angel yet...so, no shipping from there.

Maybe i'll think of more, maybe I won't...hmm.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                      Relationships seem to work if, the couple had a relationship in the past (Bud and Lindsey), or they hated each other at first (Han and Leia).
                      I think it's because it helps make it seem more realistic. With a past/continuing relationship, just knowing there's a background (even if you don't necessarily see it), helps to establish the characters.

One of my favorite ships of all is Michael/Lisa on Now & Again. The premise is that a man is (almost) killed in an accident and his brain is transplanted into a younger, stronger (and altogether hotter) gengineered-to-be-perfect body as part of a secret government project. The only catch is, he is (or WAS) married... and he can never have contact with his family again- as far as the outside world is concerned, Michael is dead. He keeps trying anyway, of course, and while HE knows who he really is (and we the audience know) his wife/widow doesn't- she just sees some crazy young man following her around and trying to be "helpful"... and yet she still finds herself strangely drawn to him. It was a great twist on the usual romance angle and I loved it. And it helped that Eric Close and Margaret Colin had great chemistry.

And the hate angle works, too. It's used a lot more and it can be very trite if done wrong, but when you get it right it's wonderful to watch. Relationships aren't easy- they aren't all sunshine and roses and they don't all happen instantaneously. Or perfectly. Most real relationships, from what little I've seen, tend to be messy, and the hate-turns-to-love reflects that.

Comment

Originally posted by SimilarCadence
                        After watching The Abyss last night, I'm also adding Bud and Lindsey to my list---I'd forgotten what a great couple they were......
                        Yeah, the scene where Bud refuses to give up on CPR...it really makes you wonder if more people would be saved if everyone tried that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichton
                          Yeah, the scene where Bud refuses to give up on CPR...it really makes you wonder if more people would be saved if everyone tried that hard.
                          I had forgotten just how good that movie was until I saw it the other night. Definitely an awesome couple, in the end anyways.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the_cadpig
                            And the ulimate romance?

Catherine / Vincent (Beauty and the Beast) (So romantic it was practically Harlequin. It was brief (2 1/2 years... well, 2 yrs, technically. If you know the show at all, you'll know what I mean) and not many remember this one, but I watched it every Friday. It was unique for a series. I haven't seen anything like it on TV since and wish desperately it would come out on DVD)

~cp
                            *sigh* Me too!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Y'know, I never saw how the last episode ended. I was ordered to bed by my evil parents. I DID smuggle my walkman into bed and at the very very low end of the band the audio broadcast for channel six (where the show aired) was available, but it's hard to make sense of JUST the audio if you can't put it into context and I think I got busted by my dad halfway through because I never heard the end. Or maybe I gave up in frustration, hearing lots of yelling and scuffling and not being able to figure any of it out.

I'm not interested in the show anymore, but that always kinda niggled at me.

Other good scifi romances, hmm... Ned/Verity in To Say Nothing of the Dog. One of my top five favorite books. Lots of wonderful and wacky elements and a romance threaded through it which is classy and comical at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                Y'know, I never saw how the last episode ended. I was ordered to bed by my evil parents. I DID smuggle my walkman into bed and at the very very low end of the band the audio broadcast for channel six (where the show aired) was available, but it's hard to make sense of JUST the audio if you can't put it into context and I think I got busted by my dad halfway through because I never heard the end. Or maybe I gave up in frustration, hearing lots of yelling and scuffling and not being able to figure any of it out.
                                Those last couple of episodes blurred together for me, and I can't remember exactly what happened, either. All the more reason for the DVD!

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                Other good scifi romances, hmm... Ned/Verity in To Say Nothing of the Dog. One of my top five favorite books. Lots of wonderful and wacky elements and a romance threaded through it which is classy and comical at the same time.
                                I hesitate to admit it, but I just couldn't get into that book. I'm finding that the only Connie Willis novels that I like are the ones she wrote with Cynthia Felice. Have you read any of those? "Promised Land" was really quite good. It had a rather gentle love story that took a while to develop, but had a very satisfying ending. I do like her short story collections, though--so I can't be totally hopeless, right?

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Working...
                                X