Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ack! This is driving me crazy! Is he a good guy or a bad guy? Is he stumbling along trying to figure out what he is, or is he the mastermind behind some nefarious plan? *sigh*

Anyway, I thought this was one of the best episodes yet. I loved the background of the plane crash and its aftermath. I thought Merial talking to Larkin was very touching. They've gone an interesting direction with Tom being vital and MUST not be killed. I'm quite looking forward to next week.

Were there previews? If there were, I must have missed them somehow.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Hmmm--this is an interesting review of Invasion:

http://www.tvguide.com/TV/Watercooler/

scroll down to the bottom for the Invasion review (and vote, too!).

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Comment

After last night's episode I've concluded that while Larkin is still an idiot she made a small recovery near the end of this episode, only to convert Kira to her idiot ways next week ( if the previews are any indicator). Oh... there were previews, you missed them. Kira was shown asking why she hasn't been body snatched... the ninny apparently thinks its a rite of passage.

But ignoring Kira for a moment, how the hell did Larkin figure that reporting on this situation would have a positive outcome for anyone? Does she not think she's a member of this combined family or is she just that selfish and dumb?

I felt like I was waiting all this time for them FINALLY to do this flashback with Underlay and Mariel, which incidentally didn't explain much of anything, despite being very interesting and well overdue. I'll be expecting more of that in the future.

I got the feeling near the end, that creepy former millitary guy was lying about his reasons for wanting Underlay alive. I think he's in on the wierdness.

As for Mariel, did she really fall for that 'one rose in a box is all I have in my uber-padlocked secret room with rows and rows of curiously empty shelf space? If she did she needs a smack with the smart stick because the few moments she's spent with Larkin has obviously taken its toll.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

It's funny that during invasion they aired an Excedrin commercial featuring the creepy hybrid girl that killed her mother in law.

Larkin keeps touching her stomach as if she's got this gigantic baby bump... maybe she does and it's just invisible to the rest of us. There should be a lesson for all actors playing pregnant and it should consist of one rule: Your stomach is not an arm rest so lay off. We'll still believe you're pregnant even if you aren't constantly touching the bump.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Just when you think they've got all the plot points in place, they throw a few more at you. I wasn't paying close enough attention--did that Dave critter die? I wonder how this new wrinkle will affect Larkin and her reporter duties.

Oh man! I shrieked when Kira came out of Lewis's tent--I was not expecting that AT ALL. Did she say anything to her dad about Lewis's arm (or lack thereof)? I missed a little bit of the show.

I'm back to being confused (actually, I never left being confused)--do these hybrids really not know what they are? I can't figure the priest out--as a hybrid, does he still keep his old beliefs along with his memories? I didn't expect him as the shooter.

This wasn't the season finale was it? Has anyone heard if it is going to be renewed?

Sorry for all the questions--I always seem to have a lot after this show.

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
              Just when you think they've got all the plot points in place, they throw a few more at you. I wasn't paying close enough attention--did that Dave critter die? I wonder how this new wrinkle will affect Larkin and her reporter duties.

Oh man! I shrieked when Kira came out of Lewis's tent--I was not expecting that AT ALL. Did she say anything to her dad about Lewis's arm (or lack thereof)? I missed a little bit of the show.

I'm back to being confused (actually, I never left being confused)--do these hybrids really not know what they are? I can't figure the priest out--as a hybrid, does he still keep his old beliefs along with his memories? I didn't expect him as the shooter.

This wasn't the season finale was it? Has anyone heard if it is going to be renewed?

Sorry for all the questions--I always seem to have a lot after this show.
              yeah the Dave critter bit it, at least they pulled a blanket over it, so I would assume that it died

And yeah Kira knows that her dad asked Lewis to cut off his own arm again after getting it back in the water and now Kira is obsessed with what's in the water and wants to really find out.

I think the hybrids retain memories of who they were but are also different. Gone by what we saw last night, I would think the creatures in the water somehow incorporate the DNA and memories of those they take and then dispose of the bodies. Sort of like body snatchers.

It wasn't the season finale and I havn't heard anything about the show getting renewed but I think it does fairly decent numbers being behind Lost so I would expect it to come back.

Comment

I think they not only retain those memories but I think whatever they believed before is probably that much stronger now. I seriously doubt that the priest would ever have tried to kill anyone before. His and Lewis' beliefs have somehow intensified.

One of the aspects of the hybrids seems to be they're missing compassion and whatever it is that holds us back from bashing people over the head when they piss us off. Intellectually they know they shouldn't but in terms of conscience it doesn't seem to matter much. if they feel the need to kill, they just do.

It's so confusing trying to figure out what it is they know. I don't think it's a matter of knowledge but pure instinct. They know they're not like other humans and they recognize each other. Everything else seems to vary from person to person. Some are violent and lacking in conscience, some know they are different but not sure in what way. And for the moment, most seem to be react to new situations on instinct.

Comment

So what IS the deal with Kira? She is still fully clothed when brought out of the water and she has the sucker marks on her body. Neither of those would be true if she were transformed into a hybrid. Either something interrupted the process, or there was some reason they didn't want her. I wonder why her dad doesn't want her to be one of them.

And what is up with that psycho chick? I can't remember, was she nutso before she was transformed?

All in all, I was a bit disappointed with this episode--last week's was so strong, I suppose anything would have been a bit of a let down.

Comment

Maybe she has a genetic defect. In a lot of SciFi type of shows (ie. Spieces) they didn't want to interact with a person whom had a genetic defect. Maybe there will be 2 of her now like Dave?

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
                      So what IS the deal with Kira? She is still fully clothed when brought out of the water and she has the sucker marks on her body. Neither of those would be true if she were transformed into a hybrid. Either something interrupted the process, or there was some reason they didn't want her. I wonder why her dad doesn't want her to be one of them.

And what is up with that psycho chick? I can't remember, was she nutso before she was transformed?

All in all, I was a bit disappointed with this episode--last week's was so strong, I suppose anything would have been a bit of a let down.
                      I was thinking maybe her dad changed it years ago when she was still a little kid, young enough for her not to remember anything but grow up normal but still a hybrid?

Of course if what I just said isn't correct her dad not wanting her to become a hybrid, maybe he is just looking out for her? Afraid she might go crazy and kill herself?

Comment

I think Kira would know by now if she was a hybrid. They all seem to have an idea. An attraction to water would be a clue. But more importantly, when the Sheriff got body snatched, we don't know if there were any more lights in the water to do any more body snatching. If there were, there should have been another like him before now.

I also don't think he knew what the process entailed until recently.

I think some people aren't compatible, like that millitary guy in the hospital from the first episode or two. Of course this probably means there is another Kira out there somewhere.

As for psycho chick I think what happened to her isn't too abnormal They are who they were before the snatching just more intensely so and with fewer inhibitions and a definite bias for their species. ie. they don't much care about anything but their own. She hated her boss to begin with and now she has nothing holding her back from killing him.
                        Last edited by MarshAngel; 17 February 2006, 09:29 AM.

Comment

I like Invasion Like L-Jade said , it gives you little bits at a time and yes, it's slow but Lost is slow too and it is liked by many . we get to know about the characters in the meantime and the suspense and mystery is still there .
                          I prefered Threshold to be honest because I really liked the team and the character of Molly but it's cancelled . In the UK we saw the last 4 episodes unaired in the US and I must say , what a shame it got cancelled as it got better and better and better .
                          My number 1 show right now is LOST though
                          Then Invasion, Medium, CSI miami and CSI las vegas

Caty

Comment

i think the big question i haven't seen answered yet is: Why did these alien come to earth?

the reason being isnt clear, if you think in logical terms if humans could leave earth and do the same then why do it?, you would be quite happy to be yourself would you not, to say that these alien are experimenting is wrong, to snatch a body then become unsure of who or what you are is flawed, my theory is these beings of light are on the run of sorts, they are a few in numbers and are hiding on earth to escape, but what do they fear?

of course it could just be that they found earth and took humans by accident, their increasing numbers both in flodia brazil cuba are a cause for concern if they planned to invade, but why invade if your host cannot remember what you are?

very confusing but number 2 on my top list of TV.

1. stargate atlantis
                            2. Invasion
                            3. SG1
                            4. lost

For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Does anyone know what ratings does this show have?
                              Indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                                why invade if your host cannot remember what you are?
                                I keep wondering about that as well but I think that's thinking too complicated. "Invasion" as we're used to in scifi assumes they originally had an agenda before coming to Earth but I think it's more akin to an invasive species that eliminates any competition it can't live with. I think they're running purely on instinct.

From what I see, they're not like goa'uld with hidden agendas and complex domination plans. Whatever plans they have, are developing out of their natural instinct to stick together, protect their species, and procreate. ie. they're just fulfilling their biological imperative... go forth an multiply and all that.

Comment

Working...
                                X