Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't watch Threshold, and I didn't watch E-Ring or Surface. Those are basically the only new shows I haven't watched.

Invasion - ... slightly boring, probably will watch again out of lack of options.

Ghost Whisperer - it was okay. Kind of like a mix between Dead Like Me and Tru Calling except with no humor or time travel. A little too sappy for me, but I may watch again... Unless it's on the same time as another show, which it doesn't seem to be... *shrug*

Bones - it's pretty good. Not exactly 'OMG AWESOME!' but it's good. Shows aren't OMG awesome from the start (minus Stargate Atlantis and some others )

Wanted - Hehehe. I like this show alot. It's been two episodes and I really really like it. I was disappointed at the end of the first episode because that guy died, but it's really good.

Supernatural - only saw the first episode. Have the second episode on tape somewhere, should get around to watching it. I liked this mainly for Jensen Ackles. It's good, and I give it a chance.

Kitchen Confidential - Love this one. Bradley Cooper rocks, and this show is funny.

My Name Is Earl - funny, but Jason Lee needs a haircut and a shave.

... I think that's all I watched... *shrug*

I've been watching so much 24 and Charmed lately I don't really remember

I wasn't too sure about the season premiere of Lost, but it was good. The end made me stop and say, 'WTF?'

New episodes of House are awesome. I love House. He could so beat Rodney in a snark contest

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Invasion is invasion of the body snatchers on tv, it was too predictabe. granted there are a few new twists but overall this show was boring, i wont watch it.

Comment

I agree, its a pretty boring show. They should give us viewers something to show what is going one. except some funky lights.
        Maybe there are two kinds od aliens, like that light crap and those that take over people are two different aliens, maybe they don't even know about ech other. But i doubt that, since i don't think that the show is that inteligent.
        In fac ti think they are trying to draw everything out as much as possible ala x-files which never had anything like a conclusion.

Comment

Last night's episode was a definite improvement over the previous ones. I still don't remember the characters names because I'm not invested, but it definitely had its moments. There was some decent character development with the kids but at least one character should be killed off before he wrecks the show, and that would Mr. Paranoid nut job. He isn't amusing or cute, he's ANNOYING and useless.

Finally we have some confirmation that
          Spoiler:
          the Sheriff has definitely been body-snatched.. or something.
          oh look, something to be spoiled about. finally!

On the other hand it seems that the body snatched are just as confused about their supposed snatching as those suspicious of them. It makes for an odd sort of conspiracy.
          Last edited by MarshAngel; 13 October 2005, 09:48 AM.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I find Invasion is more watchable than Threshold (can't get past Data being NOT DATA and he's so smug there... IMO David McCallum does smug better in NCIS) or Surface (the woman doctor meh! wanna smack her head).
            Invasion unravelled more slowly, looks like going nowhere, but you just KNOW you don't know anything in there, isn't that what's (Alien) invasion is all about ? I like that I get a bit (teeny bit) of knowledge with every episode I've watched, it's infuriating sometimes, but love the little details ('Two become one" is written BEHIND the sherrif first wedding photo) and the tension between two ex-es & stepchildren seems 'normal', the little girl a bit annoying, but she's a little girl, she's expected to be annoying in the aftermath of a disaster, even adults do that.
            sigpic
            sig.by : lilferret

Comment

I've decided not to watch any of the new alien shows.

I'm watching Kitchen Confidential, Bones, Wanted, My Name is Earl, and Supernatural. And House, and Alias, and Lost, and Veronica Mars and... etc, etc

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
              Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I like Threshold. I think Invasion is ok. Worth watching for now, but not particulaly good. I thought it was meant to be sci fi, not a show about kids running off and getting lost.

Really at the moment they only have about 5 mins in an episode relating to the aliens and the rest is just nothing (unless they're building up to something- problem is, Lost does that really well and makes you want to see the next episode. Invasion doesn't.) Then of course another 10 minutes is set aside for that blonde woman to stare at water. And it doesn't make you think ''I wonder why she's doing that'' it's a case of GET ON WITH THE FRIKKIN PLOT!

Comment

I think I'm about to drop Invasion. Its just meh and I dont really like any of the characters. The whole thing is kinda meh. You know?
                  "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Anybody watch last night's episode?

They've been dribbling out information so slowly, that it felt like the episode just exploded with it. It was frustrating, though, because those two kidnappers obviously aren't telling everything they know.

And what about that alien thing with Lewis? Chilling! It makes me wonder quite how the whole thing works.

I also can't quite figure out how much each affected individual actually knows what's going on. The sherriff, the pastor...do they know what they are? Do they know or have any kind of plan? This show is so frustrating because I can't figure out what's going on AT ALL!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
                      Anybody watch last night's episode?

They've been dribbling out information so slowly, that it felt like the episode just exploded with it. It was frustrating, though, because those two kidnappers obviously aren't telling everything they know.

And what about that alien thing with Lewis? Chilling! It makes me wonder quite how the whole thing works.

I also can't quite figure out how much each affected individual actually knows what's going on. The sherriff, the pastor...do they know what they are? Do they know or have any kind of plan? This show is so frustrating because I can't figure out what's going on AT ALL!
                      Yeah.. I was considering resurrecting this thread for the same reason. As of the previous episode I was beyond frustrated and ready to smack Larkin and her idiot brother in some vain hope they'd either gain sense or get eaten.... unfortunately all available crocs were dead and rotting.

Last night was what I've been waiting for all this time. No more mystery wrapped in an enigma, covered by a conspiracy. Finally a little bit of clarity!

I finally have a slight clue what's going on! Before it aired I was complaining that I had no idea what was going on but at least I know a little something about tentacled sting ray fish thingies that birth new and improved people who incidentally seem just as confused as those who haven't been body-snatched... not exactly the kind of invasion one expects. You'd think thye'd have a plan.

It is really hard to figure out who knows what and how much. I thought the Sheriff was the conspiracy leader but he doesn't seem to know that much more than anyone else; he's just better at hiding what little he knows. As near as I can figure, he's an old generation snatchee and this new generation is different and he's nervous about it and he's trying to get control of the situation but he can't because he's not that certain what's going on either.

I hope this is a turning point for the show. I am tired of the vague mysterious chit chats that have deep inner meaning no one can grasp.

I could have done without paranoid idiot-boy's kidnapping. There was just something idiotic and time wasting about the whole thing. Besides, if I'd kidnapped him I'd have wrapped him in bacon and thrown him in the swamp. According to Nip/Tuck, the croc's like pork.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I thought it was quite chilling when the sheriff talked his deputy into chain sawing off his own arm!

I wonder whats different that none of the people have started killing themselves like they did everywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
                          I thought it was quite chilling when the sheriff talked his deputy into chain sawing off his own arm!

I wonder whats different that none of the people have started killing themselves like they did everywhere else.
                          Yeah, that was a bit disturbing. As much as having his arm back is wierd I just don't understand how he could be convinced to cut it off! Was he brain damaged in the war as well or is this a reflection of what has changed in him? or he takes the whole following orders of a superior officer really really seriously?

The problem I had with this show from the beginning is that they kept going on and on about how these people have "changed." But the problem is, we have no idea what they were like before. I'm guessing they don't want to rip Lost off completely and do the whole flashback thing but they really need to clear that up. I can't just accept that they've changed when I don't know what from.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative

I knew I forgot something! I kind of liked Lewis. He kept doing what he thought was the right thing and really making the Sheriff mad (silly man(?)). I think he kind of freaked the sheriff out a bit. I was trying to figure out if the actor playing Lewis really only had one arm, but I guess not. Do they achieve that with CGI, I wonder, or does the actor have the arm taped behind his back? I also wonder why they had that whole plot point to begin with. Sad.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                              The problem I had with this show from the beginning is that they kept going on and on about how these people have "changed." But the problem is, we have no idea what they were like before. I'm guessing they don't want to rip Lost off completely and do the whole flashback thing but they really need to clear that up. I can't just accept that they've changed when I don't know what from.
                              That doesn't really bother me so much--I'm perfectly willing to take their word for it that the people have changed. The thing that really irks me is the notion that they don't have any idea of where they're going with the plot. Are they aliens? Possessed? Some kind of hybrid? Do they know it? Do they not have a clue? Any of the above would be fine--but, good grief, at least the affected ones should know it! Everytime there's a new episode, it doubles back on itself and I can't figure out who knows what. Remember the first episode where the sheriff says, "Baby steps." What was that all about? Does he know something or not? And the "pastor?" Can he be any more cryptic?

My, I'm full of questions and indignation tonight! This show, with it's slow disclosure of information, is worse than Lost, but not as compelling--which makes it more frustrating.

Comment

This show, has annoyed me from minute one. and that's all i'm willing to say about it....except I still watch it...odd eh?

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Working...
                                X