No announcement yet.

"Sliders" Discussion /Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the Oconnell brothers left that was the end for me. I tried watching but it just kept getting worse and worse. This was one of my favorite shows though.

Comment

Season 4 and 5 was just quite a different show with the Kromaggs having taken over the multiverse. I always tried to believe that the sliders that we love in seasons 1 and 2 were somehow swapped out and that the show became about their doubles starting in early season 3.
      I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
        There is no season 4 and 5

I have seasons 1-3 on DVD and that's all I'm getting. I really tried to watch the last 2 season but got frustrated with some bad acting and some really bad storytelling. I did watch the last episode just to see what happened.
        There is no season 3 either, season 3 is worse than season 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Mefusta View Post
          You quite obviously have far more intestinal fortitude than I.
          Oh come on! Remy was still around! I had to watch the last episode for Remy.
          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Mefusta View Post
            QFT. While it was a good show back in the day, Sliders is a textbook example of a program taking the slow, horrific slide into crippling mediocrity.
            I couldn't agree more. I remember I was living overseas and a friend sent me a tape of episodes from season one which I enjoyed. I only caught a few more episodes after that. Then when it went to SciFi and they showed repeats I could not believe how horrible the show had become, just simply unwatchable. The whole Cro-Mag line was just too much for me to stomach. I did catch a few episodes of their final season and thought it was almost as bad as this current Trash Gordon. As for the ending, I have no idea or recollection as to how it ended as I just could not pay attention it was so horrid.

Comment

Did anyone watch this, also how man seasons is there i though there was 5 but can on find dvds for 3.

Thanks

RL
              sigpic

Comment

Only 3 are on DVD, but there were indeed 5 seasons.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Season 4 and 5 should be coming out this year (at least season 4)on DVD. Took them a bit longer. Some fans pretend seasons 4 and 5 don't exist because there were a lot of changes done. I tried watching 4 and 5 in re-runs and just didn't like them. I have seasons 1-3 on DVD. Though it tooks some searching to find season 3 at a store.
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

season 4 and 5 could have been so much better than it was, i mean firstly, Season 3 lost one of the shows greatest characters, and in my mind, the best character in it, Arturo (John Rhrys-Davies), the reason he left is uncertain to me, perhpas he was pissed off with the shows direction and then found a better job as Gimley in Lord Of the Rings, anyways, he was shot dead in "THE" most unprecedented and pointless scene in one of the weirdest and scientificly wrong episodes that was a two parter about some bloody storms killing their Earth, lead to: Many strange worlds, rabbits, dinosaurs and some obvious bussum of a woman added to keep the fans happy, character interaction between this so called eye candy (which never bothered me as I am Gay anyway) had null on the menu of a good personality, equalling, a terrible character, the death of Arturo, the start of a mission to catch some guy who killed this maggie's husband making her angry, angsty and generally unpleasant to watch there in afterwards.

Season 4 took this dive to a new low, so any episodes after "Exodus part 1&2" are of less quality than before right up untill the end in season 3, so if you like me you found the weekly deliverance of "Vampires" for who, for what I? don't know, yet more dinosaurs, Zombies, snakes and weird fu**ing animal people that are terrible to watch then don't make head way to the science fiction section of either HMV, Walmart, Amazon or play or even ebay to buy season 4, it IS...that bad mate

sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but fortunately, season 1,2 and most of season 3 are ace, great character interaction, nice ideas and less cheapened and tacky than the latter seasons, including one of a great many faverourite episodes "Season Greeding" which was the last one I saw purposefully Christmas eve just for a touch upon the real spirit of Christmas, watch it, the moral of the story is so good for a show that was never given the limelight it needed.
                    sigpic
                    In brightest day, in darkest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Rep-Points light!

Comment

im the the group that like to pretend S4+5 dont exist

everything went to hell after what happened to Arturo <_<

and the whole cromag(sp?) story arc was just... *gags*

Comment

I watched it from the beginning to the bitter, bitter, bitter end. The series was dead by season 4 and a rotting zombie corpse by season 5. It was dead but wouldn't stop looking for brains to decimate.

The premise and first few seasons started out great but then there were changes made behind the scenes and all kinds of revamping and revisions in an attempt to turn it into something else, which did succeed; just not in a way anyone wanted.

Comment

I absolutely agree with "Teelie" and "Darkstar 2.0". It very much saddened me when Arturo got killed off and like Stargate the dynamics of group interaction changed! Don't Get me wrong though, Maggie (Keri Whurer) is banging hot!

After that 2-part episode Sliders literally slid downhill and I was only about 9-10 years old and even then it saddened me to see how poor it went!!

At least with Stargate after season 8 you got used to it being poor, but Sliders became shockingly poor overnight!

I can't talk anymore, too upset, I await a new series that will make me love the show as much as I loved Sliders Seasons 1-3 &-a-half and Stargate Seasons 1-7.
                          I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Dont know if there is any thread bout SLIDERS. Wanted to ask u if u liked this show or not cause im doing some sort of rewatch, well i never watched it in his completly awesomness, but i always liked the episodes that i catched up in tv on sunday evenings. They say that seasons 1-3 are the best and after the leaving of john rhys-davis and the girl it wasnt the same show anymore. what are u thinking bout it & do u like it?!
                            sigpic

Comment

This link should help.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...hlight=sliders

Comment

I liked it until JRD left. After that I disliked it quite a bit.

They got kind of weird with actually having a villain to fight and whatnot. When they got into story lines with parents being from an alternate whatever and lost jerry oconnell, I knew it was over.

the show had a great opportunity to be a 4 person quantum leap, but it just fell apart with terrible writing and lazy character development.

Comment

Working...
                                X