"Sliders" Discussion /Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
    I guess I am all set then. Is there any sort of closure for the show?
    I don't remember any. But then I didn't watch alot of the last season. Although that was a different set of characters, except for Remy.
    sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

No, there is no closure, and I think it's SG-1's fault if I remember correctly.

Didn't Sci-fi need more money for SG-1 and canceled Sliders because of it?

It ends with the group gonig on some planet where they are Gods or something and the people go "if you slide again you will die". In the end Remy slides away leaving the rest of the group. We don't ever find out if he's alive or not.

Comment

oh cool! a sliders thread

my fav episode is the one with gordon woolvett in it...

cause well gordon woolvett was in it lol..i'm shallow

but i quit enjoyed that show for a long time
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

ARG!! Found on the Best Buy website in Canada that they dropped the price of season 3 to $25.99 (Future Shops is still at 64.99)
          Now that I've converted my hubby he thought he'd get season 3 for Father's Day. Catch is it's not in stock anywhere in Ontario. (we even tried cities where relatives live). And not in stock on-line. Though we are thinking if we order it on-line, we'd pay the cheap price and it'll ship when in stock? Sorry don't order on-line so don't know! Anyone can help me with this? We'd have to use Dave's parent's credit card because we don't have one.
          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

angela, check out deepdiscount.com. They have the seasons for about 20$ US and have a 20% off coupon SUPERSALE. Im not sure how much customs would cost you, but they do ship to Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
              No, there is no closure, and I think it's SG-1's fault if I remember correctly.
              It's possible, but more likely that it was "sliders" fault - the show became dire towards the end
              The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

Still plugging my way through the show, unfortunately I forgot that some of the eps are out of order on the DVD's so I missed a little continuity. It's been fun spotting some stargate actors (walter jones and that prior from early season 9)

Comment

Use...

www.earthprime.com

...for what order the episodes go in.

Comment

The end of Season Five was where Rembrant was the last one to Slide using a Kromagg Sliding machine because the timer was destroyed. He had a weapon to take back to his homeworld to kill the Kromaggs, but to be honest I thought it was an awful ending with no closure to a show that lasted five years.
                    STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                    legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Well we all know that there was five seasons of sliders and only one thru three has been released on dvd. well not anymore. according to tvshowsondvd.com season four will be released this upcoming march. enjoy!!

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sliders-Season-4/8635

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sliders...4-Box-Art/8637
                      There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

Sliders died for me when Arturo did.
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                          Sliders died for me when Arturo did.
                          QFT. While it was a good show back in the day, Sliders is a textbook example of a program taking the slow, horrific slide into crippling mediocrity.
                          Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                          Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                          Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                          - Serenity

Comment

There is no season 4 and 5

I have seasons 1-3 on DVD and that's all I'm getting. I really tried to watch the last 2 season but got frustrated with some bad acting and some really bad storytelling. I did watch the last episode just to see what happened.
                            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                              I did watch the last episode just to see what happened.
                              You quite obviously have far more intestinal fortitude than I.
                              Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                              Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                              Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                              - Serenity

Comment

Slider's season 1-3 were the best, 4 and 5 were not good at all. They should have never made it.

Comment

Working...
                                X