Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon serials on PBS as a kid.
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

The first sci-fi series that I remember seeing would be Star Trek: Original Series...I was like 5 or 6 at the time. I also remember the Orignal Battlestar Galactica...I can't remember how old I was tho.

Funny how I remember seeing those two shows and I am only 24 years old! Weird
      sigpic

Comment

I vaguely recall watching Buck Rogers with my mother as a kid, but my first show that I paid attention to was ST:TNG.
        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Mine would be Star Trek TOS, Doctor Who and Flash Gordon. I remember loving Space 1999...though I can't really remember much about it.

Comment

The original Battlestar Galactica. I still love that show, and I won't watch the new one, mainly for its refusal to give real props to its predecessor.

Comment

My first TV memory is of Doctor Who. I watched Blake's 7 as well.

Madeleine

Comment

Doctor Who is my strongest memory, but I'm not sure if that was the first, or just the one that imprinted on my brain (yet another kid traumatised by the Daleks). I remember loving Time Tunnel when I was very young, and getting really interested in astronomy because one of the episodes revolved around Halleys Comet!

Comment

hmm the first sci fi series or film i saw was defo space 1999 even thought i never relly watched it as a fan i remember a few things and how my dad used to take the mick for it being far fetched and i used to think about the year 1999 and if people would be in space ships but the frst sci fi series was voyager that was properly fan of TNG i had seen alot of but never watched it and the film first contact got me into the sci fi fold and since then its been hell ever since he he
                  For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

I´m pretty sure that TNG was the first sci-fi series I watched as a kid (excluding all cartoon shows based on sci-fi themes). If there was one before it then I´ve long since forgotten it.

Comment

The first SF series I remember seeing were Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Lost in Space and The Time Tunnel.
                      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Original Trek, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Lost in Space as well. I also liked the original Outer Limits, but I think I saw reruns.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Dr. Who, circa 1974. The final ep of "Planet of the Spiders". Jon Pertwee regenerating into Tom Baker. Class in a glass...
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                            Lost in Space
                            That used to come on scifi channel I cant believe I used to watch it - better than the film though
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                              That used to come on scifi channel I cant believe I used to watch it - better than the film though
                              Hehe. .I saw it as a kid. .on network TV (CBS maybe?). Long before cable. I couldn't stand Dr. Smith.

And TH mentioned "Time Tunnel". Watched that too!

I feel so OLD. *LOL*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I think my first one was Doctor Who. My Mom loves Sci-Fi and would watch all the shows and I would curl up and watch them with her. My memories are kinda vague but there's some BSG and Space 1999 in there. I do remember watching a lot of ST-TNG.

Comment

Working...
                                X