Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your favorite fictional character...and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From TV: Moya on FarScape. She's beautiful. And I love the concept of a living, sentient ship.

From movies: Draco from Dragonheart. Can't beat a Dragon.

From books: Menolly in Dragonriders of Pern. She's a lot like me, except she's attracted to the art of music while I'm attracted to the art of writing.
    sigpic
    "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
    Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Wait... Seven pages of thread and no one has mentioned... The Doctor???
      sigpic
      Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
        John Crichton. Real. Powerful. Poignant. Intelligent. Badass. Destined to live an epic nightmare while trying to find himself and simply searching for a way home. Always a good setting and damn, does Ben Browder pull it off or what.
        Not to mention he's unbelievably sexy while doing it.

Daniel Jackson: a wonderfully versatile character with true character development. He goes from a rather geeky scientist to a pretty competent guy with a gun, while still retaining his essential human qualities. Plus he's also hot.

Babylon 5: G'Kar and Londo. Two tragic heroes in their own right, both trying to make amends for past mistakes.

Battlestar Galactica (2003): Starbuck. A wonderfully flawed character with a great destiny. If only women were given more roles like this on tv!

Sam Carter: Loved her, a great example of a female hero who doesn't have to either hide her femininity or emphasize it particularly to get respect from her male colleagues. They respect her competence.

DS9: Garak. A very complex character you never really get to the bottom of, played by one of the best actors ever to grace the Trek franchise.
        sigpic

Comment

love Rodney McKay and Harry Potter they are awesome !!
          sigpic
          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

My 5-year-old post needs updating and expanding.

TV/Movies:

Toothless (How to Train Your Dragon)
            Hiccup
            Draco (Dragonheart)
            Moya (FarScape)
            Pilot
            Lilo
            Stitch (cute and fluffy!)
            Daniel Jackson
            John Sheppard
            Eli Wallace
            Vir Cotto (Babylon 5)
            Marcus Cole
            John Sheridan

Books:

Menolly (Dragonriders of Pern)
            Jaxom
            Ruth
            F'nor
            Canth
            Auron/AuRon (Age of Fire, E.E. Knight)
            Wistala
            Hieba
            Rainfall

And, of course, Varthikes and Audwin from my own books.
            sigpic
            "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
            Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Books, hmmm...

Definitely second Menolly
              Lanen Kaelar (Kerner's Song In The Silence and sequels)
              Frodo
              Boromir
              Helva (Anne McCaffrey's The Ship Who Sang)
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X