Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your favorite fictional character...and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seastallion
    It can be for any TV show, Movies, books, comics, or whatever. The character just has to be fictional, and you must give some reason as to why you like that character.
    Alice:
    "Through the looking glass and what Alice found there" and "Alice's adventures in Wonderland" by Lewis Carroll.

Reason:
    When all around her were losing their heads' she kept her's.
    She also made time for tea and conversation with a cat.

"...Curiouser and curiouser! cried Alice.

Comment

Master Sgt. Ernest G. Bilko, as played to perfection by the late, great, Phil Silvers.
      Why? Just because...
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

So many favrotes, top 10 would have to be:

1. Hibiki Tokai
        2. Dita Liebely
        3. Meia Gisborn
        4. Parfait Balblair
        5. Himeno Awayuki
        6. Rodney McKay
        7. Pharaoh Atem
        8. Trance Gemini
        9 Seamus Harper
        10. Illyria

Comment

Lazarus Long.........main character in five Robert A. Heinlein novels. He was a character that found out he was immortal and had some of the grandest adventures I've ever read. Here is the list of those five novels. Methusela's Children, Time Enough for Love, The Number of the Beast, The Cat Who Walked Through Walls, To Sail Beyond the Sunset (which was also his final novel before he passed away).
          Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
          O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
          O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry
            Lazarus Long.........main character in five Robert A. Heinlein novels. He was a character that found out he was immortal and had some of the grandest adventures I've ever read. Here is the list of those five novels. Methusela's Children, Time Enough for Love, The Number of the Beast, The Cat Who Walked Through Walls, To Sail Beyond the Sunset (which was also his final novel before he passed away).
            I'm quite partial to a bit of Heinlein myself.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Mine would have to be eithe Jango Fett or Boba Fett, both equally brilliant and both were leaders of the greatest warriors of all time the Madalorians, and (this is why i like them so much) they hate Jedi.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry
                *headdesk* The Number of the Beast? What was that about? Was he referring to the number 666? Because the original connotations of that number were sacred, rather than demonic...

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
                  *headdesk* The Number of the Beast? What was that about? Was he referring to the number 666? Because the original connotations of that number were sacred, rather than demonic...
                  In this case, if I remember correctly, the characters had a ship that could travel in 6 dimensions (?) and 666 was the 'address' for the reality that was trying to wipe out the rest of the realities or, at least, conquer them.
                  This race supposedly looked like the description in the Bible of the 'Beast'.

Maybe? Or did I mess this up totally? It's been a while and my books are still packed.

My favorite fictional character? A plethora, depending on genre and medium.
                  Lazarus Long
                  Amelia Peabody
                  Marcus Didius Falco
                  Jack O'Neill
                  Jaime Tallisan (The Talisman)
                  Menolly
                  Hosteen Storm

This is a quiz ? Who can ID from these character come? Jack doesn't count.
                  Last edited by Gen Blue; 21 February 2006, 05:38 PM.
                  Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue
                    In this case, if I remember correctly, the characters had a ship that could travel in 6 dimensions (?) and 666 was the 'address' for the reality that was trying to wipe out the rest of the realities or, at least, conquer them.
                    Obviously, I never read it, but given the superstition surrounding the number, it makes sense as a story.

It's almost funny, though, how the Catholic Church stripped the number of its original meaning and assigned it to the Devil. It originally (read: way, way back when) signified the Goddess in her three aspects as Virgin (Creator), Mother (Preserver), and Crone (Destroyer), representing the cyclical nature of life – and who was the original Trinity! She was eventually corrupted into the father-mother-son Trinity (e.g. Osiris, Isis, and Horus), and then the all-male Trinity (e.g. Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva, or the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). Like I said, it's almost funny.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Hmm, there are so many to choose from! I'll list my top ten:

1) Jack O'Neill - Need I say more? Funny, kicks goauld mikta, a great leader.
                      2) Starbuck (new) - She's sexy, irreverant, an awesome pilot. Ya gotta love her.
                      3) John Sheridan - He was just awesome. B5 wasn't the same without him.
                      4) Nathan Bridger - I wish seaQuest had lasted longer.
                      5) Al Calavicchi - What would Quantum Leap been like without Al?
                      6) Samantha Carter - She's hot and she's a genius.
                      7) President Jed Bartlett - Why can't we have a real leader like him? Honest and dedicated to principles.
                      8) James T. Kirk - The heart of ST. He was the best!
                      9) Hermione Granger - Cute, smart, saves Ron's and Harry's butts all the time.
                      10) Stewie Griffin - Funny, funny, smart, sophisticated, and funny.

Comment

Willow - I find her so incredibly adorable. This is due largely and heavily to Alyson Hannigan who is an awesome actor.

Daniel Jackson - Daniel's always right... or pretty damn close. What I miss most is Daniel and...

Jack O'neill - funny guy who I can be pissed at and still love at the same time.

Emily Gilmore - I love her insanity. Just when you think she's misunderstood... she proves she's really everything she's cracked up to be.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Wolverine!! 'Nuff Said!!

Comment

I pledge my allegiance to DARTH VADER!
                            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                            Caboose: They could be worse?
                            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Although it maybe "daggy" Sam, from Quantum Leap..how doing what seemed to be right, even if it cost him plenty, was the way he chose to go...something I admire in "real" people too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue

Maybe? Or did I mess this up totally? It's been a while and my books are still packed.

My favorite fictional character? A plethora, depending on genre and medium.
                                Lazarus Long - Time Enough for Love, Methuselah's Children, etc.
                                Amelia Peabody - Anything from Crocodile on the Sandback to Guardian of the Horizon.
                                Marcus Didius Falco - Three Hands in the Fountain, and others. (a PI series set in Ancient Rome.)
                                Jack O'Neill
                                Jaime Tallisan (The Talisman) - Can't remember the titles.
                                Menolly - DragonSong, DrangonSinger, DragonDrums
                                Hosteen Storm - Andre Norton, The Beast Master.

This is a quiz ? Who can ID from where these character come? Jack doesn't count.
                                What do I win? We seem to have similar bookshelves.

How about Killishandra Ree? Miles Vorkosigan? Lucky Starr? (Boy, am I dating my self there.)

You're never too old to do something goofy.
                                sigpic
                                Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Working...
                                X