Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    Leaving a horcrux right under Dumbledore's nose doesn't seem very smart to me unless he was counting on Dumbledore to not notice the obvious

sigpic
    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Ok so call me crazy but this is my theory:
      Spoiler:
      Voldemort assumed that Harry was the one in the prophecy so if he knew that either he or Harry were going to die so the other could live why not make a back up plan? Make Harry his seventh horcrux then you have a bit of Gryffindor's legacy as well as others, makes sense to me anyway so that even if Harry did win Voldemort would still have him as a horcrux.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightingale
        Ok so call me crazy but this is my theory:
        Spoiler:
        Voldemort assumed that Harry was the one in the prophecy so if he knew that either he or Harry were going to die so the other could live why not make a back up plan? Make Harry his seventh horcrux then you have a bit of Gryffindor's legacy as well as others, makes sense to me anyway so that even if Harry did win Voldemort would still have him as a horcrux.
        Spoiler:
        no Harry isn't the 7th Horcrux. He was planning however on making him one, of you read HBP carefully. I believe I read somewhere that JKR has killed this rumor. I'll see if I can find the source.

McKay's girl, and I think that Hogwarts is a pretty darn important place to leave a horcrux in. He doesn't even know that DD knew about the horcruxes, and that even Harry knew. No one supposedly knew before the diary... um... I think.

Comment

DOH!!!!!!!!! I'm so stupid!

OotP, American paperback eidtion. p. 116. "The noble and most ancient house of black"
          "........also a heavy locket that none of them could open"
          DOH. A locket! A locket horcrux was stolen from the cave! A locket found that none of them could open! Who stole it? R.A.B., most likely Regulus Arcturus Black. He hid it in his house!!!!!!!! There we go. This is what JKR meant when she said that careful re-readers of the book would correctly identify it!

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
            DOH!!!!!!!!! I'm so stupid!

OotP, American paperback eidtion. p. 116. "The noble and most ancient house of black"
            "........also a heavy locket that none of them could open"
            DOH. A locket! A locket horcrux was stolen from the cave! A locket found that none of them could open! Who stole it? R.A.B., most likely Regulus Arcturus Black. He hid it in his house!!!!!!!! There we go. This is what JKR meant when she said that careful re-readers of the book would correctly identify it!
            Yup, just like I said 2 pages ago.

Where did yuo find out Regulus's middle name??

ANd Voldermort was NOT going to make Harry a Horcrux, he was going to use Harry's death to create one.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
              Yup, just like I said 2 pages ago.

Where did yuo find out Regulus's middle name??

ANd Voldermort was NOT going to make Harry a Horcrux, he was going to use Harry's death to create one.
              You didn't say that it was the SAME locket did you? If you did ok, your idea then

Regulus' middle name? I dunno.. now that I think about it... I mean everyone on Chamber of Secrets forum assumes that it's Artcturus.. but it's not mentioned in the book... hm...

Yea that's what I meant.. Voldemort wanted to use the most important death of all to make a 7th horcrux. I just totally worded it wrong. I just read that part in HBP yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                Spoiler:
                Doesn't Hogwarts keep ALL the trophies awarded to other people? They have James' trophy.
                And I doubt its a horcrux, Voldermort didn't learn how to do that till after he left Hogwarts, and I doubt he's stupid enough to come back to Hogwarts to turn it into a horcrux right under Dumbledore's nose.
                It's called hiding in plain sight.
                Where's the best place to hide a book? In a library.
                Where's the best place to hide a tree? In a forest.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                  It's called hiding in plain sight.
                  Where's the best place to hide a book? In a library.
                  Where's the best place to hide a tree? In a forest.
                  nice thinking. Hogwarts is too important to the book and it would be stupid if there was nothing there. And Voldemort probably thought that no one will look in the most obvious place. Besides, he loved the school. He probably hid each horcrux in different plaves important to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                    nice thinking. Hogwarts is too important to the book and it would be stupid if there was nothing there. And Voldemort probably thought that no one will look in the most obvious place. Besides, he loved the school. He probably hid each horcrux in different plaves important to him.
                    I agree... it just makes too much sense once you've figured it out. Besides, if Harry doesn't return to school for year 7, I'm guessing something's going to at least bring him back there, b/c like you said, Erised, Hogwarts is too important.

Atlantis Base offers greetings from the Pegasus Galaxy
                    "Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, it turns out you are."

http://babyseals.care2.com/
                    www.stopthesealhunt.com

Comment

Spoiler:
                      If Voldermorts hiding a horcrux at school than that means he must've killed someone at school. Apart from Moaning Myrtle I cant think of anyone whos died at Hogwarts

sigpic

Comment

Erised- that lockets theories been around for a ages, where have you been?

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          If Voldermorts hiding a horcrux at school than that means he must've killed someone at school. Apart from Moaning Myrtle I cant think of anyone whos died at Hogwarts
                          If someone else was killed, they wouldn't necessarily have to haunt the school like Myrtle does. JKR could introduce another death in the next book.
                          Last edited by gatehorse; 29 November 2005, 02:52 PM.
                          gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

I've forgotten so much! I need to reread the books so badly! Next summer...I will make time next summer for sure.
                            gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

ah

Comment

Don't know about you guys, but it would have taken me at least a couple of readings to come up with that if I hadn't heard it from others..

Atlantis Base offers greetings from the Pegasus Galaxy
                                "Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, it turns out you are."

http://babyseals.care2.com/
                                www.stopthesealhunt.com

Comment

Working...
                                X