Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    I wanted to see Pig too! I thought I saw a promo pic somewhere of Ron with Pig, so I got excited, but.. I guess not... (and yes, the movie still rocks )

Atlantis Base offers greetings from the Pegasus Galaxy
    "Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, it turns out you are."

http://babyseals.care2.com/
    www.stopthesealhunt.com

Comment

it is kind of funny that we are all talking about what we wished we would have seen and everything and really haven't talked much about what we liked
      sigpic

Comment

too much stuff that I liked and I have to go to bed! I liked everything except for the most obvious parts that everyone else didn't like.

p.s. Dumbledore is supposed to be the calmest person in this planet. He would never shake Harry like that! I don't think I like Michael Gambon as Dumbledore anymore. Or at least who ever told him be like that. This is not Dumbledore!!!

Comment

i agree...i don't like Michael Gambon as Dumbledore either...i wish they could have gotten Ian McKellen, but he was too busy playing Gandalf

G'nite Erised...i too am off to bed
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
            too much stuff that I liked and I have to go to bed! I liked everything except for the most obvious parts that everyone else didn't like.

p.s. Dumbledore is supposed to be the calmest person in this planet. He would never shake Harry like that! I don't think I like Michael Gambon as Dumbledore anymore. Or at least who ever told him be like that. This is not Dumbledore!!!
            I totally agree!!!! That's what I thought too!

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
            i agree...i don't like Michael Gambon as Dumbledore either...i wish they could have gotten Ian McKellen, but he was too busy playing Gandalf

G'nite Erised...i too am off to bed
            yea, I don't think I like him as Dumbledore, either... ok I know I don't, but that's okay. he's a good actor and all, but he doesn't play Dumbledore like the character is supposed to be.. does that make sense? hrm..

anyway, there were lots of good things about the movie! I liked how dark it was.. because that showed a closeness to the book and the serious issues in the story. I'm glad they didn't try to dumb it down or anything and are aiming for quality productions and not just trying to reach a target market with disregard to the quality of the films!
            Also, I really liked Neville and Fred & George in this movie!

www.stopthesealhunt.com

Comment

OMG OMG OMG the movie was awsome!!! I went to it yesterday, and I almost went in to see it again I am sooooooooooo going to have to see it again.

My only complaint was:
              Spoiler:
              where was Dobby (he was supposed to give Harry the gillyweed) and where was Winky and Pig (Ron's owl).
              I've already seen it again

Spoiler:
              I cant believe they left out Percy!! And Ludo too! And what happened to the scene at the end where McGonagel tells Dumbledore that the minister set a dementor onto Barty Jr?!?!? That was an important scene!!!

sigpic
              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

yea, i know, they left out a bunch of important people and scenes
                Spoiler:
                i was looking forward to seeing the death eaters dangling the muggles in the air at the world cup. speaking of that, they made the stadium look awsome and the death eaters were definately what i pictured them....everybody was except Rita Skeeter, she looked like a ditz

now, bring on the 5th movie and 7th book
                sigpic

Comment

hey did anyone notice this
                  Spoiler:
                  when Moody is talking to Brat Crouch Sr. he says something like, "the last boy who went into the department of mysteries never came out," and Crouch kinda stares at him in horror/shock what's that all about?!

Comment

Originally posted by Nightingale
                    hey did anyone notice this
                    Spoiler:
                    when Moody is talking to Brat Crouch Sr. he says something like, "the last boy who went into the department of mysteries never came out," and Crouch kinda stares at him in horror/shock what's that all about?!
                    Spoiler:
                    well uh.. you know what it's about.. Crouch realized that it was his son.
                    Also some people think that it was foreshadowing for Sirius' death.. um.. don't know how though

Warning! Possible Book 7 spoiler!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
                    Hi! I just re-read the series again in preparation for GoF, and was struck by Ludo Bagman's behavior and other comments in the GoF book. Winky the house elf noted that Bagman was "Bad" according to Mr. Crouch, and he was brought in for a hearing for passing information to the dark side. Just being dim isn't enough of an excuse to miss the danger of Voldemort, Bagman is also a good actor. When Bertha goes missing, he takes no steps to find her and even discourages other people from questioning her absence.

Mr. Bagman seems to have a shaky sense of morality, and not mind bending rules to fit his needs - like the goblin gold mess - and he has been allowed to get away with things because he was a respected Quidditch player. He had no problem cheating fellow wizards as well as goblins out of gold. Bagman also had a vested interest in getting Harry to the cup, which served Voldemort's needs as well. Fred and George point out that Bagman had to "run for it" right after the third task, the point where the dark mark also made itself felt to the death eaters.

Also, when Voldemort walks the circle of death eaters at the end of GoF, he comes to a place where there are several holes. "One, too cowardly to return...One, who I believe has left me forever...". On my first read, I figured the first was Karkaroff and the second Snape. However, it could also be that in that particular spot, the one who is too cowardly is Bagman, and Karkaroff the one who has left forever.

I think I read somewhere in an interview that the primary characters for book 7 have already been introduced, although some of them haven't played key rolls before. Bagman could easily play a larger role in book 7. He hasn't been visible at the ministry, but he could have been keeping Voldemort company. He has the past connection to Voldemort, and also it appears only a few know or remember his dark past. His charisma could help win him entry into many wizarding homes, and through him sway people over to Voldemort's cause.

Now, to contradict myself, I also heard in an interview somewhere with JK Rowling that she discusses each screenplay with Steven Kloves and makes sure that important people/events don't get left out, so it may be that I am reading far too much into Mr. Bagman's spotted past.

Apologies if I have repeated a thread or comments, I am new to this site and found it rather daunting even with the search programs to try to find a similar comment.

This is from http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=77744

Which means that if they left Ludo Bagman out of movie 4, and all that *possible foreshadowing*, they are going to have a real job introducing him in movie 7.

Also, I think that all this leaving out "apparent not important stuff" from the movies, will pile up by movie 7. And all the *not important* stuff will become very important, and will slap the movie makers right in the face!
                    Last edited by Erised; 21 November 2005, 09:01 AM.

Comment

yea, i agree...i mean there was a lot of "possible foreshadowing" left out of movie 4 IMHO (in my honest opinion). i don't know how they are going to introduce Ludo now.

but i guess you gotta look at it this way...they can't possibly put EVERYTHING in the movies or the movies would be 2 days long (not that we would mind of course)
                      sigpic

Comment

yea, i agree...i mean there was a lot of "possible foreshadowing" left out of movie 4 IMHO (in my honest opinion). i don't know how they are going to introduce Ludo now.

but i guess you gotta look at it this way...they can't possibly put EVERYTHING in the movies or the movies would be 2 days long (not that we would mind of course)
                        Count me in!!

Erised- great theory but
                        Spoiler:
                        I really dont think JK would've let them leave Bagman out of the movie if he was that important.

I'm gunna have to read HBP again

sigpic

Comment

do any of you lot think that Crookshanks is an animagus?

Comment

Originally posted by Nightingale
                            do any of you lot think that Crookshanks is an animagus?
                            No, there's a book called something like 'Magical creatures' written by JK where it explains what Crookshanks is.

sigpic

Comment

i dunno why do ya say that
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                                Also, I think that all this leaving out "apparent not important stuff" from the movies, will pile up by movie 7. And all the *not important* stuff will become very important, and will slap the movie makers right in the face!
                                That was my thinking too!

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                                Erised- great theory but
                                Spoiler:
                                I really dont think JK would've let them leave Bagman out of the movie if he was that important.
                                That seems true too.. although writers often don't have a lot of control over the films themselves.. even screenwriters.. but of course, JK/HP is a different endeavor of its own, so hopefully she is supervising everything and making sure what needs to be left in, is left in

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.... at least all the films so far have been super cool and so they should continue that way...

www.stopthesealhunt.com

Comment

Working...
                                X