No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I predicted just after the sixth book came out that the seventh would have a red title.
    I'm really interested in why Harry and Voldemort don't have wands.
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
    Caboose: They could be worse?
    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
      Oh, very nice...

I particularly like the amulet on the cover of the UK adult edition. It'd make a nice piece of high-end collectable merchandise.

Oh, BTW, did any of you hear about this?
      Why oh why do I suddenly have the "itch" to go find one of those...

I can't believe that someone at Mattel didn't think of that before they released a vibrating toy for little kids... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by upinout View Post
        Why oh why do I suddenly have the "itch" to go find one of those...
        There's one going on e-bay at the moment.

Current price is £1.99, plus £2.00 P&P. Only two bids so far.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Has anyone noticed the curtains on the US book covers?

On the cover of SS there are red curtains. They're very nice and new looking. The orange curtains on the DH cover are frayied and worn out.

SS is starting the adventure and DH is ending the story, slightly worn.

That's somethig that I noticed.

Comment

Here is what I think

I think Harry Potter is a horcrux. And to beat Lord Voldemort, Harry must kill himself to kill Voldemort. This is why Harry is so similar to Voldemort because a piece of Voldemort soul is in Harry. Even J.K. Rowling said she might kill Harry off and what is better then self-sacrifice for a true hero. Also this way she won't have to write anymore about Harry Potter and she can sit around and count her money
            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic
            So whats the worst that could happen?
            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Muahaha

http://www.mugglenet.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                Yeah... Okay... The words April and Fool spring readily to mind...
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

lol
                  Sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Well, it's nice to know that the folks at MuggleNet have a sense of humour.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                      Here is what I think

I think Harry Potter is a horcrux. And to beat Lord Voldemort, Harry must kill himself to kill Voldemort. This is why Harry is so similar to Voldemort because a piece of Voldemort soul is in Harry. Even J.K. Rowling said she might kill Harry off and what is better then self-sacrifice for a true hero. Also this way she won't have to write anymore about Harry Potter and she can sit around and count her money
                      Or start writting 'Hogwarts: A History' Goodness knows how many notebooks JK has on just the backstory on every character and Hogwarts.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                        :LOL:

WTG mugglenet!!! I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                          Well, it's nice to know that the folks at MuggleNet have a sense of humour.
                          Anyone see last year's "Marriage" gag? That one is pretty hard to top.....

Comment

Finally read the Half-Blood prince last week. Man, what a downer.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                              Finally read the Half-Blood prince last week. Man, what a downer.
                              I know what you mean. It was the only book where I actually cried at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
                                Or start writting 'Hogwarts: A History' Goodness knows how many notebooks JK has on just the backstory on every character and Hogwarts.
                                I'd love her to do thos. I don't think she will but I love her to...

I'd also love her to do short stories about various characters. Minerva, Dumbledore, Flitwick... Either from youth or as a teacker.

suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X